Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

What was it about the JS10 that made you feel off about it. There's probably not enough head weight in the JS10 to flex the shaft like a ZFII. Tbh, most things are going to feel rather off initially. There's a club mate who transitioned from ZFII to AX99 and initially he felt off too, but now he's got 2 AX99 :).

I'm not sure about badmintonracketreview, but any website that provides real specs, don't provide their actual way of finding it. There's manufacturing variation too, which could affect results and I'm not sure what weights they're measuring or giving. Things like plastic on handle, unstrung weight, etc, may play a part in the way a racket is weighed. Karakal are known for giving their racket weights without any handles, but the typical manufacturer weight is done without string and their default grip on the handle (without plastic).

So, unless they've got an average of the specs across a large amount of data points, I always take those stats with a pinch of salt.

2. Calum Payne

Calum Payne New Member

If I remember correctly, I just felt like the js10 felt a bit dead so it's probably just me enjoying the liveliness of something with a bit of flex in the shaft.
    Badmintonracketreview show how they get their results and measure all the rackets in the same configuration. I think its a good way to compare rackets simply on their calculations such as weight and flex but don't pay any attention to their "smash test" etc. As you say, there's the manifacturer differences between individulal rackets to concider but from theri stats, the n7ii and the n9ii measured the same flex and the n7ii had a slightly higher balance point. Really interesting considering everyone says the opposite.

3. Calum Payne

Calum Payne New Member

I've done it, gone ahead and ordered the N9ii with pink Li ning no.1 strung to 25lbs. Can't wait to try it out. A whole new brand of racket with a whole new brand of strings. I'll give you updates upon arrival!

4. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I bought my N9II(tontowi ahmad) orange black colorway, was to try it out with the Aerosonic string on the advice by @badmintony but my excitement got the better off me and I strung it with Li Ning No1 red color at 26x28.

It was my first time using the No1 and man couldn't simply resist the sound it made. A great sounding string second to my current go to GT5(I have to recheck that by freshly stringing to may be my AX88D or N7II as it sounds like hitting with a wooden plank, yes it has been almost a more than a month stringing them). Coming back on topic the N9II - FIRST- 11/10 to the orange black colorway. The paint scheme is simply the best I have seen till now. The orange glows a bit when light falls at the right angle, something not seen on my N7II black neon green colorway, which oozes the premium feel.
    The grip size was S1 which is equivalent to yonex G6, perfect for me.

This is first racquet out of my four(AX88D 4UG4, 2N7II 3US2, N9II 3US1) which made me feel that it was right pay such amount on it. No regret even till now and currently may be I won't go back to my previous racquets anymore. The power generated while smashing is really the best of the 3. Also out of the 3 the N9II (atleast for me) is equal to the N7II in terms of SPEED, which is already a fast racquet. I had no problems during drops and front court play. Also I do realise the head lag while swinging the racquet, but I like that feel

I always had my sights set on the N9II before even getting the N7II or the AX88D, but was hesitant as the black pink colorway was not available here in India, only to realise how stupid I was. This is a GEM of a racquet and now I am torn between the decision on either getting a second N9II or the N80II( courtesy @s_mair)

And as every N9II on this thread should end
    I have hopped on to the dark side (@Konquerian) 1553521166068.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Konquerian, Saru and s_mair like this.
  5. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Welcome to the dark side !!!

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  6. ice man

ice man Regular Member

This racquet is a ****ing gem. When I first played with it, two years ago, I had a brief look at its potential, but was disturbed by its lack of maneuverability compared to the racquets I played at the time. But now, having used only this racquet for two month, even with a break caused by an injury, I think I finally mastered it!

Prior to N9-II I used bravesword 12 and jetspeed 12 this year. Bravesword 12 was fantastic but lacking in head weight to my licking, so I had a tendency to lose track of the racquet head, and the timing to get a big smash was tricky. So I moved on to jetspeed 12 4U, which is a great racquet too, easier to dial with the timing, but felt too light when time passed. The logical choice would have been to buy a jetspeed 12 in 3U but I could get N9-II way cheaper and Victor’s recent troubles made me choose N9-II.

So here I’m back using N9-II as my main racquet. As I said before, this racquet is truly a gem. It’s power is incredible for it’s balance and agility, I’m piercing defence of even way better players than me, consistently. No matter how hard you smash, it seems that you can’t reach its power ceiling. Impressive. And the best part of it, you can smash repeatedly without tiring your arm.

