Adidas Badminton racquets 2018

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ditbayki, Apr 22, 2018.

1. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

I personally have the Wucht P5. its a pretty good racquet. i managed to pick it up at about half the retail price so it was a good pickup...i think tho, it might not be the racquet for me. out of a 7 point grade system on stiffness, it showed 4/7 so i thought it would be close to medium flex, but i find my smashes have lost power. on the occasion where i put in 110% of my power into the smash, it goes like crazy but im not too strong and im not trying to go 110% for every smash lol i think it will be a perfect backup racquet for me...looking at astrox 77 right now (cant do 88 or 99 since its stiff)

2. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I was wondering if there was any updates on the overall quality of these rackets. I was looking possibly into the F5.

I currently switch between JS12/TKF/AX88s

I just assumed the F5 would be the closest to these 3? Any info would be amazing!!

3. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I have a P8 and a F5. The F5 plays super fast and has plenty of pop. Very open string pattern as well as a PAIN IN MY BUTT to string (you better be in good terms with your stringer). Unless they updated the pattern on the F5 I would not get it unless you string your own or your are close buddies with a stringer.

I have mine strung up with the Adidas Uber yellow string and it plays ok. I think the string are just OK. I like Ashaway better (better feel and not as slick). I'm going to put ZM62F on it today and try it out on Wed session.

4. dickography

dickography Regular Member

024B5D4F-AB34-43B4-96FE-387B448C2667.jpeg

just got the kalkul A2, played 6-7 sessions with it. Felt good, I came from apacs z ziggler & mizuno carbosonic 75. the build is pretty much on par with lining mid-end rackets, solid and the paint job is excellent. the con maybe for me is longer shaft/short grip if compared to other rackets. but i think i’m not just used to it.

This one got lighter head, pretty much helps me in front court department. Shaft is medium stiff, but stiffer than the rackets mentioned above. suprisingly for me, being head light frame, the power is there. Felt better than my other rackets.

Just ordered wucht P3 since i got half the price online. Still on its way, though. Hope it will be decent also.

#104 dickography, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  5. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I know nothing about string patterns but my pro shop I go to does string for Canadian national badminton tournaments. That said I have never seen an adidas racquet in Canada.

How would we know if the pattern was changed on newer ones?

6. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I'm not saying that they can't do it (rackets come with a stringing booklet which is nice!). It's a 74 hole pattern.
    Problem is that it's a pain because the cross starts at the bottom, then on the 4th cross goes up as the last outer main to 13th top and across, back down and then continue weaving up.

7. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

Look what happened :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. dickography

how did it happen? racket clash?

9. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

I went for a smash and I felt it loosen. I Dunno if it’s a defect or if I’m not taking care of my racket

10. dickography

Maybe you got a defect one.

my Kalkul A2 got racket clash several times, and recently i thrown it accidentally when i went for a back hand. it flew in hard to the court next to mine (the court surface was ceramic/porcelain). no crack, not even a paint chip. maybe i was just lucky

11. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

Ended up getting a full store credit!!!! Added some money on top and got the hypernano x900. Wanted sometime more even balanced

12. dickography

Has anyone tried Wucht P3 and can compare it to lining N9ii?

is it has similar character to N9ii in term of smashing power from backcourt and allrounderness?

13. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

And you said something about the rackets, but any updates on the strings? Any comparison? I'm more of a BG80 and G-Tone 5 guy, any string I should try or avoid?

14. speCulatius

If anyone is interested, here's the badminton line up for adidas europe. I don't know what exactly I'll be able to get my hands on, but it should be some shuttles, at least one string, a bag and some rackets, hopefully. We'll see.
    The catalog doesn't have a whole lot information as it's supposed to be a quick overview, there'll be more information and marketing once they're available, but that shouldn't take much longer, hopefully. I'm exited to try some rackets and to see if these shoes last longer than the ones @s_mair has/had. I like the dark red color, I don't like that there's no matching shirts. My feelings about this line up are mixed, to be honest. I like the clean looks, I like most (if not all) of the products (seeing them, haven't had the chance to try anything yet), but when I see something on a big picture, I would like to find that product somewhere in the catalog, but that's not the case here.
    Some information that I was missing is the max. recommended tension:

Wucht P7/8 recommended up to 14.5 kg
    other Wucht & Kalkül recommended up to 13.5 kg
    Übershall (due to slimmer frame) recommended up to 12 kg

s_mair likes this.
  15. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Pretty weird catalog...they do show the Wucht P8 shoes on the pictures but not in the product lineup. Same about the racketbag? Otherwise there are some nice products .

16. speCulatius

Exactly what I wrote them immediately after seeing the catalog, "The line up looks good, so why to you show something else on the pictures?" I actually asked if this was the final version and if I could share it, because of this....

My feedback was received, I do kind of understand how that happened, but in my opinion this should not happen. Still, the answer I got shows that they're putting a lot of thought in this and not to overdo it and then drop it again.

With the P8 shoes missing, the most expensive shoe in the Badminton catalog is developed as a handball shoe (where they say it's a narrower fit, but unisex, now they say it's for women). I don't mind this at all, but I did notice it.

I have the hope that the P5.1 shoes are a pleasant surprise if they're selling under their RRP which would be 100€.

From those who have had the chance to compare some rackets, can someone explain me the racket pricing? Why is the P7 60€ "better" than the A5/F5, for example? I mean that's what the chart suggests. Specs wise, the P8 should compare to a ZFII, but the RRP is quite a bit higher than what the ZFII sells for. That might be too optimistic by Adidas.

17. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I think the pricing is set globally to match the market, to me that lives i Sweden looks the pricing pretty normal...here are the recommended ZFII price like 240€ but the real sellsprice is 180€, and I belive that the P8 holds the same high caliber as ZFII.

And the P5.1 is worth every penny you can afford with, the best badminton sole I’ve had.

18. speCulatius

It looks the same like the sole of the P7.1, that's what I was hoping for.

I think we have to wait for the other RRP [real retailer price] for all of these. I remembered the RRP of the ZFII to be around 170 (I think it was even less at the beginning), but the sinned catalog really said 210. But still, assuming a player likes both rackets, cannot decide, the price is the same, would he choose a trusted badminton brand or a newcomer that wants to enter the market. Adidas might not be the typical newcomer, but they still have to show that it's worth it. Going with the same price like the leading brand is (again) optimistic. I think all the reviews here have already built some trust and I hope that after trying their rackets, I can agree that they're worth it.

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The outer sole of my P8 shoes were the best that I've seen so far in terms of grippiness. So if the P7.1 or 5.1 come with the same sole and don't have the issue with the boost stuff, then they should be great shoes - especially looking at the fair RRP of 100 EUR.

Speaking of maufacturer's RRPs in general - just ignore them and wait until the products are listed in the shops. There is no way that a P8 will show up with a 200+ EUR price tag. I expect they will line in with Yonex and other higher end rackets and put it around 150 EUR in reality. But I agree that even that is fairly optimistic for a newcomer brand in the market.

speCulatius likes this.
  20. sami

sami New Member

Does anyone know if Adidas has yet officially launched product lineup in Europe? I couldn't find from any online store in Europe which I am aware of. I am interested about new rackets and possibly bag for moving badminton equipment since I mainly commute by cycling. I have already bought Uberschall F1 from Hong Kong earlier this year and would like to try different one.