2019 Victor Racquets (TK BXR, TK FC, AuraSpeed and more)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Okaharu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. yoman

yoman Regular Member

Anyone recently bought TKF-Claw? Care to share some views? TIA!

2. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    I just got one by myself today
    The frame profile is the same than TKF with 3 different shape unlike the strict box frame of old TK series

3. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I was thinking about writing one but haven't had the time to put one together, if you've ever read my previous racquet reviews, I like to be comprehensive :oops: - which takes a lot of time.

But if you're interested in the 90S, I'll give you my opinion as a short summary.

My initial impression of the 90S was quite good, as others have put it, it does feel a bit like a reincarnation of the BS12. The design looks fantastic, I love the colours and the frame profile, which although is fast, it doesn't quite have a sword frame. The outer face of the frame is actually curved, unlike the hexagon shape of the braveswords and it doesn't have quite a sharp edge. This is probably why it is not quite as fast (aerodynamically) compared to the braveswords.

I bought the 3U version (Dry specs: HW = 37.5g, TW = 87.3g, BP = 287mm). It's a fast, even balanced and medium-flex racquet with decent feel. The racquet is very easy to use and seems to do most things very well.

Having used the racquet for a while now, I do find myself going back to my trusty BS11, 12 and LHIs. And this is why...

Less stable upper sweetspot - I like to hit the shuttle slightly above the centre of the sweetspot, in what I call the upper part of the conventional sweetspot. Unfortunately, the 90S seems to be a little unstable in this region, particularly for smashing. It's not a huge deficit, but for me, it leaves me feeling slightly robbed of my effort and gives me a slight feeling of uncertainty. If I modify my timing such that I hit closer to the centre of the string bed, it's absolutely fine. So if you're someone who hits dead centre, you wouldn't have this issue. Compared to a BS12, the head feels less solid which is something I'm personally quite fussy about.

Power - Although the shaft is marginally stiffer than a BS12, which is a good sign for ultimate power, the slight lack of head stability seems to make the power slightly less accessible. In terms of overall power, it is better than the JS11 but is a touch shy of my braveswords.

Feel - The feel is good, better than any other fast racquet Victor has made since the braveswords, all of which I have generally found to be dull and inorganic. The 90s has quite good feel, although if I had to be picky, the braveswords still has the edge, but not by much.

Strung with VS890 at 34lb, no sinking grommets as yet. Although the raised strings beyond the grommet recess at the 2 and 10 o'clock positions is susceptible to damage when picking up shuttles. So I'm extra careful when picking up shuttles.

So all in all a good racquet, one I'm happy to play with, but if only they'd made the upper part of the sweetspot more stable/solid, it would be a clear winner. Best fast Victor racquet since the JS10.

Hope this helps, but happy to answer any questions.

Swat and kaffars like this.
  4. Hickton

Hickton Regular Member

Nice review. I'm tempted. I'm currently using JS12M 3U which suits me well. Is the ARS90S close to it?

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Sweet! I fully counted on you to play the guinea pig once again.

Let me know how it compares to the good ol' TK7000SN once you got the proper feel for it. I started playing the TK7000SN recently shin after a while in the bag and I have to say that I really fancy it. To me one of the best Victor rackets I've tried yet, right beside the JS10.

6. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I haven’t found many reviews on the TK7000 either. Is it anything like the TK-F? Is it less stiff?

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Here's mine in case you haven't read it already:

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo.../victor-fans-club.97612/page-284#post-2687776

And after a couple of months with it, I still can back up all the things I've wrote back then. Just a really solid racket with no true downsides. It blends in nicely with my other weapons such as N9II, N7II or N80II which is a big thumbs-up for any racket I dare saying.

Swat likes this.
  8. Swat

Swat Regular Member

^ Great, thank you!

9. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I didn't have much time with the JS12M but I would say the 90S is faster and communicates better. Although the JS12 has a more uniform and perhaps wider sweetspot, particularly near the top which makes it a bit easier to use for most. Balance wise Js12 is a little head heavier.

Personally I prefer the 90S over all the JS, including the JS10. If you've tried the Js11, the 90S is like a more refined, tauter version of the JS11.

10. Hickton

Hickton Regular Member

Unfortunately I haven't tried the JS11. So long as the ARS90S isn't very headlight I think I will go for it.

11. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    Ni pb
    I'm currently at HK so I won't be able to play with it before next week.
    The shop owner told me that he'll try to book a ground to play with me there.
    I'll let you know

12. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

I have a yellow JS 12 3U I like its power, how is the ARS 90 power level compared to a 12 js ?

13. rayPatel

rayPatel New Member

Did anyone end up ordering the new shoes? Appreciate any reviews on that.
    Coming from SHB 65Z Wide, I am looking at A922, P9210 or P9200FL

Also, forgot to mention my AuraSpeed 90S 3U will be here in 2 weeks. Super excited :D

14. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    [​IMG]

As90k, what do you guys think of this spec?

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I have the A922 and I have a couple of older coloured 9200. My comparison reference is with the 65XW which is similarly a 4E cut. Frankly the cutting is nothing alike. The 922 and the 9200 are narrower overall. Especially at the front end due to the V shape cut compared to the U style of the 65 series. However heel cushion is at least comparable between the 65 and 922. The 9200 has a bit less cushion but it does seem to have a better rebound in comparison.
    Completely unnecessary IMO. This persistence with dual specification rackets of the same model number is very grating on one's nerves. The differences although are noticeable in play are unnecessary the way they're marketing it.. Especially given how little traction they have in the market right now. This isn't going to save them any more than the next racket they release of the same premise.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

#455 Ch1k0, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    rayPatel and s_mair like this.
  16. Dhandapani

Dhandapani Regular Member

Can anyone give review for Victor Thruster F claw racket

17. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I recently tested Claw against TKF. Claw is identical in colour, shaft specs, handle. Head is different shape. differnt string pattern, lighter weight and completely different feel, more akin to an even balance racket. It's pretty fast in defence, mid court work and around the net. Lacks a bit in the rear court for me but that's more my preferences.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

18. Dhandapani

Clearing from is difficult?

19. Dhandapani

Clearing from rear is difficult?

20. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Clearing isn't difficult. Claw has a slightly hollow feel compared to TKF. Some players hit better with lighter headed rackets compared to head heavy. For me, Claw lacked a little from the read court for power but that's partly because it didn't suit my style. I like to feel a racket and prefer stiff/head heavy specs.

Claw is just one of those rackets that we want to be so good and is most of the time. I just wanted it to have more.

Paul