Badminton in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by gaDEfan, May 6, 2007.

1. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

@kurako

What about Kenta Kazuno and Ayane Kurihara?? Where are they? Are you aware as to why they are not doing world tours?

2. minions

minions Regular Member

Kenta Kazuno has been retired after Dubai SSF last year. Ayane is paired with Kohei Gondo and participate in lower tournaments.

Quentin11 likes this.
  3. visor

visor Regular Member

Just getting ready for Tokyo OG...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

4. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Kazuno retired at the end of the S/J League season earlier this year, leaving Kurihara to team up with someone else. Her new partner is Gondo Kohei (Tonami) and they pair up as members of the national B team (World Rank: 39). Last month they won the Indonesia International Challenge.

Considering that Kurihara and Gondo are affiliated to different corporate teams, they are not doing too badly.

Quentin11 likes this.
  5. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

So, if domestic japan tournament will be starting on 8 december, how can players like momota can fight world tour final on 12 december ?

6. kurako

kurako Regular Member

The S/J League isn't a tournament, it is more of a "season". NTT-East is scheduled to play Unisys on December 9, with the next match taking place on December 22 against Mitsubishi Motors. As he will be departing for China on December 10, Momota may well entrust his MS slot to another team member on December 9, but that won't be announced until the day.

The same applies to all the other Tour finalists.

7. terrynguyen121988

Do you have any information about the tournament in which the 4 best players will be chosen for team A. What's time of this tournament ?

8. kurako

kurako Regular Member

The All Japan Championship (AJC) is scheduled to take place on November 26 to December , ... unfortunately it is not streamed anywhere, but results are published on a daily basis. The National Team announcement is likely to be made a little later.

9. terrynguyen121988

^-^ We have a small group (vietnamese viewers) and I inform everything that I know to the fans. Unfortunately, I told them that this tournament will take place after world tour final. And actually, I personally think that players will have a long rest before of WTF, but I'm wrong. So, I have to adjust the information to them now ^-^. Thanks

p/s: I think that it will be better to wait for the result of this AJC, then informing to the fans.

#589 terrynguyen121988, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  10. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Yep, unfortunately there is only a one-week respite.... I hope that the players can get some quality rest.

If you need any updates vis-à-vis the AJC results, don't hesitate to ask. :)

#590 kurako, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  11. minions

minions Regular Member

Japan can take Sudirman Cup home now. :D

12. vinnino

vinnino Regular Member

I'm so mad cause Unisys pairs destroyed FukuHiro & Kamura/Sonoda's chance to WTF. The worst method ever in Japanese badminton story (go to India and retired or played with half-heart to get R1 point). Wish PJB do something.

13. minions

minions Regular Member

I don't know what to say. But, NBA is the one who permits them to compete at India. As far as I know, all Japanese players who will compete will have to go through NBA.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Why fukuhiro not allowed to India?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

15. minions

minions Regular Member

I don't know. Maybe their club didn't even plan to send them to India. The players who go to India are all from Unisys. It must be Unisys' plan. NBA just approve this.

16. vinnino

vinnino Regular Member

That's right. But NBA sent them to India for hunting the title, not to retired or playing half-hearted in the first round.

fanyy and mantoufist like this.
  17. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I don't think that the NBA is interested in this particular title. Team A members are not usually sent to World Tour 300 events and, as all of the national team will have to participate in the All Japan Championships starting next week on November 26, nobody, including the NBA, will have expected them to actually complete this tournament. They will already be fatigued after the Fuzhou and Hong Kong Open.

TakaMatsu and Endo/Watanabe entered the Syed Modi as self-financed players (probably financed by Unisys), and the NBA will not have had any rational reason to disapprove of their participation in the tournament, that is all. On the contrary, I am a little surprised that Tonami (Sonoda/Kamura) and Tricky Panders (FukuHiro) didn't see this coming. It is quite a bad miscalculation.

It is going to be interesting to see these players perform at the All Japan Championships. SonoKam and FukuHiro are going to be ready to kill.

#597 kurako, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Michael V and badminton fancier like this.
  18. badminton fancier

badminton fancier Regular Member

I agreed with Kurako, for this to happen Unisys made a cleverer decision and they did their best for their players to be qualified. You cannot blame NBA as they have no reason to prioritise any players, it's always for a common goal.
    Tonami (Sonoda/Kamura) & Tricky Panders (FukuHiro) miscalculated what may happen and probably they are too confident with their top players, which turned out to be very costly.

Michael V likes this.
  19. Master

Master Regular Member

So, with the fact they're self-financed, it makes sense that all these kind of controversies in the end of World Tour Finals are related with inter corporate team rivalry.

Is there another "money intrigue" related with these things, I mean club send their players in additional tournament as self financed to gain BIG prize money and getting back to the club after?

Michael V likes this.
  20. vinnino

vinnino Regular Member

You should understand my post, right? No body is blaming NBA in here, but Unisys did a very dirty way just to make their players qualified to Guangzhou. If the players entered the court, they should do their best to win, not just to get rank point. It's all about fair-play.