[SHARING] Quick Practical Tips for Smashing

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Driger1, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Driger1

Driger1 Regular Member

Hello fellas, I understand that a lot of you might've struggled on how to do/produce an effective smash(es) and I noticed that a lot of the explanations are kinda long and a bit complex to be understood.

So here's some of the tips that are going to help you figure out how to produce this one of the most satisfying shots in the sport of badminton, if not the most satisfying!

Please note that I am mainly writing these down as short as possible as they come in bullet points only so hopefully you guys can get a quick grasp on how to do it:

Note that these tips do not necessarily come in order:

1. Relax

2. Try to get behind the ball as quickly as possible

3. Try to reach the ball at the highest point

4. Stand sideway upon impact

5. Pause/Stop completely and don't make any move at all right before you hit

6. Tighten grip upon impact

7. The initial energy that you feel inside your body just before you hit should be on your feet / ankle area then it gradually goes up quickly and it ends on your fingers.

8. Do full swing

9. Open your chest as wide as possible

10. Rise your left arm and rotate quickly to give space for your right arm to hit the ball

So those are some of the tips that I'd like to share, I am sure there's a lot more that can be shared so feel free to continue / add more tips in smashing! Thank you

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

2. Ayush Shah

Ayush Shah Regular Member

Thanks,for the tips, mate. :)
    Could u suggest any drills (with/without racket) to improve the smash movement?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3. Driger1

Driger1 Regular Member

You're welcome pal.

I'm sure there's many ways that you can attempt to improve your smash movement but personally I'd suggest you to practice hitting smashes as often as possible especially during warm ups before your actual game, this is simple and easy because most people do warm ups before they play for 10-15 mins. Ask your friend to lift the shuttle and just hit smashes with full power, that way your mind and body will get the feel of producing smashes and you can perform it on actual play to win points.

4. SimonCarter

SimonCarter Regular Member

Be careful to do so at the end of your warm up otherwise this won't be warm up anymore!

LenaicM likes this.
  5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Doing shadow/fake smash including arm, body, & foot movement repeatly. This way your body will memorize the movement when you actually play.
    You can use real racket so you got the feeling or holding some weight to train your muscle to. (I use plastic bottle filled with sand)