Suggest a good racquet to level up my game.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by HARSHA M, May 31, 2019.

1. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

Hi everyone, Im considering upgrading to an intermediate-advance level racquet, whats the best option among Voltric 5/7neo/8 etune; Voltric DG 1/2/7/10; ASTROX series; li ning (latest models) for around $100. # For AGGRESSIVE play style. share ur experience if u own any of these, also feel free to suggest any other good racquets.

I currently own a LI NING TURBO X50 G4

2. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Hi there

Li Ning Turbo series that starts with the numerical 5 and above are all intermediate/advance level racket. With your style of play and if you're deciding to upgrade (assuming your technique/swing strength/swing speed has improve) trying a stiffer racket can be one way. X 50 is a medium flex/head heavy racket. V5/VDG7/10 has stiffer shaft but with the same head balance specification with X50. You can try this racket and judge accordingly from your hit outcome before investing .

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

You said to improve your games. I could say racket wont give you significant improvement whatever how good their marketing word. Its not like games where you equip a knife & you deal little dmg, then switching to Excalibur you deal 9999 dmg rightaway. What matter is your skill & not the racket.

But if you look for other color of your games or you missing something on your current racket, then looking for other racket might be more reasonable.

For racket on your list,
    Voltric1DG - myfriend own it & have try it couple of times. Its good head heavy racket for smashing.
    Voltric10DG - never actually play with it & just dry swing it on the shop. Feel more head heavy than VT1DG.
    Astrox 7 - never play with it to & just dry swing it on the shop. For me it feel to light considering its 4U & slight heavy head.

But my suggestion for you to try dry swing it yourself on the shop. All suggestion here is relative to our own physical body & preference. To many factor & parameter that hard to be said 1 by 1 to give actual picture of the racket.

4. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

what do u think will be the best upgrade from my TURBO X50 G4 ( it has medium flex/slightly head heavy), im looking for a stiffer and more head heavy racquet. Im unable to decide among the voltric series. Astrox series is pretty confusing (dont even know if its any better than voltric). whats ur opinion on Li ning 3D CALIBAR, Li ning Ultra Strong series are they better than voltic/astrox.

As u see im in a dilemma, so im hoping ur experience helps me in picking the best

5. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

:)i agree with what u said about #knife,Gun,Skill. My TURBO X50 G4 has medium flex/slightly head heavy(u can even say its balanced), im looking for a stiffer and more head heavy racquet so that i can deliver more powerful smashes:cool:. What would u choose if u r in my position;):D

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Voltric 10DG is kinda stiffer & more head heavy. But it is compact frame. Not a bad thing, it just you need better accuracy on hitting the sweet spot.

Then im kinda interest on Astrox 68D. Stiff & head heavy. To bad unable to found one here, so cant tell a thing about it, tho his high end brother 88D feel really good on dry swing. Head heavy & easy to manouver.

Or add another racket outside what you mention. Victor Thruster K770HT. My 2nd racket, stiff & head heavy.

Again all of it is on me with my physical body, mind, & preference. It might suit you or it might not even close to your liking. So better you go to shop & try dry swing it like you doing clear, drive, or smash & feel its swing weight/momentum.

7. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

thanx for ur opinion bro, will definitely give them a try if i can find them in a shop.:)

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

no problem bro.
    A month ago im also in your situation, looking for my 2nd racket & it takes me almost 3 month till i decide on TK770HT.
    Choosing racket nowadays is very confusing than the old day. So many brand, variant, & different technology.

Back than my eye look on Voltric 7DG/10DG, Astrox 7/9/68D, 3D Calibar 200/300. Reading each review on the budget end racket is hard to find & even when you found one you will be more confuse as there will always hate & love there. Going from one shop to other shop to try also tiring as not all available to see. Trying AX7 but to light for me, found VT10DG but dislike the color. Then 1 shop show me this TK770HT. It feel good & 1 week later i decide to go for it & love it when try it on the court.

9. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    The only absolute answer to this choosing dilemma is to search and then practically try by yourself all of those listed racket and then access in depth all the outcomes from all your hitting departments when trying those racket.

I can recommend to you a brand A racket that has all the preferred physical specifications which ideally matched as well with your physicality and playing style via my playing experience but an ideal racket that blends well in my hands doesn't necessarily blend well with you and vice versa.

Therefore, you need to search/borrow those listed racket and try yourself to come into that ultimate decision that is which one that suits well with you. This definitely maybe ain't an answer you're expecting but one must understand, you must treat your racket not as a tool but beyond that like as an extension of your forearm. This is true bcoz, your racket is the only physical thing that connects you as a player to that incoming birdie while you're in court preparing yourself to make those hit. Therefore you need to take all the time to deligently decide which suits well even if it's a lengthy process bcoz in the end finding an ideal racket that eventually suits well with you gives you the reward that only you can appreciate it. My advice, take your time and access diligently.

10. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

thanks for ur advice sir. i realized how stupid i was going for more and more head heavy, so i evaluated what fits me the best and now i have decided to get ASTROX 68S (since i could not afford AX 88S, which i consider as the best all rounder racket):D

11. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

if anyone is curious y i have decided to go with AX 68S they can follow my posts which r created after this.;)

12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    @HARSHA M , please stop to create multiple threads to find a new racket. You opened 5 threads within 4 days with the same request. 4 threads too much. Read or ask in the threads of a specific racket or make just one thread to get the answers you wanna get. You are a new member since a week and very close to become annoying. Don't get me wrong, I mean this in a good manner, with a friendly mood :) , but more threads, don't mean that you get more or quicker answers. It will result in the opposite like "Oh no not him again and again and again, I don't read."

13. HARSHA M

HARSHA M Regular Member

ya sure i get u, actually i wanted to post the same post in two different forums #Racket Recommendation / Comparison,, #
    Badminton Rackets / Equipment, but for some reason it merges the two, thats how they all ended up in a same forum, looking annoying to u guys.
    I totally understand ,respect ur opinion, sorry for the trouble:)
    any way i found what i have been looking for, so no more troubles:D

i even thought of deleting my early posts, but then i felt like maybe someone could find something useful out of it:oops:

#13 HARSHA M, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    llrr and ucantseeme like this.