APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

If you want to talk about big trios categorisation just look what li-ning is doing with their naming scheme... and how victor/yonex churn out gazillion rackets of the same line without most important features of that line - so completely different rackets just with different numbers,
    and your statement simply can not be applied to manufacturer, thus your hate is very irrational as all hates :D

2. ThangPham

ThangPham New Member

Apacs racket for smash guy?

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

well at least when im looking for a racket (my typical would be 3U, BP>295, medium stiff. Only recently im tickled to try stiff & found new love),
    Looking on Yonex i know that i should look for Voltric/Astrox series range.
    Looking on Victor i found what im looking is on Thruster K series.
    Looking on Lining is more tricky but still i manage to find 3D Calibar or any of the series on Combat category.

Yes even tho i had the series, it still bias but at least i dont need try dry swing a whole racket on the store. Using those bias info i can narrow down my choice to Yonex AX7/9/68D, Victor TK770/TKHMR, Lining 3D Calibar 200/300.

But while looking on Apacs, Mizuno, Flypower, Maxbolt, etc i really had to see each of their product to check what im looking for. Like above question about commander & assailant, no categorization or at least clear info.

Lastly, i didnt hate the brand. If i feel its good on swing, i might buy it regardless the brand. I just hate how i have to look on those tons of product to find what im looking for. Afterall if you have work on manufacturing you would know that the big brand good thing is their standarization & maintaining quality of their product range. What poor for the low brand is their standard to make the same quality on each of their product.

4. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

You have stated here lots of not true things:
    - Yonex/Victor never discloses BP of there models, so actually you really do not know what line to look at (you specs falls into nanoray/nanoflare area as well)
    - Head heaviness varies a lot in both of these manufacturers lines, they even change specs based on manufacturing time - for example AX99
    - Both of these manufacturers discloses like minimum info about their rackets, only marketing BS mostly, so that is why they can produce whatever they like
    - On the contrary most of the smaller manufacturers specify their rackets to much greater deal, and commander/assailant specs are very clear with BP/stiffness and weight
    - Actually You wrote in your previous response that You hate anything outside big trio

5. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

And please do not trash Apacs thread with talks how big trio are so so great and all the rest sucks, please keep to the topic thanks

6. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Only after you mentioned (1) did i realized that indeed, yonex for one, doesn't mention anything about BP of their rackets in any if their sites. So, where do all those BP specs come from for many of the YY and V rackets that we quite consistently know of?

(2) Now that's another kind of abstract info to solve, altho i'm under the impression that the basis for measuring the head heaviness of any racket brand is still whatever were the claimed values published.

(3) what do you mean by this?

(4) somehow i get the impression that if YY or V were just disclosing some marketing BS, could it be that the small mabufacturers are actually doing the same thing if not worse by aping some of the bigger players' tachie claims?

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Chill out Martynas, i didnt trash APACS.
    The truth im a fanboy of no one. Not just racket but any product (phone, shirt, etc). As long its good then i take it whatever the brand. Afterall my racket history is colorfull (Yonex, Lining, Babolat, Victor). What i dont like from it is how they just list their racket to make me need to see 1 by 1 of their racket which is alot to find which im looking for.

For others, yes Yonex didnt tell the exact BP & they just said head heavy & just it. But looking on the chart would be simpe enough for me to see where i should look at. For Victor they even tell it on their website categorize speed/power/balance. On Lining its more tricky as their categorization is kinda confusing but reading the describtion of each type you can tell 3D calibar series or combat model.

Then how would i know that those racket from my narrowed list is the spec i look? Actually i dont know. But at least what im looking for is head heavy for sure & there is where my journey going from 1 shop to other shop from east to west of my city. Not all shopkeeper have good knowledge of what they sell which hardly able to give some advice so going in a blind would makes me end up trying dry swing every racket on the shop but the list help me for it. So far on my journey, only 1 shop whos the keeper also a player & able to show me some other racket (Maxbolt) that i might be interested & he even borrow me few of his own racket with 1 shuttle cork to try stroke outside his shop.

As i said it still bias info but that bias info can lead me bit by bit to where i should look. Yeah i know there might be some gold i would miss in other area like on Arcsaber or Bravesword or maybe Turbo Charging that i didnt look at, but at least with those bias info i can narrow my choice instead looking on the sea of racket display/list.

8. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

9. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Looking for a slightly stiffer version of the z ziggler and with more head weight while remaining 4u.. any suggestions??

10. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

with such compact head only pro version should be stiffer, with much bigger heads: tantrum, blend pro s I/II, virtuoso pro

11. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

I read somewhere the assailant pro will be released in 3u, can anyone confirm? Mmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

13. Carbonex_7

Yes.

Specially designed for the Champions of Men's Double in Australian Open 2019, Ko Sung Hyun & Shin Baek Cheol.

1. Frame Material: Japan Graphite
    2. Shaft Material: Japan Graphite
    3. Frame Type: Aero Box Frame
    4. Shaft Diameter: 6.8 mm
    5. Weight: 87 +/- 2g (3U) or 84 +/- 2g (4U)
    6. BCP: 293 +/- 3mm (Slightly Head Heavy)
    7. Flex: 8.5 (Medium)
    8. Length: 676 mm
    9. Grip: G1 & G2 (Asia Middle East)
    G4 (America, Europe, Ukraine, UK)
    10. Grommet System: 76 holes
    11. Max Tension: 38 lbs (17.2kg)

boon_keng and TigerSmash like this.
  14. Carbonex_7

A 4U Tantrum 200II would be very close to the new Pros beside the shaft stiffness.

15. Carbonex_7

Ziggler LHI Pro. That would cost 2-3 times more than normal Zig.

16. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I'm quite impressed with the assailant pro and pro commander rackets. Have been paying them for the last few weeks. Good feel.

17. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

how does it feel comparing with the astrox 88D 4U ?

18. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I only have the 88s. It feels just as fast, easy transfer of power. 88s probably has more control and precision. But the pro rackets are more forgiving and easier to manage.

19. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Currently using the 88D 4U, but I’m thinking to change racket as I find it too stiff for my elbow, so I am looking at the assailant pro and it is rated as medium flex so maybe it’s more suitable for me

20. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

*sigh*
    Why do they do this? Average hand size may be bigger but it doesn't mean we don't want a smaller handle or that only giants play badminton.