Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    Actually noticeably worse. This was I think after LD won 2012 Olympics and FHF after 2016 Olympics.

2. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Can we blame their drop of performance due to marriage?

Did CL performance go down right after his marriage?

*innocent face*

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Definitely!

Well, at least CL had won a couple Gold medals before he got married and dropped his performance. He was much smarter :D

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Really? Interesting.. should make a stats out of those.
    Kevin did also have blonde hair once I don't particularly know how he had been doing during that time though. Not many videos on Youtube with him in blonde hair. Or that has already indicated the obvious?

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Now that I have said that, I hope no medal obsessed personal would hear that and respond to my post. :p

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I don't see how having one appointment at the hair salon last a bit longer to dye on top of cutting can be directly related to performance or commitment :D
    I mean I don't like them as persons but that's just unfair.

skeksis likes this.
  7. konak

konak Regular Member

Tontowi Ahmad win oly 2016 with dyed Hair.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It wasn't even close to blonde.. lol

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

So now the color is important? :D and I thought it was the fact that they dyed it and started "paying attention to their looks"

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Were you "paying attention to the posts"? It wasn't me who said that haha

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You appeared to be in agreement, but even so it was a joke :D

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I was more interested in whoever dyed his hair blonde were having bad days afterward statistics. :D:p

Or any radical color actually. Blue, red, pink, orange.
    GLY has her ponytail dyed doesn't she?

13. phucle

phucle New Member

This Kevin's fanboying and blaming Marcus are tiring and should stop. Look at the WC 2018 and tally up the unforced errors of each player and it was clear Kevin made most of the errors, especially in the first game. If anyone has played competitively with a partner making that many errors, you would know that is hugely distracting and lower your own morale (just ask Tan Boon Heong).

It was clear that Kevin always has been the player with more volatile personality and creativity. He needs a stable rock like Marcus to rely on when he couldn't bring out that special sauce. If anyone should complain, it should be Marcus, not Kevin. I get that people have favorite players, but at least be objective.

melon94 likes this.
  14. wade

wade Regular Member

still waiting those moment when indonesia can win gold in major tournament without butet or hendra..

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well, to be objective too, if Marcus is as solid and reliable as ZN or TBH then he has every right to complain. Otherwise I don't think he should complain much. Especially not with his current condition now. :D

Though I don't really know much about KKK/TBH, not a fan at all. KKK creative as he was, he hardly moved unless he was really forced to and that annoyed me.
    Kevin, on the other hand, moves too much and I think it was his running all over the court trying to get everything was probably what used to distract Marcus more than anything.

They were doing just fine but now they are struggling to regain their form. If Marcus couldn't level up his game, they would need to find a better plan to get around this.

16. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

I often think gideon were actually the engine of this partnership. when kevin had a bad game, as long as gideon stay solid, they still had a chance to beat their opponent. couldn't say the same if its the other way around simply because rarely I've seen kevin playing good enough when gideon having a bad day. kevin is really good, but very unstable imo. his level of play depending on his partner performance.

#1476 MezzL, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

That is true.

Though I think it is mainly because the opponents would often target Marcus whether Kevin is having a bad day or not. When Kevin is in a very good mood, there is no way the opponent would give him any chance. That is why they have less chance to win if Marcus is playing bad than the other way around. Their game tactic would only work like magic if Marcus being solid which is not really the case lately, unfortunately.

But I am sure they will figure it out. Fingers crossed.

18. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

sadly this is kinda true :)

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Which even emphasizes the claims 'they lost because of Marcus' or 'Kevin needs better partner' even more :p:D

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well I think this is a great opportunity for the minions to figure out what kind of pair they are now. They wouldn't keep winning if they only rely on the attacks seeing how Marcus stamina and form are not as they once were. If they are planning to go to Olympics they really need to gear up and evolve to something more consistent and stronger. It is still 2 years away and I don't see how Marcus could be as strong by then.

AG would be the first test. It will be held in Istora where it should favor Kevin and Marcus playing style.