Victor replacement grommet

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by DinB, Jun 2, 2019.

1. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Hi, I'm pretty new to badminton and this is the first time I'm posting in this forum, so sorry in advance for the noob question :p

I broke the strings on my Victor Auraspeed 90s today. I cut them instantly and pulled out all the leftovers. When I returned home, I found out that one of the double grommets (second one next to the T-joint) was missing. I probably accidently pulled it out along with the strings.

My question is, are these double grommets common and do most badminton stringers have them? Also, are there different brands for grommets and do I need specifically the Victor ones or anything will do? I see on the Victor Taiwan website that they sell two kinds of double grommets (short one AC302C1, long one
    AC302C1). As I am currently in Paris, I don't think they will be available.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

2. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

You can use generic ones. Most boxes of no name grommets usually have 2 types\lengths of the Ushape grommet. Your stringer *should* have some.

3. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Thanks for your reply. My stringer said he only had single grommets. Will that make a difference or affect my racket? What are actually the differences between the single and double grommets?

4. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

Using single grommets is fine. They are sometimes used on cheaper rackets. The only thing is they're less durable than the double ones, but other than that there's no harm in using single grommets.