Strain my ankle when starting to move

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Cloudx, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Ok, i had strained my ankle during a game a couple of weeks back. i did not strained it when running to chase the shuttle or even landing after smashing. It happen when i was trying to retrive a drop shot, I was just a bout to push myself forward then suddenly my ankle gave way. Anyone face this before? i strained my ankle b4 from bad landing and while running to retrive a shot but not when I'm just stationary.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

2. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Are you sure it's the ankle? Not the achilles tendon? From what you mentioned, it's most probably the latter that's hit.

3. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I'm not really sure, I just feel like my ankle is sort of twisted from the inside then a sharp pain follows when I started to lunge forward.
    However the pain doesn't persist and significantly reduce, so I continue on with my game after a few minutes of rest. It's been more than a month now and occasionally I felt some soreness when i walk / run.

4. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Just to add, achilles tendon is at the back of the ankle right? I don't really feel any pain if I stretch that area.