I had trouble defending with this racquet at first, coming from jetspeed 12 4U which is lighter, my defences were mistimed and/or short. It’s just getting better, as now I’m able to defend really good players, and my reflex-defences are back, allowing me to win points that should be lost. This racquet is clearly not the best racquet out there if you rely only on defence, but it is very capable for a racquet designed for relentless smashing.

This racquet is really an all in one package, amazing power combined with great agility, a keeper to me! Even if i’ve got a brand new N7-II waiting to be tested in the bag, just don’t want to play with another racquet than N9-II for now!

Saru likes this.
  7. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Same for me, I went back to the n9ii. I just feel that 1~2g overall lighter would make it absolutely perfect!

8. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Are there any differences between the n9ii black/pink/blue and the green one?

Also, anyone who tried both n9ii and the new 75 - any difference there?

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

No. At least not bigger than the usual production tolerances.

10. Swat

Swat Regular Member

What about N9ii vs tc75, should be a slight shift in bp from 298 to 295, right?

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Haven't played the TC75 yet. But from all that's been said in here, they are the same. Li-Ning hasn't been really precise and consistent with their spec info in the past. So I wouldn't take those to differing values that seriously.

12. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Thanks, then I might just get another N9ii :)

13. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Recently got myself a Li-Ning Turbocharging 75 Drive,

It plays like Astrox 88s. Very fast and nimble for drive exchanges. I guess the word "drive" really conveys the strong point of the racket. The racket have colorshift gold-purple of the N9ii. I held both racket at the shop, and it does feel significantly different. the weight category of TC75D is more like 4u (82g) compared to 3u (88g) N9ii. The flex of the racket is more towards medium stiff and have 10 mm longer handle compared to N9ii with both overall racket length of 675mm, hence shorter shaft length. Also this racket have balance point of 302mm (7mm more compared to N9ii).

I personally have not try N9ii, but i did try N9ii TF. Based on my experience, TC75D feels more solid compared to N9iiTF due to stiffer shaft perhaps. TC75D is way more agile compared to N9iiTF, and tends to hold shuttle longer on the stringbed. Power play is not really strong point of TC75D, as it feels less oomph, but nevertheless it feels better and more refined than N9iiTF where there is a little bit vibration during smashes.

Coming from astrox 77 and astrox 88s user, i do feel that this racket is more agile than both the astrox i used regularly. TC75D is alot faster in drives and netplay, whereas it is a little bit lacking in the smash feel (probably due to aero-shaped frame). It simply don have the oomph solid feel from Astrox series. Smashes are still fast and steep, it is just the feel is completely different for me.

In conclusion, TC75D is really good racket made by li-ning. A racket suitable for doubles, especially for front court players. It is very fast and agile, and also the paintwork is simply amazing. The paintwork kinda explains why Li-Ning racket is at premium price point. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Number 14, Swat, Saru and 2 others like this.
  14. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Did you use the 4U versions of ax77/88s?

15. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Yes, i do use both astrox in 4u

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Swat likes this.
  16. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Right now I’ve got 3 N9-II strung with N1 at 12kg, same overgrip

They are all at 96gr with 41gr head weight!

What a consistency

s_mair likes this.
  17. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    Hi there.
    I'm thinking about buying a N9 II.
    Anybody knows how it compares to the AX77?
    Looking for somewhat comparable but with faster frame.

Is there a difference between old and new N9 II?
    It's hard to find official information from LiNing but I heard they changed some names (is it TC75 now?).

Also if you look at these 2 shops the rackets look different although both being called N9 II.
    https://www.smoof.de/li-ning-n9-ii-metallic-green.html
    https://www.racket-outlet.de/badminton/li-ning-n-9-ii.html

LiNing is really confusing me with their specs and names...:confused:
    Thanks in advance.

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It's not that complicated actually. Before Li-Ning changed their whole naming scheme, the N9II was available in two colors (bronze/green and black/pink). Both had identical specs.

With the new naming, the N9II became the TC75 which is only available in black/pink.

So if you consider getting one, then order the one from smoof. That's a steal for that price.

endFX likes this.
  19. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Still trying to figure out if it's a good replacement for my ax77.

20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's up to personal preference only. Spec wise, they are close. Which one feels better in your hand? I'm afraid you'll need to find out for yourself.

endFX likes this.