Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

The specs I saw indicated light'ish balance point but at the top end of 3U in weight. Stiffness unknown, but it's unlikely to less stiff then N7-2.

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I placed an order for Turbo Charging 75C from Indian sports website https://www.sportsuncle.com, They told that these rackets are breaking very easily, my racket broke while stringing. They told all new rackets are breaking very easily, even 3D Calibers and Aeronauts. I want to ask you guys if anyone experienced this issue with new racket models. I am scared and disappointed now.

Please reply.

Thanks.

#5422 Sumanth99, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  3. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

Strung the new 1 TC, 1 AEN, 1 Calibar at 27lbs plenty of times, no issues. Ask them if their Li-Ning are original China or original Bombay

Sumanth99 likes this.
  4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Gorgeous design once again. But I'm also a bit clueless when it comes to what the racket should be. The TC70/75 range is so packed, that I don't see any real gap that a TC70C could fill.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  5. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I've strung a couple Calibar 900s at near 30 lbs several times. And strung a TC75C and Aeronaut 9000C at the same tension once each. Knock on wood, but I've never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Saru and Sumanth99 like this.
  6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I am now even more unsure if I can get genuine Li Ning Rackets here

7. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

What else did they say? Was it a tactic to try and get you to purchase another brand or are they delaying as they are waiting for stock? Did they issue a refund immediately?

Sumanth99 and ucantseeme like this.
  8. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I think the stringer could be at fault too, I had bought mine from flipkart and have strung them several times(2xN7II, 1x N9II, 1x N80II) none showed any issues(have had some nasty clashes too).

Sportsuncle.com is a reputed website I had got my AX88D from them, it has been the one out of the bunch, which had its worst moments( lots of clashes and paint chips), still goes great though, no cracks, nothing.

Was the stringer a reputed one, also what was the tension you ordered for? TC75C is a beefed up & stiffer version of the N9II, so I do expect it to have much more tensile strength than the N9II, I could never think about it breaking during the stringing process until and unless the way of doing it was improper or the tension being too high(this is less probable to happen). Also do ask that seller that if he knew such thing that Li Ning stuff is breaking(which really sounds idiotic to me) why is he selling those things in the first place? Also do ask them for a warranty, they do provide that, it is written on their website.

Anyways I am deeply sorry for your loss, I know how costly it is to get a high end racquet in India, also if bought holds a special place for one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sumanth99 likes this.
  9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That sounds either like they want to push other brands (or dislike LN for some reason) or are completely inept at stringing, although the latter would affect all brands....I had no issues whatsoever with any LN rackets and haven't heard anything either. The original stuff is very sturdy and they have some of the highest tension warranties in the market, several models going up to 30lbs (or is it even more now?)...mine handle 29 without any issue whatsoever. If yours broke during a string job at less than 33lbs, the 2 possibilities in my mind are that it was a fake or that the stringer is a complete moron. Or they string on a 2-point support machine, which would be bad as well. Maybe they're trying to paint their incompetence as someone else's fault.

#5429 j4ckie, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    s_mair, Sumanth99 and ucantseeme like this.
  10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Each shop who has products of a brand instore, which will cause trouble, will try to get rid of them in a discounted deal and won't offer them anymore.

The LN frames design concepts are nothing new. The Calibar frame has its roots in the N80, The aeronaut its roots in the N55/N50III and the Turbocharging in the N9/N7. The concepts are nearly a half decade to a decade on the market. A construction error? Never. Only possible reason would be the graphite quality or a production defect. All Li Ning rackets are superb in terms of quality. I never seen a LN with a handle which makes strange noises or anything else. Also during stringing I never experienced a Li Ning frame deforming, which happens to some Carltons, Dunlops and a Gosen which I strung.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  11. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I guess stock issues, when I asked them to send me the pics of broken racket they told that they just sent it back to the company, which I doubt they did it so fast. They did refund immediately. The racket was broken in their hands as I chose their stringing service while buying.

12. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I chose stringing service from sportsuncle.com. They refunded me though. The guy told me that all the LN rackets in the current lot are faulty even 3D Calibers, and Turbo Chargings.

Thanks for your concern.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  13. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I want to buy from racketforce or e78 but I am afraid of the customs, especially in Kolkata who are well known for being nasty and corrupt to core

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Interesting mini saga going on. I'm surprised they still have issues though. They've had the turbocharging and 3D break wind frames for a long time already. One would think they'd be stable at this point . But then again the only new LN I own atm is the 7000 and I don't use it nearly enough to do it any justice or to give feedback on any quality issues.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

15. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Looking Forward.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You didn't read everything, right? Because all the proof for these issues is the word of a single shop owner nobody knows personally, who didn't back up these claims at all...
    Honestly, to me it sounds like a straight up lie. I haven't heard anything of the sort, neither here nor in real life, and it seems weird to me that everything should be perfectly quiet yet this one shop in India has found out that ALL 'new' rackets (80% of which aren't new) have serial issues.....

Saru, Sumanth99, decoy and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I did read them. When have I not been thorough =P I'm just saying in a nice roundabout way that they've had too many years with the frametypes out in the market now to not have fixed any problems that are supposedly happening.

I didn't want to go with the "this is straight up ****ing bullshit" route.

ucantseeme likes this.
  18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ah. I read your diplomatic post the other way entirely :D

ucantseeme likes this.
  19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Aye. I could have worded it better. I honestly want to own a 900C and 900B but the prices are just too majestic (even used) for poor me to stomach..

Saru, ucantseeme and robfitsy like this.
  20. Bison75

Bison75 Regular Member

i´ve strung TC75C and N9II more times with 27-29 lbs - no issuses....very stable frame

ucantseeme likes this.