Tension loss in different rackets?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by jeremy leung, Feb 1, 2019.

1. jeremy leung

jeremy leung Regular Member

So I use a pros pro comet with the original crank, and it's well calibrated to my knowledge. But I strung my 4 rackets(2xapacs nano 900 power, jetspeed s10 3ug5 and Vtzf2 3ug5) i was going by the normal adjusted tension from cp to lockout at 29x31.5 hoping it would feel equal to about 28 lbs from a constant pull. My 2 apacs came out exactly the same feeling about 28 lbs with aerobite, but my Z Force 2 and jetspeed were done at the same with bg80 and it felt like 24 lbs. Is there reason for this? Is it the rackets or possibly string? I don't understand why this would occur

2. Kaelhdris

Kaelhdris Regular Member

BG80 is a stiff string, it probably loses a great deal of tension after lockout. Maybe try to pull it twice to take out some of that pesky tension loss.

3. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

BG80 should feel harder than Aerobite! That's why it's very weird. Did you measure with the app "Stringster"?

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Doesn't make sense to me at all. Did you actually measure the tension (ping frequency) or did you just "feel" your result?

BG80 should feel harder and on top of that, both JS10 and ZF2 should make it ping higher due to their compact heads. I don't have any data how AB behaves ping wise in relation to BG80 though.

Long story short - I don't see any reason why there should be the difference in tension between the rackets/strings you've described. Given that you haven't changed anything about the machine setup or stringing process.

5. jeremy leung

jeremy leung Regular Member

Yeah I measured with strings term and it gave me those results. Regardless I think it was the clamps not being adjusted right because I don't have the problemanymore