Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    China 2 down and has to win the next 3 matches. But well done Thailand

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

3. antssantss

Retired
    Well done Indonesia and Thailand for beating Korea and China. Well desrved victorys.
    Chinas hasnt produced good singles players. Thailand and Korea are doing much better.
    A careful look at the coaches in this department is surely warranted. The sooner the better!!

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Huang YX last week headline was mostly caused by Kento Momota below par performance. Can't believe CBA still registers him regularly to BWF tournaments, I thought China standard is very high, poor talent scout. Xia XZ gets headache suddenly following his golden boy Shi YQ severe ankle injury.

#2504 CLELY, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  5. antssantss

Retired
    In the Asian junior championships a more experienced Ye Haokun lost in the first round to Kok Jing Hong, whilst two rookies, WangYi Fan and Dong Tian Yao progressed to the next round. But they will meet strong resistence in the 6th and 2nd seeds respectively, tomorrow.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I've a feeling Chen Xiaoxin may be poised for a breakthrough anytime soon - I like the way she played to demolish Yeo Jia Min, by no means an easy meat. CXX usually has a tendency to rush her game but in today's match she appeared a bit more patient, steady and less error-prone while in attack she seemed more forceful and sharp.

I'll be watching her closely.

antssantss likes this.
  7. antssantss

Retired
    Justin.Is there a recording of Chen Xiaoxin v Yeo Jia Min? I couldn't find it in Youtube or dreamsports.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I managed to catch it on Zhuafan.live, from G2 actually but it's enough to impress me. Not available on youtube yet, hope somebody post it later.

9. antssantss

Retired
    Thanks Justin. I hope so.

10. antssantss

Retired
    Wow, Dong Tian Yao, at 15 years and 9 months, a rookie, beat Christian Adinata the 2nd seed in 3 sets in the AJC. He must be a talent as AC is a seasoned junior and was expected to do well.. Thats why it was a surprise that these two rookies were taking part instead of liu Shimin and others.. Looking forward to his next match. Ren Chengming took 3 games to overcome Jin Yong. The other two Li Yunze and Liu Liang progressed to the next round.

Justin L and tbgoh288 like this.
  11. antssantss

Retired
    Dong TY has another tough next round against Su Li Yang, a Taiwanese who has improved since he came onto the junior circuit in 2017, when he was just a 16 year old as well. Taiwan's MS has developed very well in recent years so SLY is not to be taken lightly.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, Chen Xiaoxin's bad habit again, not as patient and steady as I hoped for. Against such a superb retriever and counterattacker as Akane, CXX has to be very patient and totally focused, never expect one-shot winners, but able to keep going and going with quality shots. That's the kind of consistency and persistence that she is somewhat lacking as she's practically losing almost all the long(er) rallies with Akane.

Apparently, it's less challenging for her to out-attack another attacking opponent, such as Yeo Jia Min yesterday, than to overcome an exceptional defensive player of Akane's caliber who also happens to possess a strong smash when needed.

In the match with Akane, as typical of most of AY's opponents, CXX lost patience, showed some signs of frustration and annoyance when all her shots kept coming back, and, as expected, committing both forced and even more unforced errors, even when she managed to reduce the deficit to one point from 11-16 to 15-16 in G1.

Still,I like CXX's game and see clear room for improvement, as I believe she has the right attitude and talent to achieve it one day.

13. antssantss

Retired
    Dong Tian Yao lost to Su Li Yang in straight games. Disappointing but not a bad achievement for his first outing. Looking forward to his next tournament. There are 3 more juniors in the last 8 with at least one progressing to the semifinal as Li Yun Ze will meet Ren Chengming. Although I think its unlikely I am hoping for an upset, i.e RCM to win.
    Liu Liang will meet another Taiwanese, Chiang Chien-Wei who took out the 7th seed Yonathan Ramlie. I think its a tough call for LL. The Taiwanese have very good junior MS players. Surprisingly there are no Indonesian MS remaining.
    In the Quarterfinals China has 5 WS; 3 MS, 2 MD , 3 XD and 3 WD. Clearly dominating the Championships. But how many will progress remains to be seen.

14. antssantss

Retired
    Its surprising that out of the 40 matches to be played in the quarterfinals today China has 18 representatives. The Champions Thailand has 3, MS, XD and WS and Indonesia, the runner up also has 3, XD, MD and WS. Korea has 6, the second most representatives.
    It looks like the Chinese coaches made a surprising and fatal change in the WD in the semi finals against Thailand in the Team event. China's WD Luo Xu Min and LI Yi Jin are seeded 2 and Zhou Xin RU and Lin Fang Ling are seeded 4 in the Individual event. The Chinese decided to split the pairings in the semi finals of the team event and fielded Luo Xu Min /Zhou Xin Ru who lost the vital 4th match to the Thailand WD and China lost 3-1.
    Both the 2nd and 4th seeded Chinese WD are in the quarterfinals in the Individual event today and the irony is that the 2nd seeded Chinese Pair beat the same Thailand Pair very easily, 21-13 and 21-14 !!
    Overconfidence?

Justin L likes this.
  15. antssantss

Retired
    Well done Tan Ning, a rookie in the junior team managed to beat Kim Ga Lam, quite a seasoned korean junior who has beaten Zhou Meng in the final of the Dutch junior tournament, ealier this year. She has just turned 16 years and 3 months. This in two sets 21-17 and 21-12, a very impressive scoreline.

#2515 antssantss, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  16. antssantss

Retired
    I just noticed that there are no Japanese players taking part in the individual event. Does anyone know why this is so?

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Maybe one of the CHN WD players wasn't feeling too good that day, otherwise I see no reason for splitting the usual partnerships as they aren't familiar to the opponents to want to introduce the element of surprise.

18. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

#2518 tbgoh288, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  19. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Any link to watch the matches??

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not that I know of, only Livescore at most.