Indian Badminton Tournament Results (Domestic and International)

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by badmuse, Dec 26, 2017.

1. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

2. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

3. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

badmuse likes this.
  4. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Link: https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/chandigarh/malvika-beats-gayatri-enters-final/657439.html

Posted at: Sep 23, 2018, 2:19 AM; last updated: Sep 23, 2018, 2:19 AM (IST)
    Malvika beats Gayatri, enters final
    Maisnam edges Tharun, sets up title clash with Kiran Georage in boys’ U-19 singles

[​IMG]
    Malvika Bansod in action against Gayatri Gopichand during their semifinal match in the All-India Junior Ranking Tournament at the Sector 43 Sports Complex on Saturday. Photo: Pradeep Tewari

Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, September 22

Gayatri Gopichand Pullela lost in straight games to second seed Malvika Bansod
    in the girls’ U-19 singles semifinals and crashed out of the All-India Junior Ranking Badminton Tournament at the Sector 43 Sports Complex here on Saturday.

The third seed fought hard in the opening game before losing 26-28. Malvika, though, showed her superiority in the second game as she won 21-19 to set up the title clash with Purva Barve.

Sixth seed Purva survived a scare before overcoming Kavipriya S in an intense semifinal encounter.

Purva won the opening game 21-12, but a resilient Kavipriya clawed her way back into the match with a 21-19 win in the second game. The two players then fought hard in the decider, but it was Purva who held nerve at a critical juncture to seize the game 23-21 and enter the final.
    Maisnam, Kiran advance
    In the boys’ U-19 singles, ninth seed Maisnam Meiraba was stretched by Tharun M before he claimed a spot in the final.

Meiraba took the initial lead with a 21-19 win in the first game, but Tharun drew level with a 21-12 win in the second game. Meiraba, however, regained his composure and clinched the decider 21-15 to stay in contention for the title.

In the final, the ninth seed will play second seed Kiran Georage, who registered a resounding 21-13 21-13 win over seventh seed Alap Mishra in the semis.

Krishna-Srishti move ahead
    Meanwhile, top seeds Sri Krishna Sai Kumar Poldile and Srishti Jupudi came from behind to beat Yovan Dabas and Kavya Gandhi in the U-19 mixed doubles semifinals.

Krishna and Srishti lost the first game 18-21, but the duo came back strongly to win the next two games 21-13 21-16 to enter the final, where they will meet S Krishna Prasad and AK.

The sixth seeds humbled Dingku Konthoujam and Simrin Singhi 21-19 21-19 in the semis.

Aditi-Tanisha stay in the hunt

In the girls’ U-19 doubles semifinals, Aditi Bhatt and Tanisha Crasto stunned fourth seeds Sahithi Bandi and Tanushree R 21-17 15-21 21-15, while eighth seeds Preethi K and Priya Devi Konjengbam overcame Trisha Hegde and Drithi Yatheesh 21-18 17-21 21-13.

The boys’ U-19 doubles final will be played between fourth seeds Krishna Prasad G and Dhruv Kapila and second seed pair of M Khwairakpam and D Konthoujam.

While Krishna and Kapila packed off Edwin Joy and Arvind V suresh 21-10 21-17 in the semifinals, Khwairakpam and Konthoujam drubbed third seeds Navaneeth Bokka and Sai Pavan Karri 21-10 21-12.
    straight games to second seed Malvika Bansod in the girls’ U-19 singles semifinals and crashed out of the All-India Junior Ranking Badminton Tournament at the Sector 43 Sports Complex here on Saturday.

5. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

6. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

7. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

8. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Link: https://scroll.in/field/895530/badm...-selection-tournament-for-world-junior-cships

Badminton: Malvika Bansod, Maisnam Meiraba win first selection tournament for world junior c’ships
    Bansod, 17, beat sixth seed Purva Barve in a marathon girls’ singles final that lasted an hour and six minutes.
    [​IMG]

Scroll Staff

Second seed Malvika Bansod and ninth seed Maisnam Meiraba won the girls’ and boys’ singles titles respectively at the All India Junior Ranking Badminton Tournament in Chandigarh on Sunday. This is one of two tournaments that has been picked as selection trials for the world junior championships in Markham, Canada, in November.

