Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Yes it is

2. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

That would be practical if (1) is was much clearer and (2) I bought from a physical shop.
    Unfortunately I bought from an online shop and they stated S2 for the purple n7ii.

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I agree. For me it doesn't make a difference if S2 or S1 unless all my rackets have the same grip size. I play frequently tournaments and league games, so my backup should be identical, if I break strings in a tight match. The purple N7II was my first Li Ning racket. I remember very well that I was thinking about purple or white, but everything was on paper of the shops equal.

IMO it is stupid. If they bring out 2 colorways for one model, they should clearly state the difference or even better, don't make them different or categorize like Yonex. I pulled the trigger for the purple, because I liked it a bit more. The white was discounted for a very nice deal, so I pulled the trigger for a 3rd to be save for tournaments.

Thanks, nice hint. I controlled my rackets and indeed the purples are RJR-S1 and the white RJR-S2. Never thought about it, because I wrap my grip slightly up to the shaft. :(

Yeah, I also trusted the shops. It's their daily business. Not many shops here sell Li Ning, so I'm forced to order online in the 3rd world badminton nation Germany or need to travel 100km. But it seems that Li Ning, confused a few people here as well.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Maybe look up heat shrink wrap, I saw a video years ago about someone beefing up their grip with some. Still had pretty good bevels too, not quite as sharp as the wood underneath, but better than wrapping with overgrips or sth.
    Otherwise, see it as a lesson to be less OCD about equipment and wrap it with 1 more overgrips, which is what I have done - I have 1 racket with and 1 without factory grip wrapped with overgrip(s), and used to freak out over the differences because I can be very very specific about my grip. I decided to let it be and maybe focus on other stuff, and try to ignore my equipment while I play. So far it's working.

Saru and ucantseeme like this.
  5. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I think, if I were a guy who change to different rackets in a match a different grip wouldn't kill me. But as long as I want to buy same things and stay as long as I can't prolong the usage of it, it is IMO a big thing, which will always rest in my mind. The different color is an indicator which will always remind me which one is the thicker one.

The heatshrink is a good idea. Thank you. I will give it a try. Never the less, it is for me something which annoys me. My first purple one was from your sponsor/team offered as S2.;) Second one from badmania also offered as S2. IMO if there would be a clear line across all models, I would accept it, stupid me, but just for the N7II and some limiteds they bring out a different grip size? And all shops are so stupid to offer them as the same? Very misleading to me. I think that Li Ning should work there. A better catalogue and a more clear line up/name sceme and the shops should work on better informations. IMO their high quality products deserve a high quality catalogue with informations as well.

6. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I don’t even understand the point of making two different grip sizes, after all Li Ning racquets are made for one very player, N7ii is made for Zhang Nan… do you think ZN likes swapping grip sizes during matches? No way! A pro wouldn’t change something he is comfortable with for years.

I used to play with N7ii too, and was on the edge to buy a second one to complement my white one… would have buy a purple one… glad I didn’t

ucantseeme likes this.
  7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Well, they have "solved" the problem in the meantime by offering the TC70 only in white color.

But I'm fully with you that it's total nonsense to offer the different colors with different grip sizes and (the worst of all) without informing clearly about it.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think the different grip sizes and stuff are a remnant of the period where basically every pro had their own distinct racket - and there were like 5 versions of the N7ii (Natsir, Ahmad, Setiawan, Zhang,....).
    They fixed that, as far as I'm aware, with the new names.
    I'm not a person to switch rackets, have barely used a different one even in training in over 3 years now, and I got used to slightly different grips. You can too! :D
    As long as the thickness is very similar I can cope, nowadays. Grip size is very important though as it influences your timing and you need to adapt your hand position/grip slightly, especially around the net, when changing grip thickness.

ucantseeme and Saru like this.
  9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    They also solved it, by a better catalogue and a video which explained the name sceme, even when the differences are marginal. I remember 2 years ago where nobody could really tell any specs and so on. Also the catalog didn't stated any grip size. I also didn't have seen an explaination of the sizes in the code. I remember a sticker on the buttcap for the old ones. That they engraved it was something new for me. I ordered some heat shrink 2:1 without glue and calculated the thickness which will be add to the handle and I think this will be the cleanest and best long term solution for the purple ones.

Honestly I thought a moment about selling the purple ones and pull the trigger for 2 TC70. :D

@j4ckie I fully agree with you. I can nearly play with a wide range of rackets unless the stringing job and the grip are to my liking. IMO the most underrated 2 things when it comes to rackets, especially the grip.

10. Rakesh Kumar Singh

Rakesh Kumar Singh New Member

I could have posted this in other thread but I want to get response from my Li-Ning brotherhood. I am BIG FAN of Li-ning and have been playing since 5yrs. Progressed from Amateur to Intermediate and happy in this space. I am from India and have been using Li-Ning G Force 3000 I for 2yrs but sadly it broke last week. Now I am very confused as which one to buy. I dont like head heavy rackets. And my budget is INR 3000 which is USD 50 ( Thats how deep my pocket goes :( )
    Kindly suggest a decent racket in this price range.... And THANK YOU to the Community. Peace!

11. Mufleeh Sadique

Mufleeh Sadique New Member

Hi, I'm just new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Pls advise otherwise.

What's the best racket(control and power) as per your experience out of the the following ones,

• Turbo X2.0
    • Rocks N33 II
    • Turbo Charging 7 Speed
    • Razor RZ7
    • Ultra Carbon 5000
    • Windstorm N77 II
    • Turbo X105
    • Ultra Carbon UC3520
    • Flame F380
    • Turbo X101
    • Super series SS78 III
    • Super series SS88 III
    • Flame Aeroflo 1992

Thanks in advance.

12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    There is no best racket. IMO control and power are very related to a player. If you can't hit consistent the sweet spot all the time or are not consistent to hit a shuttle where you want or are not to able to get behind a shuttle properly to exexute a shot with the correct technique, no racket can fix this. IMO it is related to the player instead to any racket. If you can't get to it with good posture, grip and technique control and power are impossible to achieve.

IMO a mid stiff to stiff shaft, box frame and a not too light racket are normally attributes which indicates for me a racket with good control and power. Putting a list here with nearly a douzen unpopular rackets are not very helpful. How did you make the list? It seems that the budget made the list, right? I only know the N77II and if I remember correctly it was a very flexible racket by bending in the shop. It is 5 years ago, so I could also be wrong.

decoy likes this.
  13. Adi Tariono

Adi Tariono Regular Member

from your list there 2 racket high end ( N-series) others is medium low range.

if you have budget go with high end racket because they have better material that give you better feel. between N33 II and N77II for control and power I choose N33 II than N77 II. because N33 II is more user friendly than N77 II. N33 II is little faster than N77 II. N33 II balance all round and N77 II is a bit head heavy.

for other other racket I only try few time UC 3520, I'm not recommended this racket because for me the feel is too plain, I cannot feel any of my shot with this racket.

but please remember that this is just my personal opinion.

Note: If you wanna buy high end racket please do in your trusted store, because N series is old series and have so many counterfeit.

Best regards,

14. deven

deven Regular Member

business
    has anyone used 7000c for doubles more and occasional singles . pls elaborate how does it feel .
    I am using 4u Astrox 88D but find it too numb n too stiff .

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Guys this is a discussion thread. Not a place to hawk your wares.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

j4ckie and Saru like this.
  16. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Sorry guys my apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Anyone who has used the TC70B, is it far different from the TC70/N7II?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

18. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I had the two, the only thing they got in common is the 70 in the name!
    One is stiff and head heavy, the other is quite flexible and head light...

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  19. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Cant get u.. which one is stiff and head heavy? 70B is 88 grams and BP is 285 so it will be somewhat balanced. On the other hand n7ii is of same weight Infact 87 +- 2 but BP is higher which 297. Ideally n7II should be more heavy heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Thanks mainly attracted to it due to the colorway and nothing else. Saw the 7000C in flesh and that is also great

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk