Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Interesting. Since they didnt play in IndiaOpen, i wouldnt say the quadratrick cant be completed, we just have to wait for another year. Still so many tournaments, my guess is they will also skip KoreaOpen.

If they can win AE, they can skip any tournament ^_*

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's averagely less than 2 tournaments a month. Barred any injuries, I don't think they will skip any tournament if they can afford it.

You wanted them to play as many tournaments even though Marcus wasn't even fit yet. And now you say it's too many tournaments when it will be Olympics qualification soon and they can skip tournaments just if they win AE? o_O How I am grateful you are not their manager..

j4ckie likes this.
  3. minions

minions Regular Member

Obviously, they won't skip the WT750+ tournaments.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Why do you not count certain tournaments? Are you counting only those that factor into the WTF qualification?

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

You mean BAC, SC and WC?
    I don't count them because they are not part of HSBC World Tour.

I only counted the World Tour tournaments which will make up their mandatory number of participation in at least 12 HSBC World Tour tournaments a year as top 10 committed pairs : 3 Super 1000, 5 Super 750 and 4 Super 500.

j4ckie likes this.
  6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Thanks for clarifying! Seems like a pretty grueling schedule is necessary these days....Id rather they scheduled actual breaks of 3 weeks or so periodically throughout the year, and reduced the number of mandatory tournaments to like 10...

7. minions

minions Regular Member

Don't forget that minions have to pay some fines for not fulfilling the 12 mandatory tournaments. Not that it matters for them anyway.

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah, and this year isn't as bad as last year.

It's a part of BWF promotional campaign, I suppose. To make sure the top players to be present in most high tier tournaments, not only in Major or team world events. Or maybe so there will be more upsets as in different players to win different tournaments. Ironically, their busy schedule and new mandatory tournaments regulation emphasized the domination in most categories, clearly shown in MD, XD, MS and WS to some extent.

9. minions

minions Regular Member

I don't know if BWF tournament structure contributes to the domination of the categories. Even in SS era, China had dominated in most categories, the most glaring ones were WS and WD.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

China is a country. I meant at the moment one player/pair dominating one category. Minions in MD, Zheng/Huang in XD, Momota in MS and TTY in WS. The only country dominating one category is Japan in WD.

I just feel that with the busy schedule, there aren't enough time for the other players/pairs to regroup enough to practice or to review anything useful during the short break before they go on to the next tournament. So the winner kept winning, just the matter of consistency. Later half of last year, top MD pairs couldn't do much after Asian Games concluded. That was why the average but consistent pairs like TPEs and JPNs were climbing up really fast in the ranking. But minions still managed to be at the top somehow.

Though in XD, being in the same team and no guidance might be a factor for Wang/Huang to always lose to Zheng/Huang.

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think the Chinese XD one sidedness is more of a stylistic mismatch. Zheng/Huang are better at flat play and lateral movement, allowing them to avoid high lifts better. Haven't looked at a lot of their matches though, so this is mostly guesswork based on what I remember of them :D
    Also, Zheng has the better Huang on his side :D

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think it matters. May not be threatening their life style, let alone survival, but I'd be pissed about a 5k$ fine even with a high income. It's not that long ago that that used to be a LOT of money for them.
    Don't know if they even have to pay it themselves, maybe PBSI just detracts it from their winnings and they don't notice it directly....

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

This, I believe.
    Tough HDP can be brilliant at the net sometimes like in WTF final, but unfortunately she isn't as consistently as good as HYQ most of the time.

I thought I read somewhere that the association pays for the fine, not the players. But I'm not sure if it's the same for every association.

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Saw this in another thread. Her jersey caught my attention. Haven't I seen that before..??

15. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I too wondered when I was watching this match today.

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Went to watch movie in cinema CGV and saw Minions Mandiri advertisement before the show starts lol.
    Unusual, usually its just on TV.

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What movie did you watch

18. minions

minions Regular Member

Now you said that, I did watch their Mandiri ads when I was waiting for my medical checkup.

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Oh was it the one in Kevin's Instagram? The one with Kevin as a cashier and Marcus as a chef in a restaurant?

20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah thats the one.

Watched HappyDeathDay2U.