Shoes for toe draggers

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by kenner30, May 19, 2019.

1. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

i know this has been discussed before but any new recommendations? My shoe looks brand new outside of this hole and it's really hard for me to justify buying new shoes every 6 months.

ive been placing duct tape over it but it doesnt like to stay on.

Attached Files:

2. FiddelCastro234

FiddelCastro234 New Member

TEAM CANADA
    Lin dan can beat you without wearing any shoes, so as an amateur you should focus more on getting your skills better instead of focusing on fancy equipment. I suggest you keep quiet and be thankful for what you have .

#2 FiddelCastro234, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  3. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

I bet it's hard to justify buying new shoes when you don't actually need any new shoes. :D

It seems the structure of the shoe is still fine, which means it shouldn't affect how you play. If they still play fine, then simply keep using them until they actually fall apart. Otherwise, maybe you can patch it with a stiff piece of fabric, or if you have a blue sharpie simply colour it in.
    It doesn't have to look nice to play nice.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Jonas Rasmussen, former world champion, also used duct tape to tape over the easily worn area. unfortunately these days shoes are not all designed to protect that area. I'd suggest just keep using tape even when the shoes are new and change it when the tape is worn down.

#4 kwun, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  5. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

Are you dumb? Wtf does this have to do with anything? I work hard for my purchases. What I buy and what I appreciate in life is none of your business. Now get lost you bum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

If you actually looked at the hole, youd see it's all the way through the shoe. You can see my sox and my sox have literally been torn also....

7. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

Thanks for the reply. An actual good reply unlike some other ppl on here.

8. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

I did look. Though my lack of knowledge on the inner structure of badminton shoes had me thinking the white was some sort of fibre that's part of the inside of the shoe rather than a sock.

If you don't want to try and sew a patch on, then aside from duct tape you might try using superglue. Since the problem with the duct tape is that it keeps coming of, something with a stronger bond such as superglue could be the solution. Though superglue when dry isn't very flexible. Otherwise you might try rubber glue and put a rubber patch on. Some rubber glues will work on shoes.

9. augustas

augustas New Member

Back in my skating days this glue was a life/money saver.

It might work. Just put some kind of patch from the inside and fill the hole with glue.
    Same goes with the new pair. Apply a fine layer of glue on that area to prevent a tear in the future.

10. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Yonex Stability series (SHB02,03,Eclipsion) all have this outer rubber to protect for when you drag. I only managed to really run it thin but not finished or done after 1.5 years on the purple SHB01LTD. By then the shoe's rubber outsole and sides were all dying and splitting. So yup. My current SHB03MD still has so much "meat" left 1.9 years on. And the rubber sole is thinning due to use and all.

What do you know, while searching for pics I came across an old thread discussing this same thing and with my pics inside.
    Take a look, you'll get your answer. Although the mentioned shoe models are EOL in that thread of course, lol.

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...longest-lasting-upper-for-yonex-shoes.169436/

decoy likes this.
  11. cloudsat

cloudsat Regular Member

Mizuno wave fang RX and RX2 have this rubber "rhino skin" on the toe drag area. I'm a toe dragger too, and the rubber on the sole has always worn off before a hole opened on the toe area. I highly recommend Mizuno badminton shoes.