ZM62 Fire reviews and comments

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by zombie0517, Jan 31, 2015.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

This... and also GT5. Give them a try.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

dtjovan likes this.
  2. Astrox88SS

Astrox88SS Regular Member

Ashaway Zymax 62 Fire vs Aerobite

thoughts?

3. badmintonkid94

badmintonkid94 New Member

Olympic Village in Robinsons Pioneer. They always have stocks there. Just replying to this thread to other Filipinos who are not going to back read. :)

Manong likes this.
  4. badmintonkid94

Just bought my ZM62F fingers crossed as I'll be having that stringed soon.

I'll play my last game with the current string that I have which is RSL RS 66

5. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

Bro, message me, I have stocks of ashaway zm62 fire selling it for 400php,

6. Manong

Manong Regular Member

MIS Engineer

where are you located sir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. badmintonkid94

Yeah. If I can buy cheaper strings by buying from you, then I will :)

8. Manong

Manong Regular Member

MIS Engineer
    I already bought 3 strings from him hehe. I don't have the time to go to Rob Pioneer so I took the deal with him and offered grab instead of shipping as it is way cheaper. I can vouch him if you are having doubts :)

P.S. The string is alive like anybody says here. Just one smash and you can tell the strings are not in the same place as before. but I like the gripyness if that's a word hahaha

9. badmintonkid94

That's good! I hope that he is located in Manila so that I can buy from him too. Strings sold in Toby's and Olympic Village are quite expensive.

Their stringers are not so good (most of them).

Yes string is alive but my string is still in tact for 4 months. Playing once or twice a week with ZM62F

10. badmintonkid94

Haven't tried Aerobite but since ZM62F is way cheaper than Aerobite, I'll go with the Zymax.

11. Young Heinrich

Young Heinrich New Member

I measured the Zymax 62F, 66F, and 69F with a precise micrometer tool. I found out, that their specs are valid under tension. Giving 28 lbs tension to a Zymax62F, the thickness is about 0.63 mm, more or less (with a little spread of course, +/- 10 µm). Out of the box the thickness is around 0.66 mm. Thus you have to add 0.03 - 0.04 mm, if you are interested in the unstrung thickness, as well with Zymax 66F and Zymax 69F. Meanwhile the Yonex values are meant unstrung. Unfortunately a little bit confusing.
    Thus, regarding thickness: yes, you can compare an Ashaway Zymax62F with a Yonex BG66 ultimate.
    Regarding durability: It very much depends from the fast power of the player. In our club we have players, playing every week, but may be need a restringing once a year, or even more seldom. Other players need only 2-3 weeks to damage a BG66 ultimax. Not by chance, that effect is regular, more or less. And for me its does not seem to have such a big effect, how the shuttles were hit. The used string of a really strong player with remarkable impressive strike power shows regular damages at the cross points of the strings, especially in the center area (sweet spot). Just a matter of time, where else the string would have been torn apart, if not at the point, where it got broken.

Currently I am doing research, how to improve the behavior in terms of durability, without making too much compromises in terms of performance.
    Interestingly ... mostly the long strings get broken, not the cross strings (however, they have signs of defects as well).
    Is that a coincidence, or what is your statistic experience ?
    If this is true, a nice strategy could be to use for example Zymax 69 for the long strings, and Zymax 62 for the cross strings. (to be evaluated, I will post again, when I have more data).

visor likes this.
  12. Chak San

Chak San New Member

@badmintonkid94
    Where can I find better stringers in Manila?

13. what07

what07 Regular Member

I been out of the new string loop for a while and am down to my last 4 sets of ZM62 1st gen, probably would last me till the end of fall as corvid has kept me busy with work but am starting to looking for a replacement. I see MBS has some ZM62 but 2nd gen which is thicker/more durable I believe then the first gen

I do like aerosonic but broke 3 sets within 2 months so looking for a cheaper alternative / reliable alternative, should I go with ZM62 fire or 2nd gen ZM62. ZM65 is also available to me through a friend but for me to get the same feeling I would string it around 26lbs+ but prefer to keep my 23lbs/24lbs.

Any suggestions welcome for other brands.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Gosen G-Tone 5

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

what07 likes this.