Astrox 7?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by emilsmazais, Nov 6, 2017.

1. phantan123

phantan123 Regular Member

i have the 4u astrox 7 and i have been using for 2-3 months and i thoroughly enjoyed it. i am an aggressive player and it suits my needs well. i play both singles and doubles in my club and i dont find a problem with it at all in either disciplines. overall i find the racket to be a good jack of all trades like most astrox rackets and would recommend you to buy it. if you have any other questions i would be happy to answer them

2. Jon4856

Jon4856 New Member

I find the astrox 7 a bit of a dragging feel. Does it means that the racket doesn’t suits me?

3. phantan123

Thats probably because its head heavy and if your arm isnt on par it will put strain hence the dragging feel.If you want to get used to the racket i suggest practicing reflex shots with it more often but if you can handle it at the moment then it doesnt mean the racket doesnt suit you.Rackets with different characteristics will always take time to get a feel for.

4. Jon4856

Jon4856 New Member

Thank you for your reply. Btw what do you mean by on par?

5. phantan123

Thats when you get to a point where the racket doesnt give you any difficulties anymore

Jon4856 likes this.
  6. neesatrana

neesatrana Regular Member

Service
    I have the Astrox 77 as well as the Astrox 7.. Here is my opinion.

Astrox 7 is more playable than the 77 if one is intermediate. Though the flex is same in both the rackets, the AX7 feels more comfortable in the hands and easier to whip. Control wise don't expect it to be AX77 because the material and hitting feel of AX77 is far more superior. Both are excellent doubles racket. Feel free to string it at 26-27 lbs and feel the real core of the rackets.

Power - AX77 = AX7
    Control - AX77 > AX7
    Speed - AX77 > AX7
    Drops - AX77 > AX7
    Feeling - AX7 > AX77

nltung likes this.
  7. phantan123

ax7 at 26-27 is a bit on the danger side since it can only hold to 27 lbs max ://