Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. HLu24

HLu24 New Member

Absolutely. when making adjustments with new rackets in turn we might improve our techniques as well. That's how I improved my defence with my previous voltrics.

2. kenank

kenank New Member

Electrical engineer
    Have two sessions (total 4 games) with this racket, several switches to zf2 4u and ax77 blue 3u during the game to compare it head to head.
    Unfortunately I have to say I can not adapt to swing type of N9 II and I do not want to sacrifice my ability with yonex racket since it completely different. Very difficult to get good smash, I only enjoy n9 in drives. In defence, zf2 4u is the best, perhaps since it has lightest weight. I think it because my power is not good enough to handle such over all heavy racket, though the balance is even. I more suit to light racket with high balance point.

3. Polo

Polo New Member

Hello guys I want to buy a Li-Ning racket and I wanted the N9ii (pink blue), but the racket they showed was the same but it didn’t had the N in the name. Is the a difference between both

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

If the one that they have showed you was called "Turbo Charging 75", then be assured that it is the same racket as the previous N9II. Li-Ning changed their naming structure while ago and even re-named their existing bestsellers.

5. Babar

Babar Regular Member

It could also be the 9II TD or TF which are different...

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's why I wrote "...was called Turbo Charging 75...". Cause then it's safe to say that it's the real N9II.

Turbo Charging 75 = N9II
    Turbo Charging 50 = 9II TD (I think...)

7. Babar

Babar Regular Member

Yeah yeah, what I meant is : the question asked is not precise enough to understand if he got in the hand a TC 75 or a 9II TD/TF.
    Some sellers still have the N9II, 9II TD and 9II TF and some others only have the "new" series (TC 75...)

So to answer precisely I would say to @Polo :
    If you had in the hand a Turbo Charging 75, then no worries it is the same racket (as @s_mair said)
    If it was a 9II TD or 9II TF, not the same racket (more flexible and less head heavy)

namcho and s_mair like this.
  8. Haters_Gonna_H8

Haters_Gonna_H8 Regular Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

new toy arrived...

Saru, Chikubang and s_mair like this.
  9. vincedba

vincedba Regular Member

dba
    I pulled the trigger to join this side of dark. My first LN racket ever.

My TC75 has just arrived today. 2 complaints that the genuine sticker was on the grip itself hence it left the stickiness paper on the grip. second complaint is since the sticker on the grip I found it difficult to scratch off the number as a result the coin I used ripped off the sticker itself so I can't check its authenticity :( . I hope this is genuine one.

Now the good side I got dry weight 89g and after put string it is now 92g.

Tried few overhead swings and it felt OK. I would say the stiffness is medium (my JS12 is stiffer for comparison).

Tried few underhead swings I can feel it might be a little slower than my JSs.

Onto the game tomorrow night so I hope it is good.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  10. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Could you please compare the three of them, n7ii, n9ii, ax88s4u. I own a 4uAX88D and yeah I am pretty much happy with it, really a great racquet, i just want something for speedplay also because I want to try the Li Ning but confused between the n9ii and the n7ii or the solid feel of the AX88S. Yeah and also because at this point I can't have all four of them.
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

11. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

The ax88d is indeed an excellent racquet. But if you're looking for something speedier, the n7ii and ax88s are good picks. If you want to try a li ning racquet, n9ii and n7ii are definitely good picks to start, IMO.

N7ii is speedier than n9ii, and has a stiffer shaft, but less head heavy by a little bit. N9ii has better power output of the two, and has a slightly less stiff shaft. Both are good choices, so it does come down to your playstyle and preference.

Ax88s is also a good choice if you want something speedier than the 88d. Drives are amazing with the 88s. And if you're a front court player, sealing the front is definitely a walk in the park (assuming one has the skills already to execute what the racquet is capable of unleashing, of course ).

Decisions, decisions, decisions .

Saru, Vivek Bagadhi and Leo tan like this.
  12. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Thank you very much for the review but now I am leaning more towards the AX88S by your info, than the n7ii. Could you please do me a favour one more time and give a comparison between the AX88S & n7ii in terms power, speed, stiffnes of shaft. Just these three

13. Konquerian

Based on MY personal experience with the 88s and n7ii, the 88s is slightly faster, but the n7ii is not far behind. I find the n7ii to be a bit stiffer, but others might feel differently. In terms of power, especially in the back court area, it's hands down for the n7ii. For front court players, the 88s can really help you seal the front. The n7ii is also no slouch at the front, but I do find the 88s to be a better weapon for the front. The 88s does fine at the mid-court area as well, but I feel the n7ii to be a better all-rounder, especially when covering the back-court. 88s does feel a bit lacking in power once leaving the comfort zone of the front and mid court area.

Either one will be a good choice, since they are both excellent racquet. It all comes down to personal preference and playstyle. I am lucky to be able to own them all . However, if you have to pick one and can't test them out first, you should pick the one that best fit your style .

14. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Are you comparing 3U or a 4U 88S?
    If it's 3U, I'm surprised you consider it faster, unless the shorter racket is having a bigger effect than I expected.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

15. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    N7ii it is then.

16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You won't regret it. It's an awesome racket that performs well in every situation on court.

17. Konquerian

I was definitely comparing with the 3u 88s. I spent a couple of sessions alternating between my n7ii and 88s, and I did find the 88s to be a bit faster. I don't know if it is the 5mm difference that is making the difference , but it's definitely just my personal experience and opinion, so I'm sure there are players who will feel differently.

18. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

No worries, was just checking. You're perfectly entitled to your opinions.
    And I think it probably more than 5mm, because my n9ii and n7ii were longer than my other rackets.

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Then tell your stringer to reduce the tension on the cross strings. Both are at a prefect 675 mm unstrung - and so they should be too with strings.

20. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Thanks, I've just stood in the mirror and said that to myself.
    Now here is the evidence/facts.
    Both my black and pink, brought from racquetforce n9ii are the same shape. One of them has been strung at least 3 more times than the other one.
    The 3 other rackets in my possession (sold on the N7ii, so cannot use those to compare) are consistently shorter. They're Yonex 8XP, Li-ning windstorm 700 and 90iv TD.
    I also got a tape measurer out this morning before work. The last two mentioned Li-ning were a pretty consistent 675, whilst the N9ii were close to 680.
    My tensions are square.

Next time the strings go in my n9ii, I'll try and compare the unstrung and strung.

So in conclusion, unless I got two duds, they're fake (hmm unlikely since they're from RQ) or actually it's a colour variation, I would think anyone would draw the conclusion their n9ii rackets are indeed 680mm in length.

Happy for people to whip out their tape measurers and state what colour model, source and length their n9ii and n7ii.

Saru likes this.