Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Looks straight out of a F1 race track

2. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Yeah what's with that finish line pattern? lol
    Idk, I really don't think that's gonna be their new jersey.

3. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

So ugly :mad:

Come on yonex, you can make these for team JPN..

[​IMG]
    And these for team KOR..

[​IMG]

Give minions better jersey please..

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah, after their hat-tricks in Japan Open and Kevin mentioning "Yonex" in his winning speech, they should come up with something much better for minions :D:p

I like their current red-white jersey though, looks cooler than the blue-yellow one.

5. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

I kinda like it, when yonex gives minions special jersey. No matter how ridiculous it was, but the jersey was always designed just for them. We couldnt see other yonex players wear it. Even for Japan, yonex just launched the same jersey for different japanese players.
    But for their 'golden boys', yonex seems to have fun designing new ones every year

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Their special design looked like "rejected" ones lol.
    Though it is true that their striped ones were designed exclusively for minions, but not these pajamas versions. We see them in many players/staff too though different style.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I don't know. Tight competition. This is marginally worse I think. :D
    Funny when contrasted with the sick JPN shirt, who used to kinda get the short end of the stick for a few years, with those uniforms that hit the shelves outdated and didn't get changed for like 2 years...

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Made and edited like this, it sure makes minions seem hundred times much cooler :D

wade likes this.
  9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Oh, and one more thing. I just hope Marcus won't dye his hair blonde again this time:rolleyes::cool:

Been browsing the youtube channels:

- Marcus after winning IO :

- Kevin after winning IO :

@j4ckie,
    are these the numbers you were asking for? :D:p
    R16. Minions vs Ou/Zhang : 595,590 views
    thailandopen19.r16.gidsuk.vs.ouzhang.jpg

R32. Ahsan/Hendra vs Ong/Teo : 255,440 views; R32. Fajar/Rian vs Hoki/Kobayashi : 195,869 views
    thailandopen19.r16.ahset.fajri.jpg

Though to be fair in R16 minions vs Ivanov/Sozonov : 36,742 views :p
    thailandopen19.r32.gidsuk.jpg

10. wade

wade Regular Member

Maybe it's kevin's turn to dye his hair blonde this time ? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

or have his hair shaved bold, in order to lighten his head weight...

12. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

Was kevin the first player to do the crouch defense consistently in MD ? sometimes I even thinking that it's not actually a desperation defense, it's like a secret weapon for him.

13. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

LYD did use the crouch defence back around 2015-2016 but he used it exclusively defensively. Kevin is the first to use the crouch defence offensively and put pressure on opponents even when they have the shuttle above net height (and so far the only one talented enough to utilise it consistently). Never fails to wow me even though he keeps doing it :eek: Though I have to say Kamura does it decently well too but nowhere as good as Kevin

#4153 rhoder, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  14. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

who is fastest kevin or cai yun

15. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

https://www.suara.com/sport/2019/08...n-marcus-cs-latihan-formasi-4-vs-2-dan-3-vs-3

Special training being done by Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo / Marcus Fernaldi Gideon and co ahead of their participation in the 2019 Badminton World Championships, August 19-25.

In the morning training session at Pelatnas PBSI, Cipayung, East Jakarta, Tuesday (08/13/2019), Kevin / Marcus cs trained with the formation of 4 against 2, and 3 against 3.

PBSI's men's doubles coach, Herry Iman Pierngadi explained, the purpose of the training with the two formations.

Herry said the purpose of practicing 4 against 2 is to improve the defensive aspects. While the 3 against 3 formation is useful for sharpening the technical side.

In the first pattern, four players are assigned to attack repeatedly. Meanwhile, the other two players must be prepared to return everything from their four colleagues.

While in the second pattern, each side filled with three players are required to attack each other.

The challenge, each player must focus and be alert in returning the shuttlecock that is moving very fast because of the limited space.

"When it's 2 against 2 the court looks wide and open. If it's 3 against 3 you can't just hit the shuttle freely. In front there are people, behind there are people, so it's sharpening the placement of the shuttle, raising up the tempo," he continued.

Herry explained that the training pattern that Kevin / Marcus and co devoured was a concoction of the predecessor men's doubles trainers. The rest, he developed himself to be more perfect.

"Actually, I continued the pattern of Koh Chris (Christian Hadinata) training. back then we had limited court (for practice), so usually only 2 pairs can play, the other can't", Herry said.

"Finally it was decided to play 3 against 3. The pioneer was Indonesia. So I developed it like this."

"It used to be only for entertainment. While now I make clear patterns and rules," he concluded.

Kevin / Marcus cs planned to leave for Basel, Switzerland to take part in the 2019 World Championship on Wednesday (08/14/2019) tomorrow.

MezzL, wade, rhoder and 1 other person like this.
  16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

https://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/8333

[​IMG]
    (World Championships 2019) Indonesia targets one title

Bla bla bla..:D:D:p

In short, Indonesia is expecting one title from WC 2019 from any discipline. But the highest chance would be from MD as they had managed to have All Indonesian MD Final back to back in the last two tournaments. Though they hope the other discipline like XD, MS could surprise them like they did in Japan Open.

The players are leaving to Basel on Wed, 14/8/2019.

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Interview with Kevin regarding the coming WC :

Kevin: (Of course we really want to win so bad but..) No pressure, just enjoy the match :)

I guess they are going with the same jerseys haha.

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Minions will play in both China Open Super1000 and Korea Open S500 next month.
    They have never won either title. But I'd say go for the China S1000 as Kevin did poorly last year.

19. wade

wade Regular Member

rhoder, MezzL and yuquall like this.
  20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I can't believe it's almost 20 years since 2000. Candra/Tony was my favorite pair, thought they could have achieved much more. Sigit was a great player too but I much prefer Tony for Candra's partner.

Though I am totally grateful to Sigit for coaching Kevin back in the club to be the player he is now :)