Singapore Open 2019, April 9-14

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by Loh, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

KM in control,excellent touch throughout the match

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

That was rather quick for a long awaited WR1 on court 1 match.. 21-11 21-11

3. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Last three tournaments: first round All England, second round Malaysia, second round Singapore. It's a damn shame, I really wanted the matchup with Shidamatsu. :(

Some people have suggested the Japanese doubles have now been figured out, I think they just play badly at the moment. I mean, what's left to figure out about Takamatsu, who've been on the tour for so long? In december they still won the WTF, now they are "figured out"? Please.

Chen/Jia were quite bad for an extended period, now they've won the last two major tournaments. People simply can't peak forever.

It'sMeMeMe and trizzforce like this.
  4. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

90% Audience leaving, left a small group of japanese cheering their players. me too.

About fajri drama, there were 2 episodes:
    1. G2 scoreline 6-6 shuttle hit the block hut haweye showed IN but rian persistent asked to reveiw again, final call is IN for MAS

2. end of G2, scoreboard showing IN 21 for Fajri but MAS challenge, umpire argue back and forth with MAS, in the end hawkeye showed ouT lol. Fajri continue again, then finally they won.

phew

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

AyakaMisaki is simply not young anymore.

6. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Minions vs FajRi ct3 tomorrow.

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I think it's the JPN players turn to be a bit under the weather while they were all doing quite consistent throughout last year. What's funny is most of them doing it at the same time. Or the other pairs were just doing terribly wrong last year.

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well they are both INA so I guess.. :cool: That WD of THA[5] vs CHN, can't they make place for MD INA[1] vs INA [8]?? :mad::mad:

Another live score glaring for us tomorrow..

Baddie lover likes this.
  9. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

I agree with you. I saw the match and clearly they were not playing like their usual selves. Lots of unforced errors, netshots, poor defence, weak and predictable smashes with no creative play-making...the list goes on.

I think they just lost their confidence from the start of the second match and it showed in their body language; almost as if they were uninterested after the interval.

Definitely nothing to do with figured out like you said as these two have been around for so long and won almost every major accolade in their time. I love this pair but the reality is they are on the road to retirement and probably if they don't make it to Tokyo 2020 it's a sign to really call it a day. By pro standards, they are both old.

In general, Japan as a whole is on the descent while Koreans and Chinese are making a strong resurgence at the right time.

10. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Yeah they were much slower and very sluggish compared to the Koreans who were simply the better pair today.

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I don't think you understand the crowd comes in after 5pm that s why the WR1s matches are scheduled late.
    And you wouldn't want to watch LD s play. It was so dismal you would rather not know about it.

12. minions

minions Regular Member

Country representatives in QF

10 - JPN
    7 - INA
    6 - CHN
    5 - IND
    3 - MAS, THA
    2 - KOR, TPE, DEN

Seeded players left in QF

MS - 6
    WS - 7
    MD - 6
    WD - 6
    XD - 4

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Schedule WR1 on COURT 1 after 5 PM then!! Why couldn't they come up with that idea? They should have learnt a lot from another tournaments. If they ever paid any attention at all to what's going on in badminton world, no tournaments had ever ZERO WR1 on court 1 on a day unless they are playing against their compatriots.

Oh? Well, let me tell you one thing about me and LD. If you really have been following badminton as much as some of us do, you should know that I've put up with what were even much worse of LD than that match for the whole one year. Maybe most of his fans had. So, you know, after that brilliant performances to clinch MO title, we had a LITTLE BIT expectation, you know, that the organizer would have been somewhat a SMARTER and a more sensitive person to give the fans all over the world A HUGE TREAT to put LD on Court 1 against the world's no.3. Or at least court 2 for the sake of video coverage. After all their commotion about "Lin Dan and potential local rematch on the cards after Thailand Masters. " was all over the news. They used LD as a free promotional tool. All they needed to do in return, give him some face and put him on court 1.

Instead? It was like: Oh, sorry, I had no idea who to allocate on which court so I'll just let all of them queue and see which court is available first. LD walked out of the court? The organizers were asking for it. The moment they announced LD to play on court 4, we knew it's spelled DOOMED.

skhai91, Biglever, It'sMeMeMe and 2 others like this.
  14. Yulius

Yulius Regular Member

I really hope they just don't have the motivation yet to play their best considering the olympic phase.

15. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

this organiser really needs some spanking on the brain....such rubbish
    next year downgrade to IC level pls...

Baddie lover likes this.
  16. sunscreen

sunscreen Regular Member

Is court layout tomo going to be #3, #1, #2?
    Cos past few days has been #3, #1, #2, #4

17. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    out for singles. in for doubles because the net holder sits directly on the doubles sideline.

Justin L likes this.
  18. sunscreen

sunscreen Regular Member

Anyone else watch the soh/chia v li/liu game? Whenever soh/chia played a lift, it was brought down effectively by li/liu. Downward Plays to the tram/side lines were easily retrieved, li/liu simply bent/reached sideways. Smashes were also returned effectively, li/liu just had to reach forward to return. Straight driving shots to the torso won soh/chia some points but there weren’t many opportunities for that. Li/liu heights and reach are wow! So what strategy or style would you suggest?

19. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

20. mohans

mohans Regular Member