Astrox 88s vs Bravesword 12?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Pokkii, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Pokkii

Pokkii New Member

hello,
    Recently Ive been in a really sticky situation in which racket is better for me...
    Im mainly a doubles player and mostly at the front, although i do have my fair share at the rear court. I do like fast paced shots like drives and pushes although i do tend to intercept with drops ,when at the front, rather than drives/pushes.
    Playing with the Bravesword 12 it feels alittle better at the rear with it being more heavier (in my feeling), speed of the frame allows great defences on my part. However I love the astroxx 88s at the net on how wuick it can respond sometimes in net play/intercepts however i can feel i lack power at the rear and end up resroting to drops / fast drops...
    Any thoughts about my situation and advice would be greatly appreciated. Also include any personal experiences with either rackets and any comparisons if you have tried both!
    Many Thanks

#1 Pokkii, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  2. Pokkii

Pokkii New Member

3. kakashihatake

kakashihatake Regular Member

I m using ax88s 3u since their launching, and I can tell the more I use the better it is.

If you don't feel 88s is hard to wield why not get one?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lolzprince likes this.
  4. ice man

ice man Regular Member

BS12 user for some time now, tried the 88S as I thought it should be quite close as LYD plays with.

BS12 to me is really « better » in doubles, more aerodynamic, manoeuveurable, hence better in defence and flat game. As I’m a counter attacker it suits my game well.

88S is less good in defence and flat game but seems to have a higher power output. Yet I don’t seem to click with their rotational system which to me tend to make racquets feel really weird

5. Longbeans

Longbeans New Member

If im more on offensive , do u think i should get the bravesword 12 or astrox 88s?

6. Longbeans

Longbeans New Member

I thought that astrox 88s should be more powerful then bravesword 12? But im not sure about it , im also hessitating on deciding which should i get

7. dhobo

dhobo Regular Member

I use 4U 88s and 3U BS12 doubles. I can switch back and forth without issue. This means defensively timing is not off.

Generally smashes 88s seem steeper. But for backcourt, BS12 weight noticeably creates less chance for opponent to return.

Backcourt and backhand clears take more initial effort with BS12. 88s easier to launch.

Front court interceptions seem more fluid with 88s, but BS12 isn’t far behind...

Half court they both seem to do well for me. Both offence and defense.

Drops I haven’t noticed any advantage I could rate for either.

Generally for intense doubles games I tend to go BS12 so I don’t seem disadvantaged in backcourt offence.

Tried n9ii and timing was off in switches. It definitely had more power over the mentioned 2 models.

Been toying with idea of getting 7000B or Calibar 500 or 3U 88s. But want to be able to preserve ability to switch between racquets without big adjustment.