APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Y_Badm

Y_Badm New Member

One last thought....
    Should I go for Honor 200 or Z Ziggler....
    Doubles/occasional singles...

2. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Thanks, but they don't have the popular selections like lethal 70, or the newer honor series :(

3. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

If buying from Malaysia is an option to you after considering the (shipping + import tax), I can PM you the store that we usually get ours.

4. Carbonex_7

I thought I have said it all about H200. I can't suggest anything without knowing what is your playing style and level of competitiveness.

5. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Never liked the Ziggler series. Compact head like the voltric. Smaller sweet spot.

6. Carbonex_7

This is an entry level beginner racket.

7. hieucdub

hieucdub Regular Member

are there any place that sells Lethal 70 nowadays?

8. WhitePants

WhitePants Regular Member

Was looking to buy the Assailant Pro but it was unavailable so I'll have to be contented with the Pro Commander instead. Design of the Pro Commander kinda reminds me of my old Yonex VT70 but this one has Shin Baek Cheol's signature on it:cool:. Gonna test it out tomorrow and tell you guys how I feel about it:confused:

#6988 WhitePants, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    boon_keng likes this.
  9. WhitePants

So I've tested the Apacs Pro Commander today and I'll say it's not yet to my liking. However I must put it across that everyone has their own personal preferences for rackets so some of you may like this racket. I've owned a couple of rackets namely BS12(3U), JS10(4U), VT-70(3U), AS11(3U), AX88S(3U) and this Pro Commander(4U). I know there's a big following for the BS12 and JS10 on this forums (which is why I bought them in the first place) but I actually disliked both of the Victor rackets and sold them off within 3months. Dry swinging the Pro Commander actually feels good but when I went to court with it, I felt that it was too light for me. I am coming from using mainly the AX88S in 3U at the moment and when I switched to the Pro Commander, I actually had some timing issues. Definitely, as I played on I adjusted to how the racket works and everything became better.

Clears were pretty effortless on this racket given how well the frame swings through the air. Drop shots were pretty good as well with good technique. When it came to smashing, I initially had my shots floating because I just couldn't get used to the lightness of the racket(bare in mind it's both a 4U and rather even balanced racket). However soon enough I could get both steepness as well as power. Despite my successes in producing powerful smashes with this racket, at the back of my mind I wished this racket was slightly beefier. On to drives, the 4U aspect of the racket combined with a shaft that I would describe as slightly less than medium stiff was very easy to manoeuvre but I don't feel as accurate and sharp in my drives as compared to the AX88S. I must say the AX88S is really fantastic for drives. Defence wise the racket is pretty good but as I've said I had to really get used to the timing issues due to the difference in weights of the rackets. I will not comment too much about netting because I feel that it's alot more about touch and technique rather than the racket itself since you don't really swing the racket all that much.

Overall I won't hate on this racket just yet because it's still a great racket especially for those looking for an easy to use racket. I decided to buy this racket despite knowing it's a 4U because I wanted to have a lighter racket to switch into after playing for long hours. I am sure as I get more games in with this racket it will grow on me more. I might experiment with adding some strips of lead tape on the head of the racket like what I've done on my VT-70 and it might become another beast altogether.

terrynguyen121988 and boon_keng like this.
  10. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    Hi @Carbonex_7
    I got so obsessed with what you did with the H800EP and it becoming an H200 beast. I took it further by also taking out 3mm from my AVP to make all 3 rackets 672mm in length..
    I would say that H200 will be my niche level doubles racket when i am up against overly offensive minded opponents for the defense and counter attack but overall in doubles, singles and mixed doubles I will go with my modified AVP..
    I know there is some bias on my side having 3+ yrs playing with AVP and having that "feels like home" feelinh, but suffice to say i will be putting up my unmodified H800EPs up for sale.
    The H800EP does not suck, for one it bombs down smashes with good technique and familiarization with the racket (sweet spot, timing, managing racket lag due to stiffness and structure, etc..), it's just thay AVP caters to my needs more than H800EP.

I've attached some pics lining up the 3 to their throats and you can see a good 6mm difference in shaft length between H200 And AVP.

Cheers.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Carbonex_7 likes this.
  11. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Do you know what’s the difference between the assailant pro and the commander pro? I check on the specs online and it’s identical

12. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

I think it is just the cosmetic.

13. Thebestbees

Oh really ? Thought it would be different

14. WhitePants

The shop owner I bought from told me it was just a cosmetic difference and encouraged me to buy the Pro Commander when the Assailant Pro wasn't available in the shop. Not too sure if it's really the case or he just wanted me to make a purchase there that day. Doesn't really make sense to me though for Apacs to be making 2 player model rackets with exactly the same specs but different cosmetics. Unless SBC and KSH have the exact same preference of rackets?

15. Thebestbees

I’m leaning towards the fact that apacs wouldn’t be making 2 identical rackets too..

16. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

Which shop?

17. Thebestbees

Shaft diameter of the Assailant Pro is at 6.8 mm whereas the commander pro is at 6.7mm

18. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

Ya, agreed. Just read somewhere. The difference is only the shaft diameter.

19. Carbonex_7

20. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Hi brothers,

I came across a good combo deal online for Virtuoso Pro and Virtuoso Pro II Firdasari. My question is for those who have played with these 2 rackets, is there any significant difference between the 2. From the spec sheet, it seems VPro is much stiffer than VPro II. Appreciate your sharing. Thank you.