TOTAL BWF SUDIRMAN Cup 2019 : Quarterfinal - FINAL (23-26 May)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, May 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samsara

samsara Regular Member

You sound pretty much the same as the news carried the Western mainstream media (MSM) nowadays, making strong accusation without any evidence, said only based on "some undisclosed sources"   :D:p

And indeed one can create many wild imagination based on such style.... the limit is one's own imagination and boldness to write as such with impunity :) lol

Set aside all the jocular mode, this one you posted contains hatred, making very silly, groundless accusation, inciting provocation! Very rude!!

#1181 samsara, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    nilesh123, Jeremy73 and gelopisan like this.
  2. Ethandack

Ethandack Regular Member

I was in Nanjing last year watching the final. The home advantage definitely benefits the home team.

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

stanleyfm likes this.
  3. 山口茜酱

山口茜酱 Regular Member

4. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

That's true, but sometimes I can't stomach it when my fav teams/players lose hehe better watch the replay sitting comfortably and happily :)

nilesh123 likes this.
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's what I thought at first. Deja vu as what happened in the last meeting when SYQ started in blistering pace to blow KM away in G1 but then ran out of gas to lose the match in three sets.

Fortunately, history didn't repeat itself this time as Shi Yuqi is masterful in G2 and G3. If I didn't hear him wrong, in his post-match off-court interview, he said towards the end that after losing G1 badly, he realized there are his other compatriots still to play and do what he failed to accomplish, then he relax and little, loosen up and started to play more decisively from G2 onward. What a dramatic turnaround it was for him as he was suddenly in his element and in the zone to overwhelm Momota in spectacular fashion !

samsara likes this.
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I was in disbelief, shocked.

7. dongdong00013

dongdong00013 Regular Member

The guy with glasses is CCTV's junior reporter
    The other one is Gong Weijie(龚伟杰). former CHN MS player.

#1187 dongdong00013, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    samsara likes this.
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Momota has proven himself capable of winning back-to-back strong tournaments, what's the problem with playing four matches in one week , not all of them consecutively ?

Even Chen Yufei is asked to do duty every round, all five, she was lucky to get a rest day on Saturday when she didn't have to play as CHN beat THA 3-0.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Any country or Member Association can bid for the tournament, why do most of them not do so even though they can well afford to, such as JPN, KOR, INA, MAS, IND, DEN ?

BWF is very appreciative that CHN is willing to host such a team championship for so many years.

nilesh123 and samsara like this.
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I guess, Shi Yuqi and his coaches have learnt from his previous defeat to Momota, going all out in G1 to trounce KM only to be running on empty the next two sets and lose it. Today it's a different story, I was taken aback too, completely.

samsara, skhai91 and nizze like this.
  11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

But then he won't be Momota. Still, at age 24, it's possible to transform his game , just like what Lee CW did after 2008 around age 26. In the past, notably, Sun Jun and Dong Jiong changed their playing styles mid-way through their careers.

12. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Momota is all about grindy game, if he tried to incorporate a fast attacking style, it might even make him more vulnerable than ever.
    He still lacks that fourth gear that LCW/LD had in their prime.

Justin L likes this.
  13. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

don't bother yourself to what commentators say.

Momota's game is fine. Just lose 1 or 2 matches and "he has to do this one", "he has to do that one".

So funny! the commentators!

trizzforce and Cunning Linguist like this.
  14. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    I just watched the game and I still can't believe seeing Momota self destruct. I've seen that a lot with LD losing interest in winning but how that happened with Momota is a big question mark.

15. samsara

samsara Regular Member

Thanks. I don't know this former player. He has nice looking and good built, and Wang Lin is gorgeous!

16. samsara

samsara Regular Member

I have the "impression" that Momota had higher playing speed at the beginning of his return after the punishment, incl in the previous TC, compared to today.

Perhaps age affects his speed!? A roughly 2-year lingering impression, but such observation can be inaccurate. Did not watch lately.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

But Shi Yuqi is not considered as Momota's equal and Chen Long often underperformed in team championships and again he lost here, not to mention Lu Guangzu - who else has CHN got ?

Frankly , Kenta Nishimoto and, I'd add, Kanta Tsuneyama are not bad. If not for KN's shock defeat at Vladimir Malkov's hands in the opening tie, his performance wouldn't have drawn so much flak and be dropped from subsequent matches. However, to put things in perspective, who would've expected Malkov to play above himself and, to be fair to KN, he also humbled the Thai up-and-comer, Kantaphon Wangcharoen, who still get selected for later matches. I supposed the Thai coaches are more understanding and forgiving after seeing how K Nishimoto too was bested by the Russian's once-in-a-lifetime performance.

By the way, I don't see Momota having any stamina issue; on the contrary,he is in his prime and his stamina is one of the very best.

18. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

The commentators also said that Japan was thrashed when it was far from being so. Given that akane should have won her game 80% of the time and it was a shock that momota lost. Depending on how the games are arranged you can win the first 3 and lose the next 2. 3 0 may not be a trashing if all 3 games were close. I dunno how ppl can be so "shocked " by the result. If akane who everyone expects to win especially after 1st set win and momota had 1st set win and was "on the way" to winning their match on hand but lost because of brain farts how can you say that china crushed Japan. The result could easily be a turn around. The commentators who commented really have low IQ. Seriously. They said that China crushed Japan? They really should find other jobs.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hmm...at age 24? I seriously doubt it, biologically speaking.

nilesh123 likes this.
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Can't blame the commentators or reporters who may write about it later, for the favourite to lose 0-3 and the unplayed two matches could go either way if played out albeit XD is CHN's strongest link, it's considered a crushing defeat, esp when Momota's reputation as a hotshot player is deemed a sure-win point for JPN. I'd say it's a matter of perception.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.