2019 Victor Racquets (TK BXR, TK FC, AuraSpeed and more)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Okaharu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. DinB

DinB Regular Member

I wonder how head heavy the 90K is compared to 90S. I'm using a 90S 3U and thinking if I should get a 90K 4U (instead of 3U) if it is that much more head heavy. I play mainly doubles, and my other head heavy rackets are all 4U. Some say, however, that the 90K is quite balanced, not really a head heavy racket, just a bit heavier than the 90S. If that is the case maybe a 3U would be the better option?

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I've held both in the shop. They balance the same. The extra power is truly in the shaft stiffness.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Thanks. So the 3U should suit me better right? My local badminton shop in Thailand only has the 4U version at the moment, not sure when the 3U version will be sold in Thailand.

4. weifoong

weifoong Regular Member

I owned both 90S and now 90K. Both 3U.
    90S - flexible shaft with whipping motion, even balance. it’s fast but a little light on the power, hence sometimes did struggled with some defensive shot returns. My impression on S was - a quick frame, which I like but I wish that it provide slightly more power
    90K - stiff shaft with slight head heavy. Strung using Ultimax 30 lbs. Played with it for 2 weeks now.
    My verdict :
    Still very fast frame and better power from a stiffer shaft. If you like BS12 or JS12 , the K provide slightly more power with similar maneuverability. I do love it

Just my 2 cents.
    I’m not a beginner and my main racquet is still VZF2. Sometimes I do occasionally swap to speed series racquets. Good luck!

#604 weifoong, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    razorei and DinB like this.
  5. False Catalyst

False Catalyst New Member

Student
    Well, i always wanted something like a JS10, but all the frame sinking issues are getting into my nerves so i backed off, and chose the tk9900, and then the 90k came out, so can anyone compare the 90k to the JS10?

6. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I've only used Yonex and i'm currently using a 3U AX88D which I love. But i've been wanting to try out a 4U racket and then came the 90K. I'll try the 4U 90K soon ... i'm curious to see if I will be able to generate more power with it.

7. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Played with my VZF2 3U after a long time today. It seems like I made a mistake going for a 4U Auraspeed 90k

8. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I bought a 3u 90K.
    Overall, very good to play in all aspects.
    However, none of its attributes reached god-tier.

It has good power but not so deadly.
    It has good control but not extreme accurate.
    It has good drive but not ultra-fast.

Being good in all aspects and forgiving, it's easy to win with this racket.
    But in view of an equipment player, it's no fun.

Junye, boby, s_mair and 1 other person like this.
  9. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

But how easy is it to generate power? I bought it out of curiousity to see whether I like an aero frame better than Yonex's boxy frames. And i tried 4U given than i've only used 3U.

10. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Considering you like using head heavy 3U racquets, I don't think you're going to like the 90K in 4U. If anything, you should try a 3U AX99.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

I've come to realize that it is now Victor's turn to stall in their racket R&D. Just stick with Yonex. They have better rackets now. And better QC too.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

khoai likes this.
  12. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I don't like too heavy. For me the AX88D 3U is my go to racket. I can get nice powerful smashes with it.

Then I asked myself a question. It is a given i'm not getting the most out of the 3U rackets since I'm not powerful enough to make the shaft bend like pros. But what about a 4U? The shaft is usually slightly more flexible than the 3U. Considering the VZF2 3U and 4U.

Also swing speed is important, what if I could make a faster swing with a more aero frame.

So a shaft I can bend more easily plus a frame I can swing faster should equate to more power? Hence my decision to try the 90k 4U.

And also since it is 4U and aero, it suppose it would also be fast all around and can help with drives and defenses.

What do you guys think?

I should be receiving it in a week or so.

13. yoman

yoman Regular Member

My goto is 88d and 99 in 4u. Have a 88d3u too. Currently using 90k 3u. I think 90k4u won't be as powerful as 88d3u for sure. But if u can really whip it with the right tension, maybe. Still I recommend 3u, it's alrdy quite a bit faster than 88d3u. Or try a 99, 4u..

14. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Thanks for the review...
    Are you able to compare it to a BS12 or JS12?

15. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I've tried the AX99 4U and to be honest there is not much difference from the AX88D 3U. Maybe it was in my mind as well. But couldn't feel it being too different.

That's why i'm going drastic and it is not looking good for me.

16. Dhandapani

Dhandapani Regular Member

Can anyone review Victor Drive X7 k racket??

17. baddyjojo

baddyjojo New Member

Hi all, i am new to the forum. Just wanted to ask a quick question regarding auraspeed 90s. I currently have a jetspeed s10 and found it too stiff and the stiffness scale is very different from different sites. Can someone rate the shaft stiffness between these 3 rackets auraspeed 90s, jetspeed s10, n9ii. And i would imagine the balance point would be n9ii>90x>js10. I found this forum very helpful for badminton information. Thanks heaps.

18. throttlementok

throttlementok Regular Member

Hi guys, I owned a 4U TK-BXR and a 4U TKF, and both feel similar to 4U AX88D which I owned it also. Categorized as head heavy racket but the feel of the head is well distributed, so it’s fast and powerful at the same time.

Recently, I enjoy playing with 4U AX99 and I want to find a similar racket from Victor Thruster Series. AX99 seems like a user friendly ZF2 for me, it’s powerful and still fast for a smashing beast (not as fast as AX88D). And one thing to highlight from AX99, for me it’s not a sledgehammer.

I’ve searched from several sources and I found that TK-9900 might be the one, but I’m not sure. Or maybe the Thruster Onigiri?

Thanks before! :D

J the Bob likes this.
  19. |v@n

|v@n Regular Member

Definitely not the Thruster K Onigiri.. From my limited experience.. the Onigiri isn't particularly head heavy given its compact head. That said, it still hits pretty hard and one of the most maneuverable thrusters that I've tried. Don't have much experience with the 9900 though.. maybe someone else can help.

throttlementok likes this.
  20. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I can't believe there are no review of the Auraspeed 90K anywhere till date.