Fourth seeds Dhruv Kapila and Krishna Prasad Garaga won the boys’ doubles title, while Aditi Bhatt and Tanisha Crasto bagged the girls’ doubles gold. Top seeds Sri Krishna Sai Kumar Podile and Srishti Jupudi won the mixed doubles title.

Bansod, 17, beat sixth seed Purva Barve in a marathon girls’ singles final that lasted an hour and six minutes. The Nagpur girl won the match 21-17, 21-23, 21-17. She had beaten third seed Gayatri Gopichand Pullela in a thrilling semi-final match 28-26, 21-19 on Saturday.

Meiraba, 15, also needed three games to get past Kiran George, his fellow trainee at the Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy, in the boys’ singles final. Meiraba won the final 23-21, 16-21, 21-14.

This was the third three-game match Meiraba had played in the tournament. In the semi-finals, he was stretched by the unseeded Tharun M 21-19, 12-21, 21-15. In the third round, the Manipur boy had to come back from a game down to beat third seed Priyanshu Rajawat 8-21, 21-16, 21-18.

Dhruv and Krishna were not troubled by second seeds Manjit Singh and Dingku Sing, winning the boys’ doubles final 21-14, 21-14. Aditi and Tanisha also won their final against Preethi K and Priya Devi in straight games, but not without a fight – 24-22, 21-13. Sri Krishna and Srishti also won the mixed doubles final against Sai Pratheek Krishna Prasad and Ashwini Bhat K in straight games – 21-18, 21-16.

The second selection tournament for the World Juniors will begin in Punchkula, Haryana, on Tuesday.

9. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

10. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

11. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

12. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Link: https://scroll.in/field/896484/badm...second-selection-tournament-for-world-juniors

Badminton: Malvika Bansod, Priyanshu Rajawat win second selection tournament for world juniors

This is the second title for Malvika Bansod in the ranking tournaments.

Malvika Bansod and Priyanshu Rajawat won the girls’ and boys’ titles respectively at the 27th All India Junior Ranking Badminton Tournament in Panchkula on Sunday.

Dhruv Kapila and Krishna Prasad Garaga won the boys’ doubles title defeating the top seeds Sri Krishna Sai Kumar Podile and Vishnuvardhan Goud, while Srishti Jupudi and Ashwini Bhat bagged the girls’ doubles gold. Navaneeth Bokka and Sahithi Bandi won the mixed doubles title.

In the boys singles final, third Rajawat defeated D Sarath 18-21, 21-17, 24-22 in 61 minutes. Second seed Malvika defeated third seed Gayatri Gopichand in a 65-minute encounter, winning 21-11, 20-22, 21-15.

Malvika and Maisnam Meiraba had won the girls’ and boys’ singles titles respectively in Chandigarh on Sunday in the first of the two tournaments that has been picked as selection trials for the world junior championships in Markham, Canada, in November.

In the other categories, Kapila and Krishna Prasad Garaga had won the boys’ doubles title in Chandigarh as well, while Aditi Bhatt and Tanisha Crasto had bagged the girls’ doubles gold. Top seeds Sri Krishna Sai Kumar Podile and Srishti Jupudi had won the mixed doubles title.

The selection of the squads for the world juniors is expected to be done on Monday.

13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Link: https://indianexpress.com/article/s...ain-keeps-parents-dental-clinic-shut-5380571/

Malvika Bansod wins again, keeps parents’ dental clinic shut
    Malvika became the youngest player to reach the round of 16 at last year's Senior Nationals in Nagpur... The youngster also became the youngest Indian after (Saina) Nehwal and PV Sindhu to win a senior ranking tournament when she won in Bareilly in January this year.

