Help me get a racket with following specifications(2) (sorry this got merged from a different forum)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by HARSHA M, Jun 3, 2019.

1. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

Im on a hunt;) for a racket with following specs:

light weight (80g +/-2g)
    best handling and accuracy (stiff - very stiff)
    slight head heavy (285 - 295 balance point)

As u can i see im trying to hit a sweet spot between power and handling, so that i can develop my game further. I already own a head heavy, medium flex racket,so now im looking for a better all round racket :D

# In a budget of around $100 :rolleyes:

#1 HARSHA M, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  2. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Yonex Voltric FB (5U/blue version) ?
    Yonex Duora 10 LT
    Victor Jetspeed S 12 (4U version) ?
    It's hard to find anything that light and stiff with an even/head balance. Around 84g there are more options.

3. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

Great selection bro:), i think they r some of the best in class for what im looking for. Sadly i cannot afford them right now, they r costing around $200, i will consider them if i manage to get some crazy deals.

Are there any good options that cost around $100

sorry to make things complicated:(

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    You are asking for a JS10-ish racket or a 4U MX80, but can't spend the amount of money. Stiff-very stiff rackets are mostly the high ends. With your budget nearly impossible to find such a racket. Even with all money on earth light, stiff-extra stiff rackets are not produced across all brands and not in the lower budget. How do you confirmed that this specs will fit you? If you scale the stiffness down you will find something like AX9, which is a stiff, slightly head heavy 4U.

5. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

APACS are more budget friendly, do you have them available to you?
    But again, stiffness and price go hand-in-hand but there might be something light and stiff in the range. For example...

Blend Duo 88 but it is too flexible.
    Flyweight 73 but it might be too light (I don't fully trust the claims that the racket is really 73g unless you cut off the handle and remove paint)

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

The easiest way for you to find a good match between racket & your feeling is to go to the shop, try dry swing it, then if you feel good, check its stiffness.

With today racket choice, we hardly remember all the spec of each racket for each brand. & i agree with Ouchie to go for other brand outside the big trio (Yonex, Lining, Victor). The less famous brand still able to produce good quality racket & less demanding on your pocket. Try find racket from Apacs, Hiqua, Maxbolt, or Flypower. Few of my friend have it & its quite good racket. Their only problem is they had no inovation but well do you really feel the new tech improve your games? I guest not.

7. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

I totally agree with u have said bro, i know that stiffer rackets come at a price, u asked how i confirmed those specs, so here me out
    I already own a medium flex,head heavy,3u racket, it has plenty of power but often holds me back while playing doubles so thought of upgrading to a new racket and found AX 88S/ ARC 11 to be my ideal choice ( im assuming they dont need any introduction;)), but the one thing that held me back was their price of around 200 bucks, i could only afford around 100bucks. so started searching for some budget friendly options and i was disappointed with lower versions. So thats how i ended up posting this thread.

i made a mistake of assuming the lower range to AX 77 were medium to hi flex, thanks for suggesting AX 9(that was a hidden gem:))

Im happy to say that i found what i have been looking for, its AX 68S, its taiwan made version of the AX88S. CHEERS!:D

Its newly launched so had no idea about it ( no info on Yonex website), and although i saw it several times on shopping websites i ignored it thinking the range below AX77 was med- hi flex ( # stiffness comes at a price:p)

correct me if im wrong with anything i have said , u r always welcome

whats ur opinion on AX68S

waiting for ur reply :cool:

#7 HARSHA M, Jun 3, 2019
  8. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

not a fan of APACS bro, thanx for ur suggestion

9. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

Hi budi, we meet again:), ya u suggested me the same in an earlier post , i got a chance to try VT 1, VT 7, VT 10dg in a local shop. That time i was thinking of going more head heavy:oops:, i swung 10dg and it had the same feel of my turbo x50, VT 7 felt okkish, but man i swung that VT 1 (80gm) and i fell in love with it, although it was head heavy it was so fast and agile, then i realized to improve my game i dont need to go stupidly with more and more head heavy and thats how i started looking for a racket with above specs:).

#9 HARSHA M, Jun 3, 2019
  10. Swat

Swat Regular Member

FZ Forza has some nice rackets that should suit your requirements.
    I'm thinking of:
    Light 8 (78g, stiff, slight head heavy, around 100 usd in my area) - or -
    Light 9 (82g, very stiff, even balance)

11. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

JS10 4U or JS12 4U would be your closest bet I would think.