Anthony Sinisuka Ginting

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Sundis, Aug 9, 2015.

1. mantoufist

mantoufist Regular Member

You know... "party":rolleyes:
    Slightly worried about the next Indonesian Masters as he'll be facing Tommy in R1 but surely he wants to defend the title, no? Hoping for the best!

2. minions

minions Regular Member

With Ginting's current level, he should be able to beat Tommy. I just hope that whoever lose the match between the two doesn't get bullied by their own peoples.

mantoufist likes this.
  3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's not his level that we are worried about, it never was.
    Ah.. screw the people. :cool:

mantoufist likes this.
  4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The hardest part to do, consistency and how to adapt hall condition whether slow or fast with appropriate tactic.

5. lurker

lurker Regular Member

6. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Haven't actually seen this before, but who exactly are you talking about? Don't think I've seen anyone "hate" (already a strong word) on ASG, let alone much.

7. mantoufist

mantoufist Regular Member

Yeah, I was pretty much being hyperbolic here, but the way some other people (not you, I assure) talk about him in the KM thread is what I found kind of unpleasant:confused:

8. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

In the past, football was the sport of connection, but now it seems to me that fooball turned to a hate sport. That is because the media and crazy home fan.

In my country, it made people become crazy men and women whenever our team win (sometimes our team meet a very strong team and just lose 1-0, then people still rush out, shout and blow vuvuzela almost all night).

Fortunately, it hasn't appeared in badminton. So I think we should keep badminton as a connection sport. We can like someone more than others but shouldn't hate ^-^

p/s: When our team win, my think is "someone will die tonight", then morning tomorrow, on the news, on average about 2 people die because of car accident

#108 terrynguyen121988, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Poor Ginting lost to Momota in his home ground. Momota had to choose to transform to some beast right here in Istora and against him ONLY. He wasn't prepared for what would come to his way. Momota was just simply too good.

Watching Momota vs Axelsen match today, I must say Ginting did considerably well to hold himself up throughout the whole match.

Well, now that he had seen what Momota could really be, I hope he could do the same too and improve his consistency (for god's sake just be more consistent already!!). What he needs is not self-confidence, he needs to be more arrogant and thinks that he actually better than everyone else in the world and able to beat them to pulp.

Even Christie was chosen to be some most beautiful people in the world, why can't Ginting achieve something better?

10. minions

minions Regular Member

Did you mean handsome?

I don't know if Ginting needs to be arrogant or not. Typically, INA peoples don't have arrogant look or attitude. Maybe Kevin can teach him how to be arrogant. :D

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Oh handsome was it? haha

I don't mean arrogant look or attitude, that's just stupid haha. I was talking about his state of mind haha. Being humiliated like that in front of his home crowds whilst being the defending champion, I wouldn't take it lightly if it were me.. :D

12. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Just enjoyed warm up knock about at All England between Ginting v Fitriani + Mariska,
    didn't realise the gulf between the mens and ladies was as big as this,
    fun to see Fitriani had some much trouble returning Ginting's smashes. :D

ebcd likes this.
  13. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

One more interesting point to add is that I noticed that his racket is a 4U. I saw it at the stringers at AE.

visor likes this.
  14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

4U but with 30/32 tension?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

16. terrynguyen121988

Someone please translates it to English. Mr. Google doesn't understand it ^-^

"Ginting menganalisis pertandingan hari ini. (Komentar pertandingan)
    Puji Tuhan, hari ini dapat hasil yang diharapkan dapat melaju ke babak selanjutnya kalau tadi sih ya belajar dari yang kemarin (di Malaysia Open). Tipenya hampir sama maksudnya dari kondisi lapangan juga. Mungkin waktu di Malaysia dia dapat melakukan strategi yang tepat dibandingkan saya, kalau hari ini kebalikannya saja.
    Belajar juga kayak waktu di Malaysia inisiatif menyerang juga mainnya cuma masih ada rasa tidak sabarnya kayak waktu giliran sudah menyerang bagaimana mau tanggung gimana tetep malah jadi seperti buru-buru malah jadi mati sendiri atau gimana.
    Sedangkan tadi lebih bisa mengontrol saja, kayak waktu bola enak sekalipun walaupun dalam feelingnya seperti tidak dapat poin lebih dikontrol dan tidak menggebu-gebu ingin menyerang kalau tadi. Di set pertama kondisinya menang angin ya jadi lebih menggukan strategi yang menyerang lebih banyak. Di set kedua kalah angin jadi lebih bebas aja mainnya.
    Di set pertama dia kalah angin namun bolanya banyak tanggung jadi buat posisi saya untuk menyerang lebih enak lebih dapet gitu kalau di set kedua saya kalah angin dia mau main kayak saya juga lebih menyerang namun saya coba buat dia push terus mengangkat, mengangkat lebih dalam kan dia kan agak tanggung-tanggung kayak di set pertama.
    Kalau set kedua tadi dicoba juga pertama-tama agak dikencengin sedikit, kalau out agak berarti agak dikurangin sedikit kalau tadi tidak ada out sama sekali ya jadi ya bebas saja.
    (Perbedaan Chen Long dengan pemain tunggal China yang lain?)
    Chen Long tipe mainnya kayak mengikuti lawan dulu terus tunggu kesalahan lawan antara out, atau mati sendiri, tanggung, baru gunakan itu untuk menyerang. jadi ya mungkin tipe permainan saya yang menyerang bisa masuk langsung di Chen Long, tapi ya tidak pasti juga."

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

This might not be 100% accurate, but it should do.

Ginting analysing today's match

Thank God, I could get through to the next round as I hoped. I learned how to play here from the last time as the playing condition and all were quite similar. Maybe in Malaysia he could employ the right strategy better than me, but today it was the other way around, that's all.

In Malaysia Open I took the initiative to attack but I was rather impatient at the time, when the attack chances I rushed my decision and ended up making errors.

I was more patient today, I didn't rush down to kill the shuttles even though there were some loose shots. In the first game, I attacked more because I was playing with the drifts. In the second game, I could play more freely as I was playing against the drift.

Even though the opponent was playing against the drift in the first game, he hit so many short lifts so I could position myself better into attacking. In the second game he tried to be more attacking like I did in the first game, but I tried and managed to make him to lift and just like the previous game, his lifts were rather a bit short too.

I tried to lift longer in the second game at first, it didn't go out so I didn't have any limitation to return my shots.

(What's the difference between Chen Long and the other CHN players?)

CL played a patience play, he waits for the opponent to make mistakes like hitting the shuttles out, unforced errors or returning a weak reply for him to attack. So maybe my playing style could suit Chen Long but we can't know for sure.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  18. terrynguyen121988

Thanks ^-^

Indeed, in Malaysia Open, Ginting played so fast (like the way he played against Momota), but in Singapore, Ginting played with patience.

The moment in front the net decided the winner, Ginting played net shot so well yesterday.

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Brilliant performances by Ginting in Singapore Open 2019.
    Too bad he didn't win the final.
    Hope he can maintain this form and get to final as often as possible.

Better luck next time.

stanleyfm and wade like this.
  20. wade

wade Regular Member

indrg likes this.