Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Voltric are naturally head heavy rackets. So they assist you in the power department. Be it lifts, clear, smashes, it will be easy. However the swing speed will be slow. That is where Bravesword 12 excels. It is a good rackets for quick drives.

But like all balanced rackets, you will need to have decent pronation and good wrist work to defend well. Balanced rackets like Arc10 and arc11 (without aerosword tech) will require even more quality user input. Actually with aero tech, it is a breeze defending really.

Suggest you improve on your technique by video filming yourself and comparing with online training videos. Work on your defence with bs12 if you decide to make your bs12 relationship work out.

My only dissatisfaction with my brief experience with Bravesword 12 ...was the lack of smashing power. (Probably need to smash with your all like LYD.) And my inability to accurately control it during defence. (Haha i probably needed more time to adapt.. But it just didn't feel right for my case.)

s6edge and justinloong like this.
  2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The Bravesword frame shape has little to no influence on defensive speed. Rhe movements are too short and slow for that, the difference will only be significant (if that) on longer, faster swings such as a smash or high clear.

3. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

I use bs12 4ug5 for 4 months now. At first everything is excellent except smash. Typical problem for 3u user going for 4u. I used zspeed, zf2, nr900 before. After spent few sessions with bs12, i happy to say that this racquet really brilliant. I solved the smash problem with slightly different smashing technique. Its more of a whip action rather throwing action. With 4U and whip actions, i can smash 6-8 times non stop. I too worried about power in 4u racquet but its not in my case.

4. aniket deshmukh

aniket deshmukh Regular Member

Business
    hi junye.. your suggestion actually worked.. it almost took me 2 months to get used to brs 12.. but now its so fun to play with brs 12.. still brs 12 smashes r not powerful like voltric racket, but with this racket i dont need to smash all the time.. very smooth racket.. now planning to upgrade to js 10 3u..

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Junye likes this.
  5. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Anyone knows where to buy BS 12KRP? I’d like to get myself one as a Xmas present :)

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Maybe ask @freewilly if he still has one left.

7. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Back using these wonderful racquets after using mostly Li Ning’s (N9-2, N80-2, N80...).

BS12 is clearly less powerful when smashing but offers effortless power when clearing. Noticed that when playing singles with it, no trouble being at the back court. Smash power is sufficient even if it’s not intended to rain down smashes like say N9-2.

Playing doubles it’s hard to get outpaced when using this racquet, drives are lethal, defence top notch for a 3U racquet, attacking is better than racquets with same purpose (nanoray 750, nanoray 800, jetspeed 10...)

Very happy with this racquet so i’m gonna stock up as i think newly released racquets don’t offer much better performance if any. Good thing with BS12 is that it’s remaining quite cheap

justinloong likes this.
  8. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Where do you get this quite cheap? :O btw, I'm not sure about the quality of these right now. Recently I got one and had to exchange it because a piece of paint chipped off as soon as I took it out of the bag. Then a month later, the frame cracked without clashing/mishit at the 4/8 o'clock position. I know, the strongest part cracked. It was still on its first string BG80P at 26lbs which was extremely conservative. I dunno if I was just unlucky or what..

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Prepare to buy lots and lots so you'll have replacements when they break

10. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

The MX80s didn't have this problem.
    I played 6 years with 4 rackets.

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The BS did, broke 4 in a single season (~8 months). Part of it is the frame shape, which is not as sturdy, mechanically speaking, as a box frame

llrr likes this.
  12. llrr

llrr Regular Member

The meteors are much stronger from my experience. Had 2 for over 5yrs

13. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

Must be unlucky. I bought 3 bs12; 1 3U, 2 4U. So far no problem even i stringed 28-30lbs.

14. naveent22

naveent22 New Member

Does anybody know how the hypernano x990 4u stacks up against bs 12, Caz I heard it has a slightly more flexible shaft compared to 900.

15. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Back playing with BS12, this racquet is truely a gem. Incredible maniability, very good control and powerful enough.

In fact this racquet is really powerful for all strokes but smashs as it’s medium to stiff and really aerodynamic so it’s head weight is kinda neutralized. But clears including backhand ones are incredible.

It pairs nicely with BG80 @ 12kg.
    Tried it with lots of different strings but none felt right to me, including BG66UM

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I don't know what racket you got there but the BS12 is neither head heavy (no head weight neutralized by aerodynamics, trust me) nor stiff (or medium to stiff) :D

17. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Oh I’m not saying the BS12 is head heavy, just that it’s head weight is neutralized by it’s aerodynamic qualities!

And to me as it’s really fluid in the air it plays a little stiffer than racquets with similar balance / stiffness.

Hope I’m clearer now ;)

Babar likes this.
  18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well mechanically speaking there is no such thing as neutralizing head weight as far as the impulse (and as a result, acceleration of the shuttle, aka 'power' of a shot) is concerned. If your smash is lacking with it, it's probably because it's a slightly head light racket, and not very stiff either. For me it wasn't a huge issue, as I don't depend on my smash anyway (that would be a losing strategy with my smash :D), but it can be an issue if you're either very explosive in your swing (shaft not able to store and transfer that kinetic energy optimally) or are strong, but not explosive (in which case a heavier, equally soft racket would be better).
    Rest assured it's not the 'aerodynamic' qualities of the racket robbing you of your power :D

19. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I’m just trying to say that thanks to it’s aerodynamic qualities it plays differently compared to racquets with same specs!

All in all, I like it a lot, forces me to play a more patient/controlled game, which fits my natural qualities better than all out smashing!

20. dhobo

dhobo Regular Member

Hello, just wondering given all the variations of BS12 and BS12N was wondering if I could get a second opinion on authenticity... I haven’t seen this font and size used on the cap before...

Attached Files: