Recommend some rackets?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ryseric, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Ryseric

Ryseric Regular Member

Some background, plays more of mens doubles and would consider myself an all rounder. Okay at both the front and back. Looking for a racket which is both light and agile and also powerful enough to be at the back. Any suggestions? Using BG80 @27lbs

2. Ryseric

Ryseric Regular Member

I like to play a more counter attacking style and leaning slightly towards defensive with occasions where i wanna be at the back during Mixed doubles/or seldom singles

3. llrr

llrr Regular Member

AX88S 3U

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

So your racket reference is pretty much 4U, balance/slight heavy head racket.

So the question is would you prefer mid flex or stiff? & do you have limited budget or not?

5. Ryseric

Ryseric Regular Member

Im okay with either mid flex or stiff and im fine with budget unless its like sky high 200+

6. Ryseric

Ryseric Regular Member

Havent really tried this racket before, wonder how it plays

7. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Fast, not too head heavy. Good for defense and drives. Stiff but not too stiff.

8. Ryseric

Ryseric Regular Member

How about being at the back of the court?

9. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Till few days ago when im looking for my 2nd racket, have been able to touch few racket (tho im kinda in limited budget look for mid end racket).

Yonex Astrox 7 - slight heavy head but overall is light as its 4U. Mid flex. Good swing speed & still able to feel the head weight a little.

Yonex Astrox 88D - heavy head but not as heavy like a sledge hammer & good swing speed. Mid stiff. feel ok for me but my wallet scream out loud for this.... For cheaper one might be 68D but havent been able to found one.

Yonex Astrox 88S - head heavy kinda like AX7 & more manouverable than 88D. Mid stiff.

Thruster K770HT i - Heavy head, mid stiff racket. My new weapon. Mine is 3U as i love to feel wielding a hammer than a feather & love the feel of the strong impact on hitting the shuttle, so overall i like it. But maybe you can look for 4U version, maybe it will suit you.

Except for TK770 that i bought, the rest i just try dry swing without stroke test in the court. But on dry swing i could feel the heavy feel on 88D yet quite easier to manouver than my TK770 for sure (maybe its the Astrox tech about balance distribution).
    So if you are balance player but kinda like 60% offense 40% defense, you would love 88D more. Otherwise the opposite you would like 88S more.

Ryseric likes this.
  10. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Naturally it doesn't have as much weight for smashes at the backcourt, but since you're a defensive/counterattack player this would be an issue with all fast, even balanced racquets. 88S does have a bit of HH so it's not completely bad. Also, if you have good technique you can produce big smashes with anything even a NS9900.