Lining Turbocharging n7ii vs n9ii

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by throttlementok, May 4, 2019.

1. throttlementok

throttlementok Regular Member

I just want to ask, is it correct to call the n7ii is a front court player racket and n9ii is a back court player racket?

Because I found the n7ii used by Hendra Setiawan, Zhang Nan, Cai Yun. On the other hand, n9ii used by Fu Haifeng, Tontowi Ahmad, Praveen Jordan, and Hafiz Faizal.

Looking forward for reviews on both rackets based on your experiences. Mention which one of the racket and also mention are you a front or back court player.

Thanks before! :D

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I use the N7II. If I play with somebody who is a better attacking player than I, I'm able to be more focuse in front court and mid court. If I partner a more finesse frontcourt player, I can play the rear court. Beside MD I love to play XD as well. BTW Zhang Nan plays also XD and Tontowi Ahmad is not a big gun beside Jordan and Fu. FME the N9II and N7II are really close. You can hardly tell the difference between both. Non of them is a sledgehammer and more on the even side.

My review of N7II:

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...-rackets-fan-club.75225/page-207#post-2617675

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...-rackets-fan-club.75225/page-207#post-2618402

You can also look around in the thread. There are other reviews of both.

throttlementok likes this.
  3. throttlementok

Great reviews on your posts! I can imagine how it feels after read your reviews lol

By the way, my friend is looking for a new racket. He is currently using Duora Z Strike and he felt that it was too stiff and he didn’t generate enough power from it.

He is a front court player and he needs a racket that can help him deliver smashes when he is at the back court, but also compatible for front court play style, such as fast reactions, good defense, drive, net play, good control, etc.

Which one will you suggest from n7ii and n9ii will be more suitable for the replacement?

Seems like you will suggest the n7ii, but can you breakdown the details between the n7ii and DZS to convinced my friend switching to n7ii like you did. :D

Thanks before!

4. Moonis

Moonis New Member

It's not that you cant smash with an n7ii or defend with an n 9ii. If your friend is a speed player, likes to intercept, dribble and hit crisp half smashes in the open spaces n7 Ii would be a better racquet. If he is built more solid and moves a little less but hits a lot harder, he may benefit more from the n9ii IMO

5. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I have both and since I got the N7ii, I've come to use it more than the N9ii's, even in singles. The N9ii gives me a bit more punchy smashes, but only at the times when I time it exactly right. It can also be a bit more forgiving when under pressure due to more flex. So why I prefer the N7ii at the moment - better accuracy, better consistency, smashes are good enough, dropshots much better, faster at the net and I also feel the stiffness/flex suits me good.

6. throttlementok

I’ve bought both of them and within 2 weeks I sold both lol thanks for your insights guys!

boby likes this.
  7. boby

boby Regular Member

Lol... any review? And what is your main racket?

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

yesterday im following my friend whos looking for new weapon. On the store i saw N9ii FHF discount price for $99. From the look, its look legit tho i havent use lining verification site & the store itself have quite good reputation. Thinking maybe i should get it:D, but now you put a doubt on me....:(

9. llrr

llrr Regular Member

If something is too good to be true, it probably is.

10. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I bought one of my N9ii for 99 EUR at smoof.de. Perfectly legit.

11. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

the local store is clearing the various stocks of n9II and n7II due to name change.... prices are real close to USD 100

the same store is also selling blue bs12 for around USD 90

the store is legit....oh and there are more than 1 stores here in Surabaya INdonesia that do this...so yea....

12. throttlementok

My starter post for this thread was asking for my friend. He is using n7ii since then and he loves it. Before that, I owned 75C in my bag and I want to add more collection so I bought n7ii and n9ii.

Both are too flex for me, but they’re really good rackets. User friendly, fast, and powerful.

My main racket now is Astrox 99 4UG5.

Both are user friendly racket, easy, fast, and powerful. But the weight distributions are different, I prefer n7ii to n9ii. Just my personal taste :D

boby likes this.
  13. llrr

llrr Regular Member

That's odd. I can understand clearance racquets at 100 USD, but I thought being a limited, numbered racquet (N9ii FHF), it would always be a bit more expensive than the regular model.

14. juzzi

juzzi New Member

Setiawan actually used the N9ii even though he had a "signature" N7ii