Grip-End Tape??!

Discussion in 'Grip' started by VeritasC&E, May 15, 2019.

1. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

Where can I find branded (Yonex or Victor) grip-end tape? (those little pieces of tape that come with individual grips when you buy them to secure the grip at the cone end in a nice-looking manner)

I use grip rolls but I'm a little bit obsessive and I find the best looking finish comes with that tape in the end. So much so that I currently recycle single grip grip-end tape from Yonex or Victor until they are completely done. It would be far more practical for me though just to have a bunch of that Yonex/Victor grip end tape and put a new piece every couple of grip changes.

2. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    When you buy in rolls, they will provide the tapes according to the grip quantity. i.e if you get roll of 30 yonex AC102EX, there will be 30 pcs grip end tapes provided by the manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

VeritasC&E likes this.
  3. VeritasC&E

That's useful to know, though I use towel grip (not from Yonex).

4. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Ahhh, i see...
    In this case, the closest you can get is to use black electrical tapes (so far i find this is the best for towel grips) but it wont show any brandings. On the other hand, you may ask your regular shops if they have spare tapes (some shop might just use electrical tapes instead of the tape provided by the grip manufacturer). I hope this help.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

VeritasC&E likes this.
  5. VeritasC&E

For the regular tape I have some already but it looks really ugly in comparison. I didn't think about asking shops though which is a great idea!

Thank you! : )

6. catsarenice

catsarenice New Member

When I buy YY/Victor grips, I usually cut the black ending in half so I can save the other half for another grip that doesn't have a "branded" end. :)

VeritasC&E likes this.
  7. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

Electrical tape is essentially the same as the tape that usually comes with the grip. The only difference is the width and the branding. The width can be changed by cutting the electrical tape in half, or however much you want off it. As for the branding, I find the plain electrical tape to look "cleaner" than the strips with the branding.

If you shop around you can even find electrical tape in different colours such as green blue red etc.

LenaicM likes this.
  8. esppy

esppy Regular Member

If you use overgrips or towel, honestly, those extra end tapes are a unnecessary bane and I see them as environment-destroying items. I've gripped both overs and towels LCW/LYD style and yeah, they say on, sans branding, and the line is smooth from the butt to the cone or shaft.

Just do it the other way round perhaps? So much better finishing and lesser adhesive to deal with. I once gave away 240 of those Yonex adhesive tapes to a shop since well.... I never need them.

Of if you're one of those that swears by Karakal PU style grips and/or those rubbish with a foam in the middle to created indents for the fingers (some chinese websites call them dragon-boned) then I don't think I have further comments, lol. Also, I can't see how serious a person will be when they're using those crap. But I digress.

offbad likes this.