Premium Stringer 3600 vs 3800

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Jepsen, May 6, 2019.

1. Jepsen

Jepsen New Member

Hi

I'm thinking about upgrading my Pros Pro Challenger to a Premium Stringer. But is the 3800 worth the extra 200$ compared to the 3600? What is the differences between the two?

Also I've seen a thread in here about upgrading the PS clamps to something better. Are they bad? I have a nice pair of clamps (upgraded) for my PP, and thinking if I should keep them.

2. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    The mounting system is different - they use more of a U shape rather than a K shape which makes it easier for threading string. This can be fixed by buying Chudeks' mounts (although I had a little trouble with mine being uneven and had to file them down) for less.

However, and I could be mistaken here so don't take my word for it, it looks like the 3800 has auto release clamps. Auto release clamps are much, much nicer to work with than the bolt-style ones found on the 3600. Again, you should note, you can upgrade these yourself on the 3600 with AEF parts.

3. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

The 3800 has no auto release clamps, the differens is just the side-mounts, wich looks nice but they will still be in the way for you when you do the last mains. I would not recomend you to choose between the 3600 and 3800 because it´s moore or less the same machine. If you want C/U shape side-mounts then take look on Super Stringer S90 (if you just stringing badminton rackets) it cost a little bit moore, but you will get semi auto release clamps and nice diamondusted string clamps, and also two flyingclamps etc. A machine I think will take you a longer time to want to upgrade from.

My references is Premium Stringer 8600 (same turntable as 3600) and later Super Stringer T50

https://www.tennisman.de/en/Other/S...ngingmachine-SUPERSTRINGER-S90-Badminton.html

4. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Yeah, these are the same clamps from AEF. They're much nicer to use than the manual bolt-like ones. Thanks for clearing up that the 3800 doesn't infact have them.

The hidden benefit to this style of clamp is that they use diamond dusted plates. That means that if you ever wear down the plate, all you need to do is order another set. Use a hot air gun to melt the glue and peel the plate off, clean it with something like IPA, and then glue the new one in place with a sturdy glue (used gorilla glue myself).

Super85 likes this.
  5. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Yes, performance wise are the PS clamps pretty bad, that’s why people here looking for other ones. But the machines quality is fine.