Badminton in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by gaDEfan, May 6, 2007.

1. minions

minions Regular Member

Yeah, this is team event. CYF is not really being tested in team event. So, I think she might feel the pressure.

2. Head Heavy

Head Heavy Regular Member

With Watanabe resting the past two days, and the performance of SonoKamu today,
    the probability of seeing Watanabe doing double duty tomorrow increased :rolleyes:

Really curious about tomorrow's line-up and the order of play.

3. minions

minions Regular Member

Yeah, I think Watanabe will show his best form tomorrow. It will be interesting.

4. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

What if MS is the 4th match and Momota does not even get a chance to defend his country? Can this happen?

I still think we need a KamuEndo tomorrow and a WataMisa :p ... We all know WataHiga does not stand a chance against Huang/Zheng ... why not something crazy?

5. minions

minions Regular Member

From all of the possible order of plays, MS is always placed within the first three matches. We will get to see KM in action tomorrow.

Quentin11 likes this.
  6. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

^-^ You! Funny! Everything can happen because the chance is not 0%

Let I give you a confidence.

Japan will win XD tomorrow.

Quentin11 likes this.
  7. minions

minions Regular Member

Still upset at JPN's loss today. AY lost her lead and ended up losing. KM was inexplicably beaten to the ground by SYQ in G2 and G3. This is very crushing defeat. I wish the SC as held last year as JPN team was strong back then.

With this loss, I hope they can bounce back stronger in the future tournaments. Hopefully, all of them will be in their peak when OG Tokyo is up.

trizzforce likes this.
  8. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I am still not sure what to make of that debacle, but Bird Japan needs to reflect fairly seriously about what the cause of today's meltdown was. The team didn't look particularly dominant for most of the week and, despite the cute cheer-leading, even seemed somewhat despondent as a "team".

Gilliian Clark, during yesterday's match against Indonesia, mentioned how the national training session at the beginning of the year may have adversely affected the players' performances in the first couple of tournaments. Scheduling is, indeed, an issue, and this was a penetrating observation.

Just looking at the schedule surrounding the Sudirman Cup, we have:
    1) April 19-21: Training camp for New Zealand Open and BAC
    2) April 21-29, including travel: BAC
    3) April 28-May 6, including travel: NZ Open
    4) May 7-16: Training camp for Sudirman Cup
    5) May 16-27, including travel: Sudirman Cup
    6) May 29-June 2: Training camp for Australian Open
    7) June 2-10, including travel: Australian Open

Basically, in the space of 6-7 weeks, a large number of pivotal Team A players will only have only have had one day off (May 28).

Sure, a rigorous schedule such as this gives Japanese players an advantage in the form of increased stamina Unfortunately, however, players do not get adequate rest and relaxation, and thereby don't have adequate margins to spare to be creative, ... which is so important. And that is not even mentioning the increased possibility injuries, including the small, niggly ones.

Personally I think that today's crushing defeat team comes down, not only to the personal defects of the players, or even the strengths of their opponents, but also to the management of the team as a whole. Park Joo Bong has done wonders for Japan in the space of fifteen years; but fifteen years is a very, very long time. Considering the successes of the team, PJB has been given a fairly free hand in both the training regimen and the choice of coaches. It may be, however, that a fresh perspective is called for.

9. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

I'm not sure why Park didn't play Nishimoto against Thailand or Malaysia. That would have given Momota one less game to play, which would have left Momota more fresh against SYQ (I'm not saying to play Nishimoto for both Thailand and Malaysia though, because that would add to the risk of Japan losing). IMO, Japan had enough depth to cover in case Nishimoto lost.

10. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

True

11. terrynguyen121988

Coach Park did the best for the team, actually Park choice's is nearly the same with my choice except the case Akane played in semi final but not Nozomi. Nozomi can play to against Thai team or Indonesia team but Park wants to be safe and he let Akane play.

I was very disappoint with Nishimoto after he lost to the Russian guy. Before that, he lost to Lee Jii Zea. That is why Momota have to play againss Lee Jii Zea.

I hope Nishimoto can catch up with Momota. He can play Momota's game but don't copy 100% of it, because Momota was playing with left hand. There is something that he cannot do the same (come to Nishimoto's thread to see).

The best way is learn from Lee Chong Wei's style. Lee played with right hand.

12. Head Heavy

You're not the biggest fan of PJB, are you? ;)

I agree that the management has its share of responsability,
    but Tokyo 2020 is getting close: I wouldn't do anything drastic before that.

And as Gill said, maybe this is all part of the grand plan for Tokyo 2020,
    which is by far more important than the Sudirman cup.

It could be a blessing in disguise, refocusing everyone.

13. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

14. terrynguyen121988

Don't be sad.
    Uber cup: 1
    Thomas cup: 2
    Sudirman cup: 2

Quentin11 likes this.
  15. Head Heavy

For the record, this is what PJB said afterwards: “Yamaguchi was leading 11-6 but couldn’t continue from there. It was a big mistake. Kento played well in the first but slowed down in the second. He played every match except the first and he didn’t recover after yesterday’s late match. He tried to speed up but he couldn’t.”

And this is what XXZ said: “We had prepared for every scenario. It was out of our expectations that we would win 3-0. After the last Sudirman Cup final, we studied our weaknesses and strengths. We gained a lot of experience and that led to today’s success.”

I hope JPN will learn as much as CHN did from their defeat.

16. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

3-0 come on! That's a lie! ... you expected SYQ to beat KM? ... You believed he could do it ... not expected he would do it. :mad:

17. minions

minions Regular Member

I think XXZ didn't expect to win 3-0 against JPN.

18. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I think that he is slightly out of his depth when it comes to singles players. But that and team management are separate issues. Whatever the case, this is Japan, nothing drastic ever happens, ... until it is too late.

Playing every day is normal in tournament situations, especially for Momota, who often finds himself progressing to finals; is this already a case of accumulated fatigue?

19. terrynguyen121988

Kurako san! how do you feel if I say that Momota should lose some tournaments at the first round ?

I think he has a great comeback after his penalty because he is so fresh and practice much ?

20. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

He said he did not expect it to win 3-0..