Yonex Aerotus 70 Replacement wanted

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by renew, May 31, 2019.

1. renew

renew New Member

Hello everybody,

I have been using a Yonex Aerotus 70 for the past 24 years. Back in the days I was young tournament player and had the chance to test rackets - and chose the Aerotus 70.

Now, a little older, I was still using it but decided to finally replace it (especially as the string just ripped ;)).

It is a 2UG3 racket and for me it was more on the (head) heavy side which I kinda liked. It has also some flex - especially if I compare it to my other Victor racket (Victor pioneer - even older than the Yonex).

So far I have only found the Yonex Duora Z-Strike to be available as 2UG4 (can play with Overgrips a little) but this one seems to be super stiff (so "no" flex).

Any recommendations given I am coming from the Aerotus 70.
    Price is not a real concern for finding the right racket - especially if you think I will have it 10+ years again. ;)

Thank you very much, br Rene

2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    2u duo10
    2u arc11

3. renew

renew New Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. Finally decided for an Astrox 99, had it in my hand. Great head-heavy feeling, even as 4U it doesn't feel too light for me. Got it with an BG66 Force (strung at 11,5kg).

Played for the first time today. Really liked it - but still need to get used to it. ;) Anyhow, I am happy with the decision! ;)