Need a recommendation for new racket [Double]

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Obito, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Obito

Obito Regular Member

Im currently using the 88s 4U. I like it so much. Only down side of it is that the smash from the back court seems to lack a bit of power and steepness. I tried 88d 4U of my friend. The smash is a lot steeper and it is quick enough for me to use in the front court as well. So now I'm thinking I might get 88d but I'm not sure that should I go for 3u for more power or stay with the 4u. Also, I've look into some of the rackets from Li-ning. They are beautiful and I would love to try one of their product. Do they have any racket from Li-ning that comparable with 88d ? or any suggestion for any racket that may be a better choice for me ? I love the racket that quick enough to move around in front, but powerful enough to give me extra punch in smash. Im not a fan of zf2 or that kind of racket because I only play double and it is too slow for the front play.

Thanks in advance

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Why not 88S in 3U?

3. Obito

Obito Regular Member

Yeah I've been thinking about it too, but I think I would love to try something that head heavier because the head would help to add some more steepness, but a lot of people been telling me that I might need to get the 88s 3U.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

How about using balance tape.
    Put some tape on the top frame, bottom frame, & shaft end near the cone.
    Put the tape equally so the balance wont be altered much & you gain some weight to turn your 88S to 3U. Afterall between 3U & 4U, the different is about 5gr only.

Obito likes this.
  5. Yogi Ardiansyah

Yogi Ardiansyah New Member

Maybe you can try Yonex astrox 68 d Made in Taiwan.4ug5
    Review available on YT

Thanks

Obito likes this.
  6. namcho

namcho New Member

I second this idea. I have put 2.5-4 gram on my current 4U rackets, and the power improved a lot. It might actually save your racket. Give it a try!

Obito likes this.
  7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Actually you can experiment with the tape alot.
    My friend put his Nanoray on 2,6, & 10. Well, he got copy of Tri Voltage from voltric series on his nanoray. Just dont put it surounding the frame fully on both side like what my friend did before. Well, his Nanoray turn into Mjolnir but as Odin said, only they who are worthy are able to unleash its potential:p. To bad my friend not worthy for it.

If need more Head heavy, add more on the frame. Upper part of frame to gain the most altered balance or in the mid side of both frame to alter little but still retain the manouver, or the bottom of frame to gain little power but get the best control. Kinda simillar to E-Tune part customization.

Then you can add on the shaft to, to keep you prefered balance but to add more weight to overall of the racket weight.

Actually you can use an electrical tape or whatever tape. The problem is how you can precisely cut the tape to gain the same weight on each cut & 2nd problem is the glue which kinda sticky & hard to remove if you want to experiment with it.

Obito likes this.