Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Really interesting. Funny thing is that I was talking to a client a couple of weeks ago regarding the exact same matter. He already had two white N7IIs and treated himself with another black/green Setiawan version that he got strung from e78. And he noticed that the new one also was about 5 mm longer than his other two which were strung by me. All three have snapped in the meantime and due to the previous discussion, I did measure them unstrung right before they went on the machine - again a prefect 675 mm for all three. Add another two of my own N9IIs (one black, one green) and a N7II Setiawan, all 675 mm.

Since the racket length is defined by the mold it's pretty much impossible that the different colorings are to blame (they are applied far later in the process). So I'm really curious to see your measuring results of the unstrung frames. And yeah, no way that you got fakes from that source mate.

#1241 s_mair, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  2. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Yeah, I guess comparing the unstrung frame will be conclusive. I might cut the strings out of one of them and put in some aerosonics, for the sake of science and all that.

I stopped comparing unstrung and strung frames, since my JS12s were coming out fine, but it doesn't hurt to recheck my stringing processes every now and then.

3. Spawny

Spawny Regular Member

I have both N7ii & N9ii so I can share my thoughts on it, N9ii is more flexible than the N7ii but its more HH than N7ii.
    If you're a power player I would suggest the N9ii because of the whipping feel when you smash, if you're a control player than i would suggest the N7ii because of the stiffer shaft, not that the N9ii is not good at control but from my usage its not as accurate as the N7ii.

My opinion is that it feels like N9ii is designed for back court players and N7ii is for front players, this is just my observation but this is how i feel about both the rackets.

dtjovan and Vivek Bagadhi like this.
  4. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I have read almost 1200s of comments on the first after I ordered my li ning n7ii setiawan on flipkart while on offer it has been shipped too. And after reading the comments I am still teared apart in between the n7ii and the n9ii. Decisions @Konquerian Screenshot_20181221-184309__01.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It's not that complicated actually. Just do it as many others have done before you (me included): Buy both!

Excellent choice by the way to go with the Setiawan version. Clearly the best looking colorway of the N7II.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  6. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    My wallet cannot sustain another racquet this month. First the AX88D now the N7ii. I am loving the smashes from my AX88D by the way(that feel is addictive). And then may be n9ii next month if I cannot control my urge.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

7. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

So in a bit of a light bulb moment or "why didn't i think of that in the first place"...
    I should just be comparing the frame shapes and shafts of all my rackets.
    So directly compare to my 90iv td, it looks like the extra mm are coming from the handle. Which makes sense since the frame moulds should be fixed... I guess handle QC was having an off day for my two rackets.

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Huh? You mean that the grips are glued on the shaft lower or that the grip itself is longer? Either way, can you measure the length from buttcap up till the top of the cone and to where the head exits the T-joint?

9. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Everything else looks roughly equal if I line up from the frame. T joint, start of cone line up. So only the grip/handle length looks a few mm longer.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

10. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Will give this racquet another try! Used it for some time last year before I settled with bravesword 12 as I needed more maneuvrability.

Currently I’m using jetspeed 12M 4U. I really like it but I need juste a little more give from the racquet, especially when I’m tired. First try tonight!

11. Joannes

Joannes Regular Member

I just receive lining n9ii black orange tontowi ahmad edition a few days ago, i try it 2 session 3 hours, right after my duora 8xp broken after clash.
    Rip my duo8xp lol

In the first session i need to adjust grip, swing speed and the stiffness.
    I find that this racket is have a bigger sweet spot and frame
    But the aerobeam tech is a little bit faster than duo8xp aero frame so i just need to slow my swing speed.
    I love this racket after 2 session, my smashes are steep in n9ii than duo8xp, yet easy to unleash the power after adjust swing speed, no more dropshot, just smash using this racket. But sometimes i do dropshot that very close to the net so my opponent having a hard time at the net, this means that n9ii is good enough at the net, and yes i do deception.
    This racket is forgiving for me, effortless, but i having a hard time to control the power, when i cross-lift at the net sometimes it goes far away ti the back, same with the lob base to base so i must adjust my swing speed, power.
    For full swing smash, i just love it.
    Very powerful and fast, i mainly play doubles.
    Using bg 80 24-26 lbs.
    In the end after my lovely duo8xp broken, i join the dark side
    Btw sorry for my bad english.
    This review is very personal.

Konquerian and Deepclean1122 like this.
  12. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Welcome to the Dark Side !!!

13. mallulover

mallulover Regular Member

I am interested in buying N9II but I am also considering buying N99 from Li-Ning sponsored local player. I can get it for around $115 from him. The spec on N9II and N99 looks about same on shopbadmintononline.com.. Does anyone know the difference? If there are no differences, I might as well buy from my local player.

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

N99 is stiffer and more head heavy. Also, it has a different feel due to its boxy frame compared to the aero frame of the N9II. So even if they are similar in paper, they feel significantly different on court. If you have the chance to try the N99 then do it. It's a great racket as well if it suits you.

15. mallulover

One of the guys at the club had N9II so tried it out. It felt very HH compared to my Victor BS 12 and Voltric 70 etune. It just seems like a singles racket. Did any doubles professionals use N9II?

16. Joannes

Joannes Regular Member

I'm using n9ii for 20hours, and yes i love it for smashing and some deception
    But comparing with my duo 8xp, duo 8xp has a lively feel than n9ii
    Maybe the string or just myself lol

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Not that this matters at all, but FHF only won an Olympic gold medal with it (..."no way he was using the commercial version!"-reply incoming in 3... 2... 1...).

Compared to a BS12 yes it's heavier. But a VT70ETN? Are you sure? All measured numbers put the N9II in the more even or slightly head heavy balanced territory, and hands down, it is not a head heavy racket. In case you want it a bit lighter, then check out the N7II/TC70.

robfitsy and Vivek Bagadhi like this.
  18. mallulover

I just checked my VT70etune. It's 4U. Maybe that's why it felt way lighter than N9II. I am little hesitant about N7II because I am hearing that it's little stiff. Light and stiff is not a good combination.

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

If the VT70ETN is a 4U then your impression could be correct, I haven't touched a VT70ETN in 4U myself.

Regarding N9II vs. N7II, let's talk numbers. The N7II has about 0.5 g less head weight than N9II which is a really small difference. Also, it's just a tad stiffer so it's still far from being a really stiff beast like Z-Strike or JS10. All I'm saying is that if you found the N9II too head heavy, then there is the N7II that shares the overall feel with only slightly less weight in the head.

20. Swat

Swat Regular Member

The new 70 should be exactly the same racket as the N7ii right? I really want to try it soon.
    I imagine the Auraspeed 80x (which I also want to try out) to be similar to N7ii, but I have really no idea