Yonex SHB 01 MX Replacement

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by mstaschen, Feb 12, 2019.

1. mstaschen

mstaschen Regular Member

Finance Analyst
    Hello!

I bought Yonex SHB 01 MX several years ago, and I love the shoes! They fit perfectly and I've never had any issues at all. However, they're starting to age and I'm looking to replace them but they're an aging model and can't really find them anywhere. I really do like Yonex so I want to stick with the Yonex brand, I was thinking about the PC SHB 65Z which I found here.

What do you guys think? Is this is a solid replacement in terms of stability/feel?

Cheers,
    Mars

2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    PC03z and now eclipsionZ are the yonex direct successors to shb02 and shb01 "stability" line

65z is part of their "all around" line though I personally find 65z to be just as stable as shb02.

Others on here have generously discussed Z, X, and EX trim lines extensively if you wish to dive into that.

My advice, try on a bunch before you buy.

3. mstaschen

mstaschen Regular Member

Finance Analyst
    So I ended up getting the 65Z in black and red. I'll keep you guys posted as I play a few times with them if anyone else is looking to buy them or replace their MXs

4. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Is 65Z a good replacement for SHB SC6 LD too? My shoes also need to be replaced soon

5. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    i use SC6LD at clubs with harder floors where my SHB65Z and SHB02LTD don't provide enough cushioning. 65Z is definitely more stable and i have more confidence moving around in them compared to SC6.

if you enjoy that level of cushioning, PC COMFORTZ (or SHB87 or PC COMFORT TOUR if you can still find them) is more along the lines of SC6 cushioning. still worth trying on different shoes before buying, though.