Astrox 88D 4U vs ZF2 4U vs 88S 3U

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by smashinator99, Feb 28, 2019.

?

Which racket?

1. Astrox 88D 4U

25.0%
  2. Astrox 88S 3U

29.2%
  3. Voltric Z-Force II

45.8%
  1. smashinator99

smashinator99 New Member

Hi, I'm getting a new racket but I'm not very sure which one to get. I'm considering the ones above. I used to own a few arcsaber 11 3U before they broke, that was great, then switching to AX77 which was fairly decent but abit flexible for my liking. Tried the duora z strike but it was too stiff and lacked power. Currently I'm using a few second hand orange nanoray z speeds 3U (old colour), I find them great but just that the compact frame makes some shot timings hard to get. Any recommendations for the above 3 rackets mentioned? Looking for something that can be versatile in both singles and doubles because i play both at a fairly advanced level.

2. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

In terms of versatility I think most would agree that the 3U 88S and 4U 88D are the better choices. Have you tried any of the rackets mentioned above?

I used to use a 3U AX77 and also felt it was too flexible, but now I've switched to a 3U 88D and think it's just the right balance. I also use it in every event.

3. smashinator99

smashinator99 New Member

I have tried 88S 3U, it felt ok and I think it'll suit me, but just curious about the other two... hahaha

4. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

It's probably the most similar to your Arc 11 and Z-Speed. So the 88S is the safest bet.

I found the 4U ZF2 unwieldy in doubles, but great in singles. It's best feature IMO is it's great feel when you connect properly. I also tried the 4U 88D and just found it too light. Honestly, I find the 4U ZF2 more HH than the 3U 88D.

boby likes this.
  5. throttlementok

throttlementok Regular Member

I agree with @Kokai in terms of versatility 88S and 88D are the better options. I owned both of them and in my opinion 88D is better for singles and doubles.

6. smashinator99

smashinator99 New Member

Wow, even 4U ZF2 is that head heavy?

7. Sudhan

Sudhan Regular Member

IMO No racket can replace Z force 2.I have tried all astrox series in 4 u weight.But the solid feel in z force 2 is not available in any other rackets.