voltric z force 2 4u vs astrox 88d 4u

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Riviere102, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Riviere102

Riviere102 New Member

I have used victor thruster f 4u with bg 80 power @25lbs for about half a year now and mainly played double. I liked the swing speed I got from this racket, the power and control that I got from this racket is also satisfying but, somehow I find that I cant generate enough power when playing shots from the baseline and I thought to myself that maybe I'm lacking in power or technique. However, recently I got the opportunity to test my friends voltric z force 2 4u with the same string spec and I can hit shuttle from baseline to baseline with ease, and surprisingly I can feel the weight at the top of the racket, which I can't with my thruster f despite being head heavy. So does that mean I should change to the vtzf2 4u or opt for a lighter option like astrox 88d 4u?

2. Feiz firdaus

Feiz firdaus New Member

I think, you must trying astrox 99 too.
    if you playing single only, you can choice VTZF II

but if you soetimes playing double, I think you must choice astrox. astrox 88d or 99 very usefull, shaft stiff and have a good power.
    and for your information astrox 88D more than stiff than astrox 99, but if you like head heavy, you can choice astrox 99.
    and you can use string Nanogy 98 with 28lbs or bg66UM 29.5lbs.

3. inthisspace

inthisspace New Member

Beware that the Z Force II can be very straining on the arm for long periods of play. You may not feel it at the beginning or with just a few swings, but try using it for 2 hours or so, and the strain really sets in. I suggest you try it for an extended play time before committing to this racket. I know clears are effortless, but this is when you are fresh. Alternatively, get a backup racket to fall back on when your arm tires.

4. laistrogian

laistrogian Regular Member

Student
    IMO 88D 4U is always the safest option that you can sell easily if you don't like it.

Since you basically know you already like HH racket, the rest simply depends on your taste.

You should borrow someone's 88D 4U to try, there's at least one in any of the club :D

5. boby

boby Regular Member

I use both, and think want to buy another's vtzf2 4u as spare coz I'd love it and maybe there's no racket would have similar taste like it.

ax88d 4u is good, easy, and fun racket to use. Imo it's one of the best 4U double player racket which never wrong to choose.

6. laistrogian

laistrogian Regular Member

Student
    There’s also AX99 4U which might be better if you like to use thicker grip

My 88D 4U with thick grip lose it’s HH feeling

AX99 might also be a better slugger since it’s more HH and at least according to the matrix, a bit more flexible

7. boby

boby Regular Member

Yes, ax99 4U is heavier head than vtzf2 4U, i try dry swing at shop side by side. My hand can't tolerate more, even feel heavier than others ax88 3U version. Imo the extra slim shaft vtzf2 work good in this case.

With additional overgrip would help, but currently I've good setup for my racket, which remove original grip then put 3 layer cushion wrap plus ac102ex.