Zhang Nan ( 张楠 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Sep 6, 2016.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

:eek:Oh.. I'd like that idea a lot :D:D
    Just don't know how to get him to teach me :oops:

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think it's more like she is not his type, that's why he's taking offence with the rumour. Anyway, I don't want to speculate, true or not , it's their private matter.

3. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

By the way based on Zhang Nan interview during WBC did he still interested to play in XD ? Double duties ? I m personally have faith with him in XD with Chen Qingchen .

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He did say MD is his main priority and he's not giving up XD, adding his Nanjing WC results were regrettable and he's not resigned to it, and will constantly improve himself.

Admittedly, for the CHN doubles coaching team, they are focusing on Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong and Wang Yilu/Huang Dongping but Zhang Nan still has to maintain his XD competitiveness just in case any of the two main pairs were to develop problems.

But as far as the Tokyo 2020 Olympics is concerned, Zhang Jun has made his decision clear, no double duties, that is only one discipline allowed, for all the doubles players who aspire to be Olympians. Don't expect him to budge or make any exceptions for anyone.

Badton2020, Ukfbk and Cheung like this.
  5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

They still need him in the reserved seat for XD? At least partner him with someone else..

Ukfbk likes this.
  6. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

I really like the idea to partner he with chen qingchen

7. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

I really like Zhang Nan . He such a role model for China team . Hopefully Liu Cheng will improve more so that he can be perfection to their partnership . I do hope also Zhang nan couple of major tournaments again . Because , for his determination and hardship he deserved to be champion again and again ..

Badton2020 and Justin L like this.
  8. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

Hopefully he can win the major tournament again . I have faith in him

Badton2020 likes this.
  9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Zhang Nan is the best double player China team has now in both MD and XD after Cai then Fu retired. It is just sad there isn't anyone good enough to be at least close to his level. He is simply too good when he is in form that the opponents would just try to get the shuttles away from him and target his partners. Even someone with Fu's level, he was often targeted when he was paired with Zhang Nan. The stronger and better younger players are all reserved.

But I like the idea of trying him with CQC. It should help CQC to develop her skill in WD too.

10. yeo_melaka

yeo_melaka Regular Member

Just finished watching WC'18. Zhang Nan in good form. but both his partner is disappointing especially the lady in xd. How many points did Li gave up???:(

11. llrr

llrr Regular Member

ZN is by far the best front court doubles player right now imo. Better than KSS because he's more stable. I always feel a calmness when watching him play, despite how fast men's doubles are.

Hannibal127 and Badton2020 like this.
  12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yes he is indeed the most experienced player right now. Though I think Kevin being unstable is what has often troubled ZN when he played him. Hard to read or dictate an opponent who doesn't play according to the textbook.

llrr likes this.
  13. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

Zhang nan weibo status . Can anyone help me to translate this ...

2010广州亚运会到2014仁川亚运会再到2018雅加达亚运会,昨天结束了我的第三届亚运会,这次的表现差强人意,真的很遗憾。对不起教练费心的对于我和刘成的帮助与指导,也对不起再背后默默付出的工作人员,虽然你们在幕后但是你们比任何人都辛苦,对于我自己“这一路走来,说不上多辛苦,庆幸心里很清楚”不管遇到多少困难,为了梦想从未放弃过,希望自己能够坚持热爱羽毛球的初心,才不会被一些琐碎的事情干扰,让自己变得更加强大与坚强,对于运动员来说,能有多少个四年去等待,很多事情可以重来,但短暂的职业生涯,稍纵即逝,四年后我希望自己还能出现在亚运会的赛场 ,继续为大家奉献出更多精彩的比赛 。最后感谢一直以来无条件支持我的家人,朋友,还有所有喜欢张楠的球迷们,谢谢你们一直都在,我会更加努力。[米奇比心][米奇比心][米奇比心]
    Coach chen qiuqiu comment

@陈祈遒:从汤杯一双,世锦赛前四,亚运会决赛对印尼时担任二双顶住压力,在魔鬼主场夺回团体冠军!再到平时的训练,你都是男双组的榜样!所以,你只需要收拾心情,初心就是直面问题,解决问题,在东京奥运会上展现技艺更加精湛的自己!尽管你现在的成就已经排在历史的前沿,相信你还能够续写辉煌!一起努力

14. llrr

llrr Regular Member

This is a bit of a ramble from ZN tbh. Basically he's reflecting on the fact that he just competed in his third Asian games, and that he and LC underperformed in the current games, so he's apologetic to all the people who worked hard behind the scenes and held high hopes for them. Then he reflects on the fact that the career of a professional athlete is short and there aren't many 4yrs one can wait for, so he's going to try his best to come back for the next Asian games and do well. Finally he thanked his family, friends, and all the fans for their unwavering support.

As for the second paragraph, his coach Chen Qiqiu is just giving some encouragement to ZN, listing his past playing achievements and saying that he's a role model to the doubles players. Then he basically just said that if ZN could keep calm and try to solve problems then they can achieve even more in the future including at the Tokyo Olympics.

#114 llrr, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Badton2020 and yuquall like this.
  15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

The second paragraph wasn't from the coach to ZN?

16. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

Second paragraph is Chen qiuqiu ( zhang nan’s coach ) comment on his post at weibo

llrr likes this.
  17. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Oh oops. That makes perfect sense. I got confused for a moment there (thought ZN tagged his coach with @). That makes alot more sense now! I've updated the post. Sorry guys for the dumb mistake...

18. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

thank you so much for your kind to trannslate this :)

19. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

I am admire zhang nan for his perseverence and grit . May all his hardship and patience will be rewarded . Before this I feel a bit sad for him thought that he was underrated by many for his talent and people keep talking that his achievement thank to Zhao Yunlei and Fu Haifeng . But for me , ZYL and FHF will not got those acheivement without a partner like Zhang Nan . Right now , I feel more happy because people start realise him especially in China . He no longer underrated , but an importance player for team China . He is role model for team china as what his coach always mentioned it . I think , his coach Chen qiu qiu really admired him because he always praise how good zhang nan is , for his gut and grit .
    True story is , I like zyl first , but after knew about zhang nan , I m start being his fan . Its all not because his talent or his good looking face , but because his determination and preseverance really thought me something . May force be with Zhang Nan ...

Badton2020 and Justin L like this.
  20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Looks like Zhang Nan is playing both MD and XD in Japan Open and China Open.