Written by Nitin Sharma | Panchkula | Published: October 1, 2018 4:04:15 am

[​IMG]
    Malvika Bansod (R) receives instructions from her parents Parbodh and Trupti during girls’ under-19 final against Gayatri Gopichand on Sunday. (Photo: Jasbir Malhi)

During her match against third seed Gayatri Gopichand, 17-year-old Malvika Bansod would often look to the coaches’ area, from where her parents Parbodh and Trupti were giving her instructions.

[​IMG]
    After the second-seeded Malvika completed a 21-11, 20-22, 21-15 win over her fancied opponent in the girls’ U-19 final of the Smt. Krishna Khaitan Memorial All India Junior Ranking Badminton Tournament, organised by Express Shuttle Club Trust, on Sunday, the youngster was given a warm hug by her parents, both dentists, before she went for her stretching exercises.

“I was always scared about operations and my parents never forced me to pursue medicine. Most of the time they are travelling with me and it means that their clinic has to be shut. So it’s the other way around and I have made them part-time badminton coaches,” Malvika laughed. “I often see my parents performing dental surgeries and when I execute my shots with precision, I am sure it gives them the same kind of satisfaction,” the winner of the N Harridass Trophy for the best girl player of the tournament added.

Coached at the Shakuntala Makode Badminton Academy in Nagpur, where she joined in 2011, Malvika won the U-13 title at the Maharastra State Championships in 2013, and went on to win the U-15, U-17 and U-19 titles the following years.

Her first final appearance at a national junior ranking tournament came at Gulbarga in 2015, when she lost to Gayatri. Last year, the youngster won the U-19 title at the Junior ranking tournament in Chennai, and reached the final at the India Junior International in Pune. She also won the U-17 title at the Smt. Krishna Khaitan Memorial All India Junior Ranking Badminton Tournament.

After that win last year, Malvika became the youngest player to reach the round of 16 at last year’s Senior Nationals in Nagpur, where a loss against Sriyanshi prevented a possible quarter-final clash against Saina Nehwal. The youngster also became the youngest Indian after Nehwal and PV Sindhu to win a senior ranking tournament when she won in Bareilly in January this year.

“I often remember my score sheets from previous matches and the draw of tournaments. The wins in Chennai and Chandigarh last year gave me confidence ahead of the senior Nationals and even though I could not face Saina didi in the quarters, seeing them compete on the same courts meant a lot for me. The win in Bareilly also helped me understand the game and strategy required at the senior level and I hope to win more such tournaments to get a chance to compete against Saina didi once,” says the youngster, who idolises 20018 Asian Games champion and current world No. 1 Tai Tzu Ying.

Junior world championship

The twin wins in Chandigarh and Panchkula mean the youngster has almost secured her berth in the Indian team for the junior world championships in Canada in November.

“Both of us want to see her win and even though it means shutting our clinic for a week or so, nothing gives us more joy than seeing Malvika win. Sometimes, we get nervous during matches but she is the one who calms us down,” Trupti said.

It was also the sixth time in the last two years that Malvika had faced Gayatri in an U-17 or U-19 tournament and the Maharastra youngster leads 4-2 against daughter of the chief national coach.

Coach Kiran Makode considers Malvika’s understanding of the game as her biggest strength. “When Malvika came to train, her grip and footwork were not correct. She had a range of good strokes and is an aggressive player but sometime, she used to suffer a form slump in the second or third game. With time, she has learnt to control the pace of the game. If she can continue playing without fear, she can have a smooth transition to the senior level,” said Makode.

ainchekar likes this.
  14. ainchekar

ainchekar Regular Member

Has the selection happened?
    Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

15. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Why isn't last year Asia u15 champion Samiya farooqui playing in this year asia u17 and u15 championship starting today ?

16. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

I am still waiting for the selection committee to announce the team. I will post in the 'India Badminton' thread when I get the news.

17. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Samiya Farooqui was trying to make the WJC squad and played both selection tournaments. She lost in the early rounds.

Baddie lover likes this.
  18. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

13 year old mansi Singh is doing well in national junior competition. She is registered for u17 category. Let's see how she plays

19. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

#59 badmuse, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  20. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member