TOTAL BWF SUDIRMAN Cup 2019 : Group Stage Matches (19-22 May)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

who was it? Gophichand? He is the single Head Coach.

2. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

an explanation

3. Nana

Nana New Member

Buy you forgot one thing INA has the same risks. Both Side hunting for Group Winner aside from both QF qualified. Minion/Daddies still the first choices. Well, taking a big leason from india's mistake yesterday when they put Sameer V. on MS, they would've expected to gain another victory point from MD/WD but the result tells different. So i think INA won't gambling on MD sector to play on 50:50 chance while they could've get 60:40 chance on Daddies/Minion. same strategy applies on WD. the other victory point would be on the wildcards for MS, XD which i think the odd still has 50:50. Final result 3-2 for INA (ignore result the WS sector lol) 4-1 would be just perfect
    What do you think?

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

injured because of extraneous training? a slip?

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

INA will field JC, Daddies, Towi/Kandow, Greysia/Rahayu and GMT -- can't rely on Fitriani.

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Between yesterday and today, can't Srikanth be ready in time for a match vs. CL/SYQ today?

7. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

If SK played against LZJ it might have been a different story.
    Then again if goh/lai get lucky with the game point they might have scored it.
    If soniia were to play maybe its a different story.
    If tan/lai were to play it might be a different story....

If if if... Fact is results stand and there is no if. Yea they might get lucky, but luck is not the only reason why they won.

Seriously some people gotta suck it up

LenaicM likes this.
  8. Nana

Nana New Member

Hmm.. maybe they assumed JC now at his best performance (can't tell much), I personally prefered Ginting. No doubt on MD/WD. on XD Owi/Kandouw?? wow that's kinda big risk, this new pair were untested yet (solid) play on big even as group matches, whatsoever. Well i hope they'd field Haf/Glo instead. on WS, they assumed GMK is more qualified to play on group match, but i personally think really lack of consistency and less performance. But who knows, everything can happen on court
    What the final result you think? and for whom?

9. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Fajar/rian's record against kim/rasmussen or boe are bad, I hope they choose ahsan/hendra for tomorrow match against denmark. ahsan hendra never lose against kim/rasmussen and their h2h record against boe are really good.

Nana likes this.
  10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Since Pramel already lost, i will go with Pramel again. Most likely they will win, they are just inconsistent. Of course if they lost again they wont play a match anymore.

Also i think Den will go with Antonsen. So Ginting will play. (regardless its AA/VA). JC is more suited to players like CTC/SYQ

11. Nana

Nana New Member

XD thing, i don't get your point. you risk to use a knive in a gun fight..while you still have a gun to equal the fight. that's simply called SUICIDE.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In my opinion, even if IND had fielded Srikanth instead of Sameer Verma, he is not a cinch to beat Lee Zi Jia especially when team tournament pressure has greater effect on the players than in individual events as is often the case.

Just look at what the 33-year-old Russian , Vladimir Malkov, did to Kenta Nishimito and Kantaphon Wangcharoen.

LenaicM likes this.
  13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Remember when ZSW/CQC lost 2 years ago in SC, they should have played in the Final. Its not easy losing twice in a row.

Also looking forward Hendra vs Boe for one of the last times in their career.

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Malkov is my player of the tournament. He made himself a name here.

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I will take experience and calm under pressure so I think Towi/Kandow is better than Haf/Glo

16. Nana

Nana New Member

that was totally a diff. story and hard to relate on this situation. We cannot rely on something that we can't assure of. Haf/Glo is more experienced, Mentally stable and well prepared in my opinion. Sorry but nope, no chance for Pra/Mel..They're even lost on the last match against Adcock's which was less favorite.

#356 Nana, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  17. Nana

Nana New Member

FW; talking about experiences..well actually this new pair lack of experiences, even tho' Owi is an experienced player (with Natsir) but now as a new pair is totally diff. Don't get it wrong i didn't say they couldn't win..but Haf/Glo is more experienced and well prepared in my opinion.

18. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Imagine if China and Malaysia were in same group and score is tied 2-2. And Lu Guangzu is playing against LZJ AND LGZ loses, wouldn't you or Chinese fans blame the management that they did not field SYQ or CL. Same case is here. I'm not taking anything away from Malaysia victory.

If and I'll say again IF, KS would have been chosen in place of SV then things MAY have been different for India. As someone has rightly mentioned here , that KS is not like LD, TH and LCW who would guarantee points for the team, but I would say again the team should have chosen KS who is the best MS player of Indian team inspite of being so inconsistent. It's all about fielding the best possible lineup period. Best case is of Japan who sent KN against Malkov. Imagine if Japan wouldn't have been a balanced time like India, Russia could have created an upset.

Anyways, let's move on from the past and look forward to interesting ties lined up tomorrow.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  19. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Imagine if China and Malaysia were in same group and score is tied 2-2. And Lu Guangzu is playing against LZJ AND LGZ loses, wouldn't you or Chinese fans blame the management that they did not field SYQ or CL. Same case is here. I'm not taking anything away from Malaysia victory.

If and I'll say again IF, KS would have been chosen in place of SV then things MAY have been different for India. As someone has rightly mentioned here , that KS is not like LD, TH and LCW who would guarantee points for the team, but I would say again the team should have chosen KS who is the best MS player of Indian team inspite of being so inconsistent. It's all about fielding the best possible lineup period. Best case is of Japan who sent KN against Malkov. Imagine if Japan wouldn't have been a balanced time like India, Russia could have created an upset.

Anyways, let's move on from the past and look forward to interesting ties lined up tomorrow.

20. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

Boe without Mo will be no match for MA/HS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.