the new lightest racket from li-ning - windstorm 72

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by surya10799, Jul 16, 2017.

1. surya10799

surya10799 New Member

this racket is the lightest li ning racket and can be stung to 30 lbs tension

upload_2017-7-16_13-18-26.jpeg

do you think it is worth it as it is light , so power generation would be very less.

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Probably similar to the yonex flashboost. I actually just got a windstorm 72 to string so I can post here and let you know after I get it strung and try it out. I've never been a fan of superlight racquets though, so I'm hoping this time is different

I will say from just singing it around. I know it doesn't have strings on it, but it swings very fast

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. asadafgs

asadafgs Regular Member

I just recently got it and it is pretty good. Very easy to swing, so good for drives, defense, etc. There is also no real loss of power due to the lightness, and it almost even feels a little head heavy. The only complaint is that the frame is small so I mishit a lot. After snapping the strings, however, I realized the racket was actually warped and went back to it's original shape (factory strung :( ). I have yet to play with it restrung, so do keep in mind that my first impression is off due to the fact that it was misshaped.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

4. MingDao

MingDao New Member

Anyone has any followup on this racket?

5. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Stumbled upon the windstorm 72 while looking at LN racquets and was really surprised to see it had a bp of 315mm.
    I would think that the combo of very light weight + hh would make the racquet feel even heavier?
    Also sounds like it'll snap easily, hope it's more rigid than the arc-fb

6. decoy

decoy Regular Member

It actually surprised me how stiff it was. It's not super stiff by any means, but it surprised me for such a light racquet. Played similar to an arc FB from the limited times I played with these two racquets.

7. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

If you don't mind, would it be possible for you to give us a simple review? or compare it to another racquet you play with? for example is it more stiff than an arc 11? how does the bp come into play with quick manoeuvres?

there is significant lack of info on this racquet and its specs are truly captivating!

8. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I carry it as a demo racquet, so I have it strung a bit looser than what I'm used to. But I'll take it out of the bag for a game tonight and see. Hopefully I remember. Haha

9. decoy

decoy Regular Member

So I did remember to have a game with it! Just played doubles, since I think singles would've been not amazing. Keep in mind that I didn't have it strung to my preferences, so that probably played a pretty big role in the background as well.

I'll just do a quick pros and cons since it was really only one game that I played.

Pros: Defence. Seriously, it was a breeze. I could casually return smashes without thinking and I could return them with good height. I was lifting way higher than I normally do and that was probably my favourite thing about this. Aside from that, it was nice to have something easier on the arm. It was a pretty casual night, so it's nice to have a racquet like that sometimes. Also, angles on smashes and drops were better than expected. This is something that I usually struggle with with headlight racquets, so was probably the benefit of the racquet being "head heavy".

Cons: Not enough head weight for me. Even though it's "head heavy" I didn't feel it anywhere near the same way as a head heavy 3u. Smashes were pretty slow for what I'm used to. This is probably partially based on the strings, but they definitely weren't on par with my regular racquet. The angles were good though. Probably because of the stiff shaft.

In summary, I think it's good if you play doubles and don't want to use a demanding racquet. To be completely honest, I'd actually prefer this racquet over a headlight 3u racquet like a nanospeed, or something similar. It was enjoyable to use, but not my preference (I use N80ii's for reference.)

Okaharu likes this.
  10. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

That's an awesome review thanks decoy! The pros you have stated seems perfect for the exact issues I'm experiencing with doubles (defensive lifts not high enough). I can usually defend attacks, however, the issue was that my return shots were weak and the opponent simply goes for a kill.

I primarily use the n9ii and a club mate (who's a LN fanatic) suggested that it might be to heavy for me. He experienced similar issues and problems were fixed once he switched over to N80ii. He recently got a n7ii light (5u, the pink one) and instantly fell in love with it. Surprisingly, he smashes harder with the n7ii light than when he uses any other racquet. Club mates all get intimated when he wields it to battle :p

Ngcantrong likes this.
  11. decoy

decoy Regular Member

If the n9ii is too heavy for you then this seems like a good alternative for you

12. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Thought I gave a mini review of this racket because these mid range rackets don't receive as much attention.

It's probably obvious what you gain from this racket is speed. But how much have I lost in power? Surprisingly very little.

There's obviously some shots that it will never compete with if you got time to prepare, but recently my main N7ii seemed pretty slow on bad days.

The new found speed has actually made front and mid court shots more powerful during quick exchanges, because instead of only doing a wrist flick with a slower racket, the W72 almost gives me enough speed to do a full swing.

Same goes for defence where this racket enables a faster defensive swing than normal.

However there's the obvious power ceiling, due to the low weight, but I'm probably nowhere near it.

I'm an intermediate player, so more advance players won't have the same issues as me and their mileage will vary.

So to conclude how much do I like it? I tried playing a couple of matches with the N7ii again and it felt so strange. I quickly went back to the W72 and everything felt right again. I've tested and ditched a lot of different 4Us and was convinced that 3Us was the only way. Thanks to this racket, I've now changed my mind.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

blindfury and Okaharu like this.
  13. YosephPrayitno

YosephPrayitno New Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Anyone already have lining windstrom 75 yet?
    Please please review it, thx:):):)

14. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I can't seem to find this windstorm 75:confused:

15. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Due to my injuries, I was looking for a racket that is lighter but still pack some punch. After much searching, I manage to find one with the colour that I like (there is a lot to choose from). I have yet to give this racket a swing in the courts. Initial impressions are good, easy to swing, decent power generation due to heavier head and softer shaft.

Will write my full reviews here, this coming weekend.

blindfury likes this.
  16. Opa Gangsta

Opa Gangsta New Member

Self Employed
    Honestly it's my first ever Li-Ning racket in my life and my first trying light racket. I played first time with Yonex Armortec 700. It was not a great idea to have as this racket didn't match my power and style. I have bad injury on arm and shoulder. Really bad. My doctor advised me to stop playing Badminton, of course I will never listen to his advise.

Then I changed to El-Nino 07 of Flypower. Believe me or not, my problem disappeared. Since then I played with El-Nino 07 (Flypower). Then I tried Aerohurricane of astec and no problem with arm and shoulder. The last racket I play is Thunderbolt of Flypower. Excellent.

As i wanted to try new racketm then I picked Li-Ning. Searchng info and found Windstorm 72, I strung it with BG 66 Ultimax, 12 kg. Amazingly great. Very handy and fast move and reaction. Even using the original grip. So comfortable.

I am now looking for another Li-Ning racket with a bit heavier then Windstorm 72. I am interested in trying around 82 gr of weight.
    Any suggestion?

Thanks and regards
    Opa Gangsta

17. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Anyone has tried w78? Currently owns Windstorm 700 gen1, a bit too flexy but still usable when i'm too tired and the shuttlecock not too slow.

18. coolguy82

coolguy82 Regular Member

What about turbo charing 75i ? It's light weight too.

19. regularAl

regularAl New Member

Has anyone compared Windstorm 72 to N7II Light? Which of these would be better for a lady in (mixed) doubles?

20. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    It cannot be compared as one is superlight and the other is moderate light racket