"Breathable" shirts feel hotter?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by RichF, Feb 3, 2019.

1. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Thought I'd join the 21st century and get some modern shirts but although they undoubtedly dry faster, I am definitely not cooler! It's like the shirt equivalent of the greenhouse effect!

Ok, so the first one I tried was the entry-level YT1000 but I've now tried the YT16347 with Xylitol/VeryCool etc. etc. and it felt just as bad.

Sure cotton doesn't dry and sticks to you but at least it doesn't feel like I'm getting heatstroke!

Anyone else experience this?

Are there any shirts that actually keep you cool?

#1 RichF, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    I've had good luck with Adidas climalite and climacool, and Nike drifit. Underarmour also has offerings.

RichF likes this.
  3. freeter

freeter Regular Member

Hi. Are you sure that YT16347 does have xylitol and very cool dry? Does it come with the tag too?
    I don't think it has the feature http://www.twsport.com.tw/upload/files/page(1).jpg
    Where did you get it.

I live at tropical country. Usually play badminton in 26c°-28c°
    I wear 16201. I felt a better cooling than regular polyster shirt. And this shirt is really quick to dry. I wear it on the first game(30points). hang it on the 2nd game(30points). Ready to wear again for thr 3rd game
    http://shuttle-house.com/PAGE_top_JAPANESE/MAIL_ORDER/category/YONEX/GAMESY/16201_b.jpg

Before using very cool tech I usually wear 4-5 shirts. But now I only bring 3 shirt.

I also have original fan replica of yonex. With no technologies and it feels hot and a bit heavy.

4. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Thanks for your reply :)

According to:

https://www.centralsports.co.uk/products/yonex-16347-replica-mens-t-shirt-(black)-2018-clothing

(actually ordered from tennisnuts)

It has those features, but I suspect it's a mistake in the listing e.g. there's no mesh at the back of the neck. They probably just copy/paste the description from another shirt.

#4 RichF, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  5. Backhand_Dave

Backhand_Dave Regular Member

the clue is in the "replica" description, same colour and design but worse material, FZ Forza clothing I have found is the best

6. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I never had a problem with genuine Yonex or Li Ning shirts.

7. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Shirts are genuine but are, as pointed out above, a basic version without the cooling tech.

Although I didn't buy from CS, it was their page that led me to think they had the 'very cool' tech.

Ah well....anyone want to buy some shirts?! ;-)

8. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

I always test polyester t-shirts by blowing on them n feel if it is breathable or not.

9. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    I have a collection of Adidas stuff that works well, especially the Climachill shirts. These have metal dots on the back that really do help to keep you cool. They are quite close-fit though, so if you are used to more baggy tops you'll need to size up.