Has anyone tried ARTENGO BSC950?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by jimmy00, Jul 15, 2018.

1. jimmy00

jimmy00 New Member

2. Shiv Kumar

Shiv Kumar Regular Member

I have tried their duck feather shuttlecock once. They were not durable. Didn't lasted even 1 game. I don't know the series though.
    The information available on this forum usually says that Artengo shuttles are poor.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

3. Arradon

Arradon Regular Member

I played many times with Artengo 950 and have very good experience with it. They are easly better than Yonex AS10 or even 20, RSL4 or even 3 with better price.

4. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree. Can't remember what series was it but price is abt that of Yonex AS10. Total crap.
    I would think RSL Gold or Victor Green Champion would be best value + durability + feel

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I bought a tube of Artengo BSC930 last Monday. It was discounted at 11 euros so I thought it was worth a try. It's really poor in term of durability and the feather are extremely soft/spongy to the touch when holding them and to the feel with the racket. The first shuttle broke during warm up after 4 mid-court "clears". One feather broke and instantly the birdie dropped 2 meters in length and became unusable with a weird spinning pattern. Also they tend to float a lot.

I dislike the most the Babolat #4 or the Yonex League 7 but they are still ok and playable (usually 2 shuttles per set and the shuttle is still ok for drills or warm up afterwards). The Artengo shuttles are not even comparable to those.

We used 6 shuttles to finish one set and half the points were played with a shuttle flying funny and we could have easily spent the 12 shuttles during a single set... I finished the tube of 12 (the 6 other shuttles doing drills at the net since they don't fly well) in one night and didn't get any pleasure from playing with those. The worst shuttle I ever used, even at 11 euros it is not worth it and we always broke a feather within 4 to 20 strokes. From there the shuttle became unusable. :confused:

6. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    I am a HUGE decathalon fan and 90% of my sports wardrobe is from there (especially as I'm an average american size but living in China, it is the only place I can reliably find "normal" sized clothes.)

That being said I HAAATTTTTTTEEEE their shuttles. I didn't pay attention to durability, but the feel of them is totally like LenaicM said, all squishy/spongy and they fly quite poorly. Shuttles are provided at my club so I don't really pay attention to them, but when I suddenly feel like one is a real dud, I check the label and more often than not it's a decathalon one that got into the mix. I try to change it out as soon as I can.