Mid-flex, headlight racket from Yonex Nanoray 750 3u vs Nanoflare 700 4u

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Charliexx, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Charliexx

Charliexx New Member

Hi all,

First time poster, have a quick question for players who have tried both NR750 (3u)/(4u) and NF 700 (4u)/(5u).

Have been playing for awhile now probably in the basket of “beginner” of the intermediates.

I have gone through many rackets in search of the “one”.

I have had a VT80, D10, ZF2, NR900 and Astrox 88d(totally don’t like this,impulse buy)

The go to racket now is NR900(3u) which shows that I like a headlight/balance racket.

I am in the quest to harness more power in a headlight racket and recently had a chance to try out a mates NR750 (3u) and instantly fell in love with it. The flex seem to help with the clear and the even more headlight compared to the NR900 made it easier to react to shots.

About to buy a new racket over the next few days but would like to seek your opinions or review on the following rackets:
    1. NR 750 (3u)
    2. NR 750 (4u)
    3. NF 700 (4u)
    4. NF 700 (5u)

All opinions would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to end my racket hunting episode with this final racket. Thanks in advance.

2. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

Also play the Nanoray 750 (4u) and I am very satisfied, but the racket is no longer produced by Yonex (for the German market) and therefore I also tend to the Nanoflare 700. Should perhaps also flow into the purchase.

I would also be happy about a comparison. Think 5u only for doubles/mixed and 4u for doubles/mixed and singles.

3. Charliexx

Charliexx New Member

Have you tried the 750 in 3u? Is the 4u “too light” when compared to the 3u?

4. BadBadmintonPlayer

No, but i love my Nanoray 750 4u. In the end, this is an individual decision. Some like lighter and some heavier rackets.

Nanoflare700 is an easy 4u decision for me, because i play singles, too.

5. Charliexx

Charliexx New Member

Just put in an order for a 4ug5 nanoray 750. I suspect it’s not going to be as headlight as the 3ug5 but they are no stock around for them. Will continue to monitor reviews of the nanoflare 700 and see how I go with them.
    Really hope the nanoray 750 in the 4u version is not going to be too weak or too head heavier compare to the 3u.

6. Charliexx

Charliexx New Member

Hi, I can see that you have gotten yourself a new toy - nf700. Was wondering if you bought the 4u or 5u? How does it compare to a 4u nr750? I am using a 4u nr750 now love the light weight but I feel it doesn’t feel as solid/punchy as a 3u nr750. Was wondering if a 4u nf700 would fix that?

7. BadBadmintonPlayer

I think so.

The Nanoflare700 4u has a much more solid feel than the Nanoray750 4u and is a little bit more stiff. All in all a good all-rounder, which can also be used in singles. Nanoray750 is faster...

Both nice rackets.

8. Charliexx

Charliexx New Member

Thanks for the quick comparison. Do you know what the BP is for the nr750 and nf700? Does the head of the nf700 feels light as the nr750? Have you tried the 5u?

9. Jarda

Jarda Regular Member

If I look to one eshop in my country, where is test of balanced point...So NR 750 is balanced on 298 mm and NF 700 on 297 mm, both version 4UG4 and with string. I still cannot do decision between NR750 and NF700, too.. :)

10. Jarda

Jarda Regular Member

Is NR 750 faster in manoeuvrability or shuttlecock speed?

11. Charliexx

Charliexx New Member

Care to share the website?

12. Charliexx

Charliexx New Member

I believe he meant manoeuvrability.
    Coming from a nanoray 900, the nr750 makes reaction time a fair bit faster allowing you to go from one shot to another faster.
    E.g successfully blocking a smash in the front court after you just returned the shuttle. Normally you wouldn’t be able to move the racquet fast enough to block the smash but nr750 allows you to do that.

BadBadmintonPlayer likes this.
  13. BadBadmintonPlayer

Manoeuvrability!

Both rackets with original factory grip, yonex overgrip and BG66UM:
    BP Nanoray750 4u 290mm
    BP Nanoflare700 4u 293mm
    Approx. 5mm more without overgrip...

14. Jarda

Jarda Regular Member

15. Charliexx

Charliexx New Member

Do you feel
    Like it has more power compared to the nanoray 750?

16. Mi'ir

Mi'ir New Member

i have nanoray 750 4ug5 here is my review
    it really fast racket for front court player... i can drive back to opponent when they smash.. really fast to do net kill.. i can smash (half smash) more steeper with nanoray 750 rather than astrox 88s 4ug5 (i know its wierd maybe it just me)
    Only down side of it is that the smash from the back court seems to lack a bit of power
    overall review
    speed 9/10
    power 7/10
    control 9/10
    manoeuvrability 9/10

17. Gian Chang

Gian Chang New Member

Here's a review of the Nanoflare 700. It really is a terrible racket for singles- not enough power, barely enough power for doubles as well honestly. There's a reason not a lot of top players aren't using the racket. I'd bet that Ratchanok Intanon is just using a repainted version of one of her old rackets like the Astrox 77.

18. BadBadmintonPlayer

Really bad review from you!

1. It was never easier to identify a racket on the court. Ratchanok Intanon plays with the Nanoflare 700. Maybe it is heavier, but I don't think so.
    2. The racket is more balanced and not head light.
    3. High clears and attack clears are super easy.

I'll bet you haven't played with the Nanoflare 700 or you just have a bad technique.

[​IMG]

#18 BadBadmintonPlayer, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    darrengsaw likes this.
  19. Groudon

Groudon Regular Member

Hi sorry for bringing up an old post, I am having difficulties choosing between these 2 rackets as well as I heard NF700 is quite fragile, so which one did Charliexx bought in the end? Can share your thoughts?