N90 III, TKF, or LD Force 2019?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by YoonSoAh, Aug 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

So I just have used my Arcsaber 11 for at least 5 years. Was getting it from my father after he quits badminton due to injury. Been nice w/ her, except the lack of power on smash which I found it a bit meh. Need some recommendation between those 3. Am mainly a single player, and found out that swing of a 3U ZF2 of my friend to be too heavy af for me smhw. So probably AX99 is out from my list lel. Am an intermediate player btw. Preferably on medium to stiff ones, head heavy.

The option is
    Victor TKF/TKF Claw
    Yonex VOLTRIC LD Force 2019
    Li Ning N90 III (I know they're now the 3D Calibar, but I'd prefer the N90 III for some reason listed below).

Another option is probably the AX88 series, or some Jetspeed 10 (knowing some peeps here are Victor mafia smhw lel). There's also Li Ning Razor 95 and the Calibar 900B/N90 IV, with some similar specs compared to N90 III. Am mainly towards these 3 tho, bkoz they looked like my 2D girl collection from a certain Chinese ship mobile game lel xD

Thx in advance

#1 YoonSoAh, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Apparently LD force 2019 is extremely difficult to use due to super stiff + head heavy + small sweet spot.

Never tried Victor TKF

Ive used N90 III, did not like it at all

YoonSoAh likes this.
  3. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

LMAO, guess LDF 2016 and LDF 2019 aint the same kind of beast ehh? So LDF 2019 is basically some kind of 80 E Tune/VTZF2?

Any HH racket that u find it to be nice?
    To note, am open to both 3u and 4u.

4. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    I would say LDF 2019 is more like ZF2. Honestly, I think only Lin Dan can use the LDF 2019 :D:D:D

For HH racket maybe try Astrox 88D? Lining N90 I is nice if you can find it. Maybe Jetspeed 12? The Duora rackets are pretty good but they are only slightly head heavy

5. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

As for 1st gen N90, just freakin too much under $200 faker there sadly. And I heard it's stiff af smhw? Probably would've tried out AX88D. As for JS12 . . . It's a matter of hate/love relationship, considering em paintjob lel, but would test it as well. As for Duora, out. Am not really fond of the need to rotate my own girl lol.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DB using Tapatalk

#5 YoonSoAh, Aug 8, 2019
  6. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

Also, how about a 4U LDF 2019? That way, deekpick + light xD

But still, need moar info on LDF 2019 smhw lel, probably would've checked my local store next week after I'm back from a trip to Makassar xD

Thx in advance

#6 YoonSoAh, Aug 8, 2019
  7. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    The one I tried was 4U. I would recommend trying it before buying lol. It looks pretty but....you might end up with wrist pain

8. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

How about the LDF Rio Edition (the 2016 ones)? There are some still in stock currently on my country tbh. As for pain, it's an old friend tbh (with regards to Dr. Strange's quote xD), and since I played singles, and somehow using some lead tape on my Arc 11, it's not that bad tbh lel. It's just that I can't really handle the extra stiff shaft of the ZF2 lel. Would've checked 2016 LDF and 2019 LDF smhw, alongside AX88D (that red is similar to my AL 2D girl, and it looks like it handles nicely for my need xD) and JS12 (still a love hate relationship lel).

Also, how about the Aeronauts/Airstreams from Li Ning?

#8 YoonSoAh, Aug 8, 2019
  9. Adi Tariono

Adi Tariono Regular Member

For me LDF Rio Edition is more user friendly than LDF 2019, a little bit flex.
    If you can find N90II LD (white) or N99 Airstream ( for fast game in single or double require good wrist like arc 11)

10. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

Welp, N90II LD not even available rn in Indo lel. As for N99, would probably checked out this one too. How about the Aeronaut 8000 tho? Considering the Airstreams was superseded by the Aeronauts.

Btw, between 3U LDF 2016 and 4U LDF 2019, the 2019 ones has stiffer things ehh? How about in terms of stiffness compared to my 3U Arc 11? And compared to 3U and 4U VTZF2? And how about the TKF series?

#10 YoonSoAh, Aug 8, 2019
  11. Adi Tariono

I'm buy N90II LD in indo, but that is the last one in the shop. he he he.

from my opinion between aeronaut 8000 and N99 is same thing only different name. the new aeronaut that one that Shi yu xi ( Aeronaut 9000 i believe) use is a little different in shape of the frame ( little bit round in the edge ) and the size of tha Airstream is little bit small.

