Pre - Stretch in semiautomatic machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Tanislasqui, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Tanislasqui

Tanislasqui New Member

Hi. I am strung with a Semi Automatic machine. And I realized in the first rackets I did, I put the tension they asked me and the racket lost a lot of tension. At first I thought it was because of the knot I was doing. But now I realized that it is due to pre - stretch. Then Now when I agree I stretch the rope with the machine 3 times and instead of putting 25lbs as they ask me I put 26.5lbs. When I finish stringing the racket is approx 25.2. But my dilemma is that with this machine I spend about an hour per racket and with the pre - stretch it takes another 15min more. There is some way to earn more time or achieve better results with the machine I have.

This is the machine that I have Eagnas combo 810.

Attached Files:

2. mtieu

mtieu Regular Member

Sales Manager
    When I was using a crank machine like yours, I increased the tension like what you're doing, crank slowly, and pull twice. This is still not as fast or effective as an electronic puller, but I did find that it helped reduce tension loss. Also, make sure you pull each string at the same speed for more consistent tension. The only way to get faster is practice and try to cut down time weaving the racket and getting through shared holes and pulling string through grommets and across the string bed faster.

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Eagnas' machines are very poor quality and I wouldn't expect to get quality results with it.

That said, you could use this technique to pre-stretch your strings and increase your reference tension by 10% and it would give decent results without comprimising your speed too much with a good quality machine.