Yonex Nanoflare 700

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Deepclean1122

Deepclean1122 Regular Member

Pull yourself together get back to the topic. I'm expecting for review from this racket.

SlaShEr likes this.
  2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Nanoflare 700 - The first racket that write its own reviews. Yonex - 100 an ten percent.

3. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    It has been sometime since I did a review so dont be too hard one. A quick background, I have been a great fan of fast racket, light racket with medium stiffness shaft. I have used a tons of rackets, latest one being LN Windstorm 72. great racket but just too light. I need something heavier to get the extra punch.

NR 800 is always my to go racket. In my opinion, NR 800 is a bit too stiff for me as I am naturally very wristy player and with age it is getting harder for me hold and flick.

The specs:

Weight: 4U

Grip: G5 with towel grip

Strings:BG 80 at 29 lbs

Initial impression:

It does feel on the lighter side at about 85 grams without my towel grip. Noticeable shaft being medium flex and overall structure feels well balanced. As you may have already known, the frame is thinker on the side profile while thinner on the front profile which allows it to cut through the air. Although it is 4U the frame is strong which held well at 29 lbs. The frame was on the lighter side but I don’t feel it very light.One thing that I cannot figure out is the whipping sounds, it not the normal sound.

Warm up:

Clears were awesome! I didn’t need to exert much strength to execute the clear shots. Drops are more accurate but i needed to work on the timing due to the faster head speed. Drives we wonderful with a good whipping effect due to the medium flex shaft, I personally like it. Smashes we more powerful but I had to adjust my timing and angle to get it sharper.

Game time:

The control of the racket is superb due to its light weight and medium stiff. I could block,defence and drive the shuttle easily. I had no issue at all direct the shuttle where I want to. Half court pushes was a breeze along with parry shots. The faster head speed allows me to react better.

I did struggle with lifts initial as was either lifting too long or too short, as I need to adjust the power to my lift. There was somewhat lacking in power especially in the smashing. I need to put in more effort to get it travel faster. Through that process I began to experiment with half smashes. It was very sharp and accurate hence a mix of half and full force smash allowed me to get to match point. As a summary, this racket gave me more option with shots selection which varied my game much more.

Great for all arounder players with wristy styles. Not the best attacking racket but it can pack mini punches when needed. While it is 4U it does not feel like one. This review is done after one session, if i have time i would give an update on this review.

#123 Blurry D, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Simeon, bbyex, xiaoqiao and 1 other person like this.
  4. konstancij

konstancij Regular Member

can you measure weight of head side and total weght, please?

5. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Total weight is 85 grams with string.

I am unsure how to weigh just the head.

6. konstancij

easy, place tip of the racket head on a kitchen scale, and tip of the handle on a supporting object, keeping the racket approximately level.

I asked for full weight, because you mentioned that 85 grams is the weight without you standart towel grip. But you alraeady may put your grip on. It is important to make both measurments with the same grip.

7. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I am curious as to why the few grams matters to you. the 85 gram is with string and without towel grip.

8. konstancij

my approach is very simple, thise two weight numbers allow to precisely calculate final balance of the racket. then, I can compare weight of head with my other rackets, that have measurments from 38 to 47 grams. Now if i want to buy a racket, that feels light and quick, I will look for racket with wet weight of head of around 35 -38 grams, balanced 40, head heavy 42 and up. This is my subjective scale, but I can measure it, you see?

Simeon likes this.
  9. Charliexx

Charliexx New Member

Can anyone compare the nanoray 750 (3u) with the nanoflare 700 (4u)?

10. Mi'ir

Mi'ir New Member

i have a nanoray 750 really good racket for double front court player (a bit lack on smash since it head light) but i believe nanoflare700 will be better...havent got my hand on it yet just base on review and specs

11. Charliexx

Charliexx New Member

Would you mind sharing which version of nr750 you have? 3u or 4u?

12. Mi'ir

Mi'ir New Member

4UG5 pair with yonex bg66force 25lbs

13. Charliexx

Charliexx New Member

Thanks. Just put in an order for the same setup. 4ug5 Going to sit on the fence regarding the nanoflare

Mi'ir likes this.
  14. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

15. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Shots sound weirdly hollow off of the frame.

Wonder why they dropped NAMD?

16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Because that's Astrox marketing speak. Yonex has always limited the techs used to dedicated racket families to separate them best possible in marketing communication.

17. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    I'd be interested in looking at the frames, but I don't suppose it'd be my kind of racket. Also, £180? Nah.

Edit: Also, 3+2?

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

One of the guys at my club has the racket. He says power is okay. I don‘t believe him. Maybe I‘ll give it a go some day.

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    It actually is mate. I kid you not. I had my doubts that going 4U was gonna work. But it does have acceptable power. But that's about as far as it goes. I do still maintain my belief that it needs a 3U to be justifiable still.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Rob3rt likes this.
  20. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Actually, I changed my mind. I'm gonna give the NF700 a try. Here are my reasons:
    1) I have long since speculated that thinner is not always better in terms of frame profile. I always thought feel related more with the width of the frame - more box frame like rackets - but I could be proven wrong here. It may be that the older rackets, like the N90, had fantastic feel because of the depth of the frame.
    2) The N7 II caught me be surprise. It's not my usual kind of racket, but it's working well for me. I wonder how extreme that change can be (away from boxy head heavy rackets) before I hit the 'optimal point' so to speak.
    3) I'm still recovering. I have new medication that should improve things, but I still have to er on the side of caution. My right shoulder can still give me grief, and that can make using some rackets more problematic - in particular, when muscles seize up and stop working correctly - it can be hard to produce the desired angles on some shots.

Will report back when I've tested it.

Edit: Ordered it with Aerobite at 24lbs.

#140 Charlie-SWUK, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019