Between 3U LDF 2016 and 4U LDF 2019 is much stiffer LDF 2019, but LDF 2016 much heavier. Why don't you try looking for 4U LDF 2016 ?

For Arc 11 is little bit stiffer from LDF 2016 and 2019. for VTZF2 it is extra stiff is above from LDF and Arc 11.

For TKF I haven't try if yet, because the price is not make sense to me. but according to the spec it is almost same with 4U LDF 2016.

best regards,

12. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

Dahm u xD

Am a bit frantic for LDF 2016 and 2019 tbh, both looks majestic and hot smhw, w/ LDF 2016 looks like a dead ringer for Gil from Fate series, and LDF 2019 pretty much Taihou from Azur Lane (a certain mobage, my current profile pic) besides the fact they have some nice specs that might fits me lel.

Same could be said for TKF xD

13. Adi Tariono

Yeah I know how you feel, at time I buy LDF 2016 the first thing I don't like is the colour. hehehhe but still I buy it because I feel good when I swing it and also for my collection. hehehehehe. I like the 2019 one in colour.

Also do you ever try VTZF2 LD White one, not red or yellow one. it is also good one, it is "balance version of VTZF2". it is little flex from the original one.

Or Duora 10 LCW purple with orange and white stripe I think. it is a balance also.

14. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

Well, it's rare to see the white VTZF2 LD smhw on Indo, but would probably see it as well, if only not bkoz of the smoll head of VTZF2 smhw (I prefer larger head tbh).

Also, contrary to yours, I liked the 2016 ones, it's just that the 2019 looks like my girl from AL mobage, both being based off Phoenix in design lel. Would probably checked out AX88D tho, same design too; and better forgiveness for someone who played on an Arc 11 for years it seems lel xD

#14 YoonSoAh, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  15. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Late reply but I just tried the Astrox 88D recently and liked it a lot. I think you should pick this, its head heavy, fast swings, not too stiff and generally very usable.

If you didnt like the ZFII then you wont like the LDF2019.

I think I may buy a 88D for myself now....hmm..

16. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

Hmmmmmm . . . .

One thing I like is the red of AX88D, but that support cap . . . Why green xD

Wonder if gold LDF 2016 Rio edition would do the same job tho.

Also, how about AX99? I happen to be a single player so well XD

To note, the one I dislike was the 3U VTZF2, not the 4u lel, so probably would give a shot at between both VLDF16/19 and AX88D/99 considering I have the penny xD

#16 YoonSoAh, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  17. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Never tried the AX99 so can't help you there :(

18. Kapca81

Kapca81 New Member

I have both Arcsaber 11 and LD Force 2016 edition in 3U. They are quite different rackets. I did not have opportunity to test LD Force prior to buying the racket and was honestly a little dissapointed at first session. Now a few years in when I found the ideal stringing it is my racket of choice for singles and most doubles matches. LD Force is definitely a racket for a player who likes to dictate a pace of game, attack and has strong enough arms to handle this head heavy racket. It is more forgiving than lets say ZF2 in my opinion but still requires from you to generate the power on your own. I prefer LD Force to Arc 11 in almost every situation (it is not as fast in defense as Arc11 and I like hitting sound of Arc11 but that is about it). I use Arc 11 these days just in some occasional teaching sessions or rarely in doubles where the partner is meant as primary attacker on smash. I got LD Force 2019 edition yesterday and is currently at the stringer. Tommorrow afternoon will have 3 hours session with it and can report if it is only repaint job or they changes someting like some users reported.

19. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

Waiting on reports here.

Also, how about AX99? Thx in advance bro

20. Kapca81

Kapca81 New Member

The 2019 version of LD Force is just a repaint job in my opinion. I used both rackets yesterday at similar tension (around 26lbs) and same stringing (Ashaway 66 Fire Power) and did not notice change in stiffness and balance. I would say that small differences were probably in used overgrip on 2016 version and fact that strings on 2016 version probably lost some tension as it was stringed about 2,5 months ago. I established that head size and lenght is same based on visual comparison when I received the racket so I do not know where the reports about 2019 version being completely new racket come from. In essence it is still my favourite racket.

I have only used AX99 one time for one singles game and I did not like it but it was probably to the fact that tension was above my preffered tension and would need more time to adjust. Maybe some other user can comment on AX99. I loved AX88D when I tried it though but again have not played long enough with it to give you quality feedback.

You should always try to test different rackets by yourself and establish which complements your game the most.

YoonSoAh likes this.