APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Well these are my only 2 cents, left...where is my pay anyway . 1U to 8U, which ever U one picks, they should be comfortable with it and enjoy the game, regardless.

Trend wise, well for me it’s almost impossible to follow. One must be able and capable to follow trends. So if the trends is towards lighter racket and u can wield it, then great news. If not, stick to ur own proven formula and smash ur opponents to bits

We share our experience here and help other get a better understand on their and others experience. So let’s pull the hand break and help me search for a nice apacs rackets

No racket were hurt during this texting and no offense to anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speCulatius likes this.
  2. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I hope you can find a nice little Apacs to try. They do make some decent rackets. Good value for money. Are you looking for like for like replacement to your current rackets or wanting to try something different?

3. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Frankly it’s more like something different which packs a punch and also fast enough.

Replacement? Never though of that, yet... haha....maybe u could suggest something?

4. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Well.... All rounder? Fast n yet decent in power. Like carbonex7 said, the assailant pro and pro commander is quite nice. Not the most powerful nor the fastest but above avg. Light 4u weight (I won't use the "t" word :p) which I quite like. The materials they use now enables lighter rackets which are fast and powerful, I think. But like all rackets, u gotta try to find out. For me, it felt good. Easy swing and easy to generate power. You won't thunder smashes like with a z force but your general play and defence will appreciate the quickness of the racket, especially in doubles.

knfmlee likes this.
  5. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

I would like to ask the same question. Is there a difference between the two colours. Different feel ? Price is the same and good deal if you take a pair.

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I like the black one tho.
    The shiny orange color is to bright for my eye...:cool:
    But its really hard to find here:(.

7. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Point noted, thanks

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    removed a couple of really heated posts. calm down gentlemen. they are just rackets. :cool:

ZDK1213 and flyingcords like this.
  9. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Remember, THE TREND IS MOVING TOWARDS 4U AND LIGHTER RACKETS. Speed rules

10. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

I tried both and IMHO they are exactly the same but some one may disagree with me. The best 4U all rounder APACS has ever produced so far, well done APACS.

11. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    I think i read somewhere here that the blacks with serials beyond 500000 had flexier shafts that the original. I myself am hesitating to stock up if the shaft has indeed become a tad flexier.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

12. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I didn't like how flexible it was to begin with. If they made it even more flexible... I'm definitely not keen on that. Too bad apacs has such little information out on their products.

13. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    Based on experience with other mainstreams and playing with the AVP for a good 4+ yrs, i'd say it's at the higher end of Yonex medium stiffness bordering medium-stiff territory (close to Arc 11). It has a BP of 293 to 298 so a flexier shaft will take away it's agility and responsiveness, which to me are its selling points.
    I do hope someone can confirm or debunk this as aside from H200, AVP is the only apacs racket i could comfortably play with right now.

14. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

On product info, Yes, this is true, they just indicate the specs and nothing more. Best part some are identical to which makes ppl wonder and sometime confused.

15. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Just saw this Apacs Dual Power Speed.
    Looks very much like YY D10
    Noticed that Apacs Dual Power Speed got version 1 and 2? What’s the difference?

I don’t mind replacing my D10 if this racket is good ( same specs). The problem with D10 is the the top (12 o’clock) sinks at 28lbs, even with continuous grommet and it cost like $150 during sale

Racket likely to buy, as of now
    1. AVP 3U
    2. Pending but T200 ll look strong contender
    3. TBC

16. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I reckon if you like 3u weight, T200ii is not a bad choice.

17. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Yes, I love 3U range. Noted and will go see the T200 ll. Just found out that my friend got T200, will test it out this Sunday

18. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

It was my post and it was the orange AVP one. And I still, even if I'm pretty sure of that difference (I have sold the new ones and kept the old ones, just to say), I still would like to hear the opinion and feeling of everyone who tried the old and new orange ones. The difference is not only about feeling, the shaft is a little shorter on the new series and top cap slightly different too.
    And for me AVP is not 4U. It's a 3U.

19. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    Thanks for clearing it up and sorry for the confusion. The ones i have left are all 370k series ones and they have about similar shaft stiffness.. I'd like to restock with the black but worried it might not be like the OG AVPs anymore.

20. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Finally managed to get my hands on an Apacs Virtuoso Pro II Robert Blair. It's a solid racket as the AVP but slightly lighter. However, due to the head heavy specs at 300mm, it may not suit everyone's game. I got a pre-used one and it's strung at 25lbs with Li Ning No.1. Both are not my usual combination. Played with it during one friendly game yday and it does provide some good attacking play. Defense wasnt too bad at all considering i was able to return most of the opponents' massive smashes. However, the Karakal grip that came with it got a slippery with the sweat and I changed to my go-to racket Fischer Magnetic Pro No.1. All in all, will try to play more games with the AVP RB to see it's true performance. But I'm happy with the catch.

Carbonex_7 and Slayer74